Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so. This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'cancel'.
Found 3 results
Occasional lurker; first time poster here. I have a question that I can't seem to find a proper thread on. Thanks for the help in advance: Here are the facts: I've had a Costco American Express TrueEarnings card since 2006. It has a ridiculously high limit on it that was obtained prior to the crash ($23K), and I use it rarely, though do carry a balance. In years past, my costco membership was always billed to the card automatically in February. For some reason the automatic renewal didn't happen this year, and I did not notice it right away (I wasn't looking for it--it's supposed to be automatic, after all). In fact, the way I found out was slightly odd: in June I realized that my AMEX card was expired, and called AMEX customer service to ask them for a new card; they said they couldn't send me one until I renewed my Costco membership. So, about a week and a half later, I went in to Costco, and renewed my membership; with the people at Costco assuring me that the renewal information would be transmitted to AMEX. That was a month ago. Today, I logged into my AMEX account online. In bright red/orange letters, the page announced that my card had been cancelled. I called AMEX customer service immediately, and asked what was going on. They said that my AMEX card was cancelled because I didn't have an active costco membership. I gave them my current Costco card number, and asked that they reopen my AMEX because, in fact, I did have an active costco membership. Customer service said that it would take seven to ten days for a determination about reactivation to reach me which, given the current set of events, worries the heck out of me. Has anyone dealt with this situation before? If so, how did it turn out? Did AMEX pull a new credit score? Adjust your limit? Charge a monstrous fee? Is there anything I should be doing to help the process along in my favor?
Does anyone know how I can cancel USAA CPM without talking to them? I tried to do it over email and they're not cooperating. Earlier today I sent this to email@example.com: They responded with this: So I just sent this, and I'm sure they'll tell me to bug off again: I really don't want to talk to them. They annoy the crap out of me trying to get me to not cancel and going on and on for 10 minutes...they force me to be rude. I'll never sign up for their service again because I know what I'd have to go through to cancel. Really this is my fault for signing up again Yes, maybe I'm being unreasonably anxious about a simple phone call...but there is also the principle that I signed up without talking to them, they shouldn't force me to go through this discomfort to cancel. It's an offensive ploy.
Hi MarvBear, Apologies for the long post. I am really confused. My wife (Fico 630) and I (Fico 606) are in the process of rebuilding our credit scores, but our car broke down at the worst possible time. No money in the bank for a down payment, and high balances reporting. We went into a Ford dealership and were quoted an Interest rate of 20.65% on a Ford CPO and 16.5% on a comparable Japanese import, both approved by Cap 1. We nearly took the deal, but decided to sleep on it. Based on the lower rate that we saw on the import at the Ford Dealership, we decided to give Nissan a chance. The Nissan salesperson came back with a rate sheet that said the following: Cost: 16652 APR: 9.99% Down: $1000 Monthly PMT: $343 Term: 72 mo. I said that I had zero money to put down, but was elated by the interest rate.She responded with the following: Cost: 16652 APR: 9.99% Down: 0 Monthly PMT: 363 Term: 72 mo. What I didn't realize in my excitement was that these numbers were 9.99% with a $2500 service plan and a $800 GAP insurance tacked on. My wife and I signed the papers, after hours of dealing with a crying toddler in the waiting area and noticed that the paperwork had changed. It now read: Cost: 19985 APR: 9.99% Down: 0 Monthly PMT: 371 Term: 72 mo. I objected and the F&I guy said that if I refused the extras, that NMAC would take me at tier 4, 13.99% If I took the Warranty and GAP, then I would get in at tier 3, 9.99% I signed, thinking that I had no choice. At the dealership exit, the General Manager asked me if everything was alright, and I said yes. Unconvinced, he gave me his card and told me to call if I had any concerns. After arriving at home and fully appreciating what I had signed, I called him and asked if what had transpired was the norm at his dealership. He said that my financing IS NOT contingent on buying the warranty and gap ins. and that he would straighten it out if I wanted to cancel them. He told me to go back in this morning and that they would fix it. I went in this morning and spoke with the Finance director, who I had signed the papers with the night prior. He said that since my approval was a soft approval and because it was Sunday, he would have to resubmit the loan to NMAC. The numbers came back at Tier 4, 14.99%. I told him that I wanted the loan at 9.99% without the warranty and GAP, at the same term and he said that he would have to plead my case tomorrow when NMAC opens. He then printed a provisional contract with the figures that I wanted (without the warranty and gap) and had us sign. He said, "If you don't hear from me tomorrow, you're good". Is this standard practice? Prior to sitting in his office, I had not heard the 13.99 figure, so I'm guessing they made a push for a tier jump in order to get me to buy the extras that I did not want. Final Question: If the F&I guy says that NMAC will only give me a 13.99% rate, may I return the vehicle?