Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so. This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'dental'.
Found 2 results
We are dealing with a bank that has threatened to foreclose on a mortgage my husband and I hold on a business property he uses for his dental practice. The mortgage had been 90 days overdue for the several months. Today (Tuesday, June 4th), the bank called my husband and told him that if he did not bring the mortgage current by Thursday, June 6th, they would initiate foreclosure proceedings. They refused to offer or discuss any program or otherwise work with us. Years ago, we had paid extra into the principal of the loan so that we a few years ahead of schedule for paying off the loan. However, the bank rejects this line of reasoning demands that we bring the number of payments up to date. We did not take out the mortgage with this bank; the original bank was acquired by a chain. The mortgage was obtained with help from the Small Business Administration. We suspect that the bank has ulterior motives in trying to foreclose on us. We suspect that this bank would like to acquire the property because it is in a prime location on a state road in the heart of the natural gas fracking industry in our state. The property itself could not be used for fracking, but it is in a good location for a business that could serve the industry. The bank has been in the habit of doing nasty things to us. For example, we would receive letters claiming that they were calling the loan because my husband’s life insurance (a requirement for the mortgage) was not paid up when this was not the case. This bank also had been in the habit of taking money for payment of the mortgage from a business account we have with them (also a requirement of the mortgage) at different dates during the month, not the date we had agreed upon, and without warning, often interfering with our ability to make payroll or pay other obligations. Furthermore, the account that they would take from is in the name of the corporation my husband started whereas the mortgage is in his and my names (my name is not on the corporation because it is a professional corporation or PC). The practice has suffered financially because of a former office manager whom we know mismanaged finances and whom we (and our current accountant) believe embezzled a large quantity of money over the years. The local police investigated but claim that they could not find evidence of theft or embezzlement. Several times we were told that the police were ready to make an arrest, and they just needed to do another check of the evidence. Then we would be told that the evidence didn’t hold up to scrutiny. Along with the loss of money, the embezzlement got us in trouble with the IRS because the former office manager did not send in checks for payment of the payroll taxes for several quarters. This person intercepted mail and phone calls, so we were in the dark about this (and about debts to vendors). After the person left, we found drawers full of checks my husband had signed that obviously had never been mailed. The primary problem here is preventing foreclosure on this business property. We have made a big investment in this property, paying over $300,000 over the years, and thepractice is a key source of our income. We are attempting to borrow money from friends and relatives to prevent the foreclosure. Any advice regarding dealing with the bank regarding the foreclosure would be welcome.
I have gone to this dentist because I could use Care Credit and make payments, right? I have always trusted the dentist, but he has changed in the last few years. to make a long story short: I had a bunch of work done even tho I merely went for a crown. All the work, except for a bridge, was substandard and I disputed a couple of crowns as #1 he quoted me prices that he kept changing, demanded MY work to make himself whole on this "discount" he gave me #2 one crown should never have been placed at all and failed after 10 days. And made me sick from the awful bactria and unable to work for months #3 he destroyed a crown root & canal job I had paid $3000.00 for about 3-4 years ago saying it was totally degraded. Another dentist I've been working with ( who couldn't take payments) said she hadn't seen anythng wrong with the tooth and it sure wasn't bothering me. I've had to have it pulled out since then and it has really changed my bite and messed up my partial. And made me sick again for a month ( I always get sick when my teeth are pulled) My other dentist said he drilled INTO my gum, destroyed the crown margin. ETC So, anyway, I contacted Care Credit and disputed two crown charges, one of which I won for non-authorization of charge. I figured that was one for the good guys. Wrong. The dentist contacted me the other day and demanded payment of this balance ( about $1300) saying that I had recieved the work and had to pay for it. I've had it with these people and their funky billing system; reliance on the dentist's prior excellent repuatation and feeling like prey instead of patient in his chair. Most of his "work" is now out of my mouth having failed and the first crown is causing me sensitivity due to improper finishing. I was sick for months after he left that poison tooth (which dry-socketed) in my mouth after it broke off and he tried to crown it. Now, I have a hole in my jaw in the exact shape of the root! Hasn't filled in at all after 6 months I had quite long email converstaions (which I saved) with the dentist who acknowledes nothing except that MY teeth were to blame I have contacted my current dentist, asking if she'd be a witness for me. I am in the process of writing a letter to the bad dentist offering to file malpractice, which crossed my mind several times during and after the work he did on me. I did not want to go that way, but I can and will. I feel he is harassing me and really, is a bit nuts. DO I owe him this amount legally? (If I sold MY customers something that fell apart after 10 days I can tell you I would refund their money pronto.) Should I tell him I'm considering legal action or just do it? Are there any other cards I can play besides a malpractice suit? ))))))))Brrrrrrrrr((((((((( HELP!