Jump to content

Why Chat

  • Content Count

  • Joined


Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Location
  • Interests
    quantum theory

Recent Profile Visitors

6,493 profile views
  1. You can also be proactive in preventing OTHER JDBs ( junk debt buyers) from poisoning your reports. https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html And if you want a good FOAD letter here is one that includes a prohibition against phone calls. https://whychat.me/ltrcaval.html
  2. My method still works. A few small changes updating mailing instructions. https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html after opting out and deleting old addresses send each CRA the initial dispute letter listing ALL medical accounts as they appear on the report you are disputing. https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html Come back to THIS POST for further instructions if needed
  3. Centex, the date of service was about 6 years ago. It is VERY unlikely that the doctor's office has any current account records or current business relationship with the CA. Advising the OP to contact the Dr would (IMO) be counterproductive as at best it would resurrect a past SOL account into an active file, and at worst would engender a possible collection lawsuit. Maine has a strict notification process https://whychat.me/States/state-me.html
  4. You need to send out the medical DVsPriority mail with a tracking # .This is essential for any and all correspondence and since you would only be sending letters to a CA if the CRAs did NOT delete the accounts as a result of your initial dispute to them, you would be sending a copy of the medical DV along with PROOF OF RECEIPT to the CRAs with a follow up dispute letter.
  5. I believe you are very safe in sending the medical DV to the reporting CA. UNLESS the accounts are showing on ALL your reports and the medical provider may be a Government facility. Get your MIB report to find out your date of service. If you have applied for ANY life insurance policy or if you have applied for any comprehensive health insurance policy you will have an MIB file. https://www.mib.com/facts_about_mib.html
  6. The date of DOFD is the same date as the date of medical service. DO NOT DV the CA without FIRST going through ALL the initial steps. https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html The first step after opting out and deleting old addresses is to send each CRA the initial dispute listing ALL medical accounts as they appear on the report you are disputing; https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html If this doesn't get the account(s) deleted then you go on to the next step which is the medical DV https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html and THEN send the CRAs the follow up dispute https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE
  7. So, unless someone can convince the court that an open account cannot arise out of a written instrument, the SOL will be 6 years as long as an admissible and applicable written agreement is submitted, and it is shown that the consumer assented to the terms of that agreement. An interesting site that may supply some perspective https://library.nclc.org/shortening-limitations-period-credit-card-collection-lawsuits
  8. Address it to Acclaim Credit Technologies https://www.acclaimcredit.com/contact-us/ The law firm probably has the same address https://www.lemberglaw.com/acclaim-credit-technologies-act-collections-complaints-calls/ Send it priority mail as per the instructions.DO NOT send it registered or certified or anything that requires a signature. ( include a copy of the letter from the law firm) Remember, you will be sending a copy to the CRAs with a follow up dispute https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE since you will be including that account in your initial dispute letter to the CRAs https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html
  9. NO! Only send the initial dispute letter to the CRA(s) on accounts that have NOT been previously disputed. On all others send the reporting CAs the medical DV; https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html and as soon as you have proof of receipt send the CRA(s) the follow up dispute https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE
  10. Follow the guides; https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html https://whychat.me/GUIDE HIPAA PROGRAM.html Send the "lawyer" this https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html The account is over 2 years old and this CA "lawyer" obtained the account from a 3rd party and NOT from the OC (original creditor health care provider) so they are NOT legally allowed to report or collect or sue as they have no HIPAA privacy release. ( the HIPAA release is ONLY transferable to the OC's business associate, ie the original collection service). At the same time you can start to get this deleted from your reports; Send each CRA the initial dispute letter listing ALL medical accounts https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html
  11. Mr. Hall is correct. The current case law in the State of Washington upholds the premise of a 6 year SOL for credit card accounts. HOWEVER, to the best of my knowledge there has NEVER been a case where the 3 year SOL was claimed on the premise of a credit card account being an "OPEN" ended account UNDER WASHINGTON STATUTES. There ARE cases where someone has been sued in Washington State and they have been successful in claiming the 3 year SOL of the credit card Company's resident State.I don't remember whom the OP had a credit card account with, however it is more than likely that THAT Company's credit card agreement requires applying their own State rules to any legal action.
  12. No, use this; https://whychat.me/ltrcraredisp.html follow the instructions for reinsertion
  13. As to the 2 CAs that reappeared-- Are they on any other reports that you have disputed?? Send the 2 CAs the medical DV https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html and as soon as you have proof of receipt send the CRA(s) the follow up dispute https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE Send dispute letters to Ex for all medical accounts https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html If the accounts remaining on Eq have been disputed, send those CAs the medical dv and then send Eq the follow up dispute.
  14. https://whychat.me/answer.html https://whychat.me/nottoca.html Include the following underlined paragraphs for credit card accountsPlease be advised that under the TILA § 15 a credit card account is legally defined as an "open" account. The Act is in Title I of the Consumer Credit Protection Act and is implemented by the Federal Reserve Board via Regulation Z (12 C.F.R. Part 226). The Regulation has effect and force of federal law. Open-end Credit Transactions: Open-end credit includes bank and gas company credit cards, stores' revolving charge accounts, and cash- advance checking accounts. Typical features: Creditors reasonably expect the consumer to make repeated transactions. Creditors may impose finance charges on the unpaid balance. As the consumer pays the outstanding balance, the amount of credit is once again available to the consumer The above instructions were written over 15 years ago waaay before there were any usable credit board forums for legal help. I have not edited them in years and there are possibly some broken links and outdated information
  15. I may be mistaken, but I am not "wrong" There was some arguments in 2009 and prior about whether it was the 3 year open account or 6 year written, case law generally evolved that it is the 6 year written. Went through the same thing in Ohio several years ago. Unless and until someone raises the issue of the TILA stating that credit card accounts are OPEN ENDED accounts and thus should be considered to have a 3 year SOL there will continue to be (except for a few referenced sites) a 6 year SOL cited. https://www.sapling.com/6461856/statute-debt-collection-washington-state https://www.incharge.org/understanding-debt/credit-card/what-is-statute-of-limitations-all-50-states/ The acceptance of a 6 year SOL for credit cards will continue unless and until someone refers to the TILA definition. Federal statutes ( including the TILA) should have preeminence in lawsuits, but only if they are referred to in the case.

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
  • Create New...

Important Information