Credit Forum

Credit Reports, Collections, Credit Cards and related discussion

Subforums

1. Credit News

Credit-related news and articles

Advanced credit topics such as high-value credit limits, rewards cards and strategies for maximizing rewards

342,137 topics in this forum

1. Sherman Acq

• 5 replies

• 1 reply
  2. Fed Up with Sears

• 7 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 5 replies
  3. NY Law? 5 Years? Really?

• 18 replies
  4. Removing old addresses

• 10 replies
  5. CRA disputes

• 0 replies
    • 3 replies
  6. TU FICO score

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  7. Hi All

• 15 replies
    • 0 replies
  8. Who is MCDF/CBUSA??

• 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
  9. Post-BK auto options?

• 2 replies
  10. A Joint Discover Card??

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
  11. oc and ca the same

• 1 reply
    • 12 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 7 replies
  12. credit headers

• 3 replies
    • 2 replies
  13. FLA TAN IS BACK!!!!

• 5 replies
    • 2 replies
  14. When do I go prime ?

• 8 replies
  15. American Express new TV commercials

• 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
  16. CZAR OR ANY AMEX FREAKS

• 3 replies
    • 12 replies
  17. Goodwill.....It Works

• 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
  18. New Discover BT Offer

• 4 replies
    • 3 replies
  19. Hello and Question

• 7 replies
  20. New Board

• 1 reply
    • 11 replies
  21. Don't laugh!

• 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

• Our picks

• How very.

https://www.alliantcreditunion.org/bank/visa-signature-card

Hat tip to a quiet but astute member who conveyed the info to me in a PM.
      • 24 replies
    • My wife and I are trying to push our credit score above 760 to make sure we get the best mortgage rates possible. She is currently at 751 and I am at 738. Thankfully we are planning to close on the construction loan in January 2020.

Is myFICO monitoring ($30/month) my best option to keep an eye on our scores so we can achieve our goal?

We will be about $25,000 lighter on our debts at that point from the current estimated balance of about $32,000 (at an overall usage of 26% currently for our credit limits). We are hoping the payoffs, with only one loan to be closed that’s 3 years old, will improve ours scores, but we don’t want to go into closing without “knowing” what our credit scores are.

Thanks for any advice in advance. This is my first post and I couldn’t find relevant answers in the search function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      • 5 replies
    • Good afternoon everyone, 

I am currently trying to help my brother with a Bankruptcy that's being reported on Experian and TransUnion. Equifax in fact did deleted and is no longer reporting it. My brother was going to file for Bankruptcy but in the end he actually didn't. The confirmation of the proposed order was denied. Such documentation was give to him for the record. Document reads "Order Denying Confirmation 

Why is it still reporting? He went ahead and disputed the reporting to all credit bureaus and Equifax did delete it but not Experian or Transunion. Is it possible for a bankruptcy to show even if such never went through? 

What other steps can he take to have it removed? Thanking you all in advance for your input to this matter. 

• 4 replies
    • https://creditcards.usnews.com/articles/does-a-higher-income-mean-a-higher-fico-score
      • 14 replies
    • Hello All,
      I am looking for ways to have these 3 Charge offs deleted from all 3 reports. All are around 3 years old. I have already disputed and they cam back as "verified" Possible PFD? Anyone have luck with these creditors? Thoughts?

DCU, Wells Fargo and Barclays
      • 5 replies
    • You get a FICO08 and FICO09 boost for having an open, paid down installment - your 34 points is typical when it's paid down to <10%. But for FICO, closed installments are worthless (except for age). So you lose that benefit when it's paid off.   Your scores should bounce back quickly; look for a bump at 6 months, another at 12 months, then a gradual increase as you pay down the loan.
    • Submit the dispute and upload any proof you have. Speak with a representative/supervisor to see if they can process it quicker. Did you receive the title yet or any other documents proving the account has been paid in full? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • About 3.5 years ago, I had one car loan reporting that was paid and two others that were paid years before and my score dropped 18 points after the last payment was reported. At that point, I had no active car loans or leases reporting.   It took about 6 months to regain those 18 points.  Interestingly enough...A few years later I had 2 active car leases and cosigned for a friend on their auto lease.  When the 3rd car reported, there was no drop in score even though a new inquiry reported and the 3rd lease reported.  When one of my 2 car leases was reported paid, there was also no drop in score.  I replaced that lease this month with a new car lease and again, no drop in score even with an inquiry and the new lease reporting.  I think the fact that having at least one active car loan or lease going at any one time will keep your score intact but having no loan or lease reporting will drop your score temporarily.  I'm sure the fact that my revolving credit card balances were less than 1% of my available credit also helped. I also believe If you have very few revolving accounts or low credit lines on those revolving accounts, the installment loans will have a bigger impact on your score than if you have many revolving accounts with larger credit lines.
    • E-Oscar cannot be used to update a credit file.   However, they may use it in response to a dispute for dispute resolution.
    • I think it would be “out of range” service and can be covered by Tesla roadside assistance. https://www.tesla.com/support/roadside-assistance

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines