Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so. This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'CapOne'.
Found 3 results
Got this antique Orchard Bank card that got schlepped off on Cap One. At the time I was not thrilled at the prospects of being adopted by Cap One since from what I read online they were worse than HSBC. But Cap One gave me a CLI to $10k so I was happy. Every couple of months I try the LUV button more for the free FICO than anything else. And, expectedly, I always get shot down usually for insufficient use. But I get my FICO, which was my original goal. So two days ago I figure I'll go for another FICO and got the usual "under review" message. The past three months I've used my Cap One card a lot, but still had no expectation of getting a CLI. Today get the message than they increased to $15k. I'm shocked! But no FICO. I'm not sure if it's just because of holiday season or maybe Cap One really does like to see usage. Still, even though $15k is below average, considering it is from Cap One I will take it with gratitude. One thing I noticed that's changed with the LUV button is that now it asks for your usual monthly CC spending. I wonder what effect that has in their decision.
I wanted to post this here instead of in the main forum. Short version: We had a Capital One repo in Feb 2011 that left a $143.00 deficiency chargeoff balance after the vehicle sold at auction. Believe it or not, we were in no shape to even pay $143.00 at the time. Our goal was to keep the other Cap One auto loan we also had (and still have) through them that is nearly paid off and has been current for two years now. Midland took the deficiency and racked up over $1000 in fees. I've emailed Capital One executive offices and asked them to work with me to recall the account so I can pay the $143.00 (on the $30,000 loan) in exchange for a different/better status because I have an existing, good standing, loan with them at present. I'm currently waiting for a written reply, which they emailed to me and said was on the way. My question is should I DV Midland while waiting for the response from Cap One or just sit and wait? Update: I received an email from CapOne that they'd be mailing something to me shortly but noticed today that my *existing* car loan had a credit issued for ALL the late fees (over $600.00 from around the time of the repo on the other loan) the day I after I received that email. This isn't something I asked for necessarily but is a nice bonus, still no change to my reports though. Thoughts?