Long story short, I have been contacted by a CA for an outstanding medical debt I was unaware of. After contacting the OC, seeking a payment arrangement/pay in full, I was rejected and referred to the CA. The 30-day window runs out tomorrow, and I've just sent a package intercept through USPS to stop a certified DV request after finding your intriguing information. As stated before, I AM willing to pay the OC and keep this from affecting my credit, as I am planning on purchasing my first home in 18 months. My questions are: 1: Was the package intercept a good idea? I decided to execute the intercept after noticing that contacting the CA was not included in your HIPAA sequence. Additional information: The debt has not yet been reported to the CRA's... 2: If you recommend contacting them for a DV, can I send an email with a read-receipt, instead? 3: Assuming I acted appropriately with preventing their obtaining the DV request, how should I proceed? Should I wait for the account to be reported to the CRA and then start the process, or...? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!! Thank you for your knowledge, willingness to share it, and dedication to helping others!