Jump to content

Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'refinancing'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Intro & News
    • Please Read Before Posting - NEWBIES START HERE
    • CB gets Press!
    • CreditBoards Success Stories
    • Newbies Section
  • Creditboards Main Forums
    • Credit Forum
    • Medical Billing & Medical Collections
    • Bankruptcy
    • Foreclosures/Loan Modifications
    • Chexsystems Help
    • Debt Consolidation, Counseling and Management
    • Military Credit
    • Canadian Credit
  • Financing
    • Mortgages
    • Automotive Financing
    • Student Loans
    • Business Credit
  • Money Management
    • Money Management
  • Special Topics
    • VISA MC policies
  • Resources
    • Laws Laws Laws
    • Where can I Find?
    • CaseLaw
    • State Laws
    • Debt Collector Hall of Shame
    • Identity Theft
    • CreditPulls Database
    • Databases and Reference
    • Sample Letters
  • Misc.
    • General Discussion

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Website URL






Found 2 results

  1. Been reading tons but still unsure about my specific situation with TU. Advice is appreciated. I have one baddie on TU. I had disputed the baddie plus the address it was tied to, which is not mine. (I guess I disputed them at the same time and could have done a better job with it.) They removed the address thankfully, but marked the account as "updated". That was 9.5 months ago. Am I better off waiting until the 12 month mark to dispute it again or can I dispute it now? (I don't want to wait, because I'm hoping to refinance this summer but want to first get a secured card, etc.) And, EX has me on a 3 month fraud alert, which TU surely knows. Should I wait until that's gone? The 3 month is half over already. (Amazingly the same baddie got removed from EX recently, so I have hope that the collection agency is more lax now that's older. EX is hard to get removals with.) I also have 2 bad TU inquiries. They are law offices under the Regular Inquiries heading and over a year old, but I can't wait that long. (Unless the refinance officers won't look in detail at TU, so they won't see the bad INQs? Even if they don't, the bad INQs could prevent me from building up credit in the next 6 months.) I read all about doing B* and will if I have to, but maybe I should simply dispute the INQs with TU? Just that I didn't give permission for an INQ and have no business with those law offices. I have never disputed them before. Do I have to wait until the fraud alert expires? Should I wait on these until the baddie is gone?
  2. How long after Chapter 13 is approved can you start refinancing? Chase wants me to do a loan modification but I don't want to mess up my wife's credit. She and I only have the house as common debt.

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
  • Create New...

Important Information