First of all, it's been awhile since I've been here, and I was just thinking that I wouldn't be going on this trip with my g/f if it wasn't for the helpful and friendly people here at CreditBoards.com. So thank you for all that you have helped me with. The education I received here has been helpful in so many more ways than just in terms of my credit. Learning to M$ has really helped my social skills when out in public, and on the phone with CSR's. I appreciate ya!
IND-CUN Dec 29
CUN-IND Jan 5
Staying @ Viva Wyndham Azteca in Playa Del Carmen
1) I applied for Global Entry and unfortunately was denied. I had some scuffles with the law awhile back, however, my g/f was approved so hopefully when I fly with her around the U.S I get free PreCheck!
2) Looks like Southwest Airlines operates out of Terminal 4 at CUN, but there is no Amex/'Priority Pass' Lounge there. Is there a way to get to a lounge in a different terminal? Doesn't look like there is...
3) My g/f sat me down and explained that she will have 0 tolerance for leaving the hotel zone. She goes on these Gov't websites and looks at travel advisories or something and supposedly Mexico is dangerous. Not happy about this at all. Are we missing out on much?
4)On the topic of all-inclusive resorts, are they really all-inclusive? I know there are excursions such as horseback riding, and Mayan ruin tours that can cost extra, but the food and liquor, and all that is free?
a) On the website it says that this place really is all inclusive and that all tips are included. Is this true? I don't have to tip the bartender? Also I heard that room service is 24 hours and free?
5) I suppose this depends on the resort, but are there drink servers who will come serve us on the beach?
6) I heard the food is decent, at best, are there local restaurants that you guys would suggest within the hotel zone? I prefer more local type hole in the wall places. Also while I'm in Mexico, I'm trying to eat Mexican food and seafood, not Italian, or Greek.
7) Is there anything I should pack that I wouldn't think of?
9) (skipped to 9 because 8 give me this 😎) I already read online that CUN has no wifi and almost no power outlets.
10) I have all these premium CC's with concierge service, should I be using them for anything?
11) After our arrival to CUN, we plan on taking the (cheaper) ADO bus to Playa. ADO is supposed to have wifi.
12) What should you never get an electrical engineer for his birthday? Shorts