Jump to content

Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About astbnboyxx

  • Birthday 09/24/1960

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Recent Profile Visitors

353 profile views
  1. I'm a truck driver and although I think I'm intelligent enough to be able to conduct my credit repair by following the advice of these boards I'm not in a position to be able to write and respond appropriately to any advice put forth here I'm asking if creditboards.com has a credit repair agency that is vetted and approved by creditboards.com? If the answer to that is negative can someone throw me a bone here.
  2. Thank you gentlemen. Honestly I didn’t consider that putting my business and name in this forum as damaging. The point of my post (I think you get it) was there exists a dedicated database that merges the two reports business and personal without the tedious liability of accessing several websites to obtain that information. The reason I said it may become sticky it’s because my business credit is far better than my personal credit and I don’t want to to merging . Thank you guys for your input
  3. Let me first say that I don’t take credit for the article I just basically plagiarized. But was the right thing to do for the school please go visit the authors webpage at https://www.creditinfocenter.com/repair/methodofverification.shtml tried to find information about this here but I guess I suck at search. Everyone, it seems through mass media coverage, knows how to dispute negative credit listings on a credit report. This is a good thing. However, many people are foiled in their credit dispute efforts because of the way the credit bureaus investigate disputes. If you get a notice from a credit bureau telling you the information you disputed has been verified as accurate, you have a right to request verification. According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the credit reporting agency is required to give you method of verification within 15 days of your request. This should be hard evidence that goes all the way back to the original creditor. Will the Method of Verification Help Your Credit Repair Efforts? The credit bureaus are not doing their job as far as performing an investigation. You can call them on this by asking for the method of verification. Most times the CRAs simply deny that they have a responsibility to provide the method of verification. The statute is plenty clear, though, and it's always a good idea to make the request. How to Know If Your Dispute is Being Investigated Properly Each credit reporting agency has a different process for handling credit report disputes, but all three use a similar system. The three bureaus collaborated through their trade organization to automate the entire reinvestigation process using an online computer program, e-Oscar. Both the credit bureaus and information furnishers (for instance a bank or a collection agency who reports an account to the credit bureaus) use this system to investigate disputes. e-OSCAR consists of taking a dispute and "categorizing" the dispute into a two letter code. According to a 2006 FTC report ("Report to Congress on the Fair Credit Reporting Act Dispute Process") there are 26 e-OSCAR codes that can be used as a reason for dispute such as "Not his/hers" and "Claims account closed." All disputes received by the credit bureaus are done either via written letter, the telephone or the credit bureaus online dispute service. Even if the credit bureau receives a written dispute highly detailed and with documentation, each dispute is reduced to one of the 26 two-digit code - the best guess of a minimum wage employee. The credit bureau will try to resolve the dispute internally (as in a case where the supporting documentation can reasonable determines to be verified as authentic. If a dispute cannot be resolved internally, the credit bureaus are required to send the all of the supporting documentation regarding the dispute on to the furnisher of the consumer's account, but all they receive is the two-digit code. Writing a Method of Verification Letter If your credit dispute comes back verified, but with no actual documentation supporting the verification, you can now send them a letter of verification to request this documentation. Challenge the listing thru the normal channels. If verified, with a copy of the investigation result in hand, call the CRA at the toll-free number listed at the top of the report. Give the report reference number and ask for method of verification per FCRA Section 611. They will have never called the original creditor, but will have relied on a third party database to verify, which they may or may not admit to you. If they can't cite solid evidence like "we called the original creditor and they verified," ask for their phone number. Call the original creditor and ask for the records. If the creditor doesn't have them (they will typically tell you that the collection agency has them and they don't keep them), get the person's name and direct line. If they do have them, demand a copy under the new FACTA act. If you are sent records, review them and see how good they are. If they are not conclusive, take the next step. If the original creditor has no records; Call the CRA back and tell them the OC has no records. Inform the CRA that they need to open another dispute. The new information for the dispute is the name and number of the person to whom you have just called at the OC. If they refuse, inform them you will sue for willful non-compliance under section FCRA ß 616. If they still refuse, send the information via certified letter along with an intent to sue letter. If not, they will give you a new confirmation number. This acts as a new investigation, and the CRA has 30 days to get back to you. If you have written records proving the OC can't back up the negative listing(s) they are reporting on your credit report, send them registered mail to the CRA along with an intent to sue letter if the account is not removed. The credit reporting agency should respond to you within 15 days. If not, and you have told them you indent to sue them, at this point it would be wise to contact an attorney to help you proceed with the dispute.
  4. A good while back I signed up with nav to start monitoring my business and personal credit. This is a bad idea and let this serve as a cautionary Tale As everyone knows your business credit is based upon your EIN and has nothing to do with your personal credit correct? Well nav has started sharing your personal credit details and your business credit details with FICO sbss for those of you who have never heard of FICO SPSS it combined your business and your personal credit reports and gives a score based upon that. I say nav is sharing this information not because they have malicious intent but FICO SPSS didn't even know Moonglow Express existed as a separate entity from Keith Williams but now because of nav they were joined it together and this can make things sticky for me later. Do not use nav if you want your business and personal credit to stay separate.

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
  • Create New...

Important Information