Does Chase check your personal EWS for a business account?

The last post in this topic was posted 1099 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have a Chase liquid card that will hopefully graduate to a regular Total Checking account in the next year....due to a closed Huntington account from a couple years ago.

My question is whether Chase will pull my personal EWS/Chex for a business checking account?

EWS, Chex and FICO are pulled for the primary accountholder(s) for business accounts.

They already pulled it when you applied for Liquid. They have been known to ignore negative information over a certain age.

How old are your negs on EWS and Chex?

Edited by tmcgill

EWS, Chex and FICO are pulled for the primary accountholder(s) for business accounts.

They already pulled it when you applied for Liquid. They have been known to ignore negative information over a certain age.

How old are your negs on EWS and Chex?

Negs are over 2 years old, coming up on 3

Chase has been known to ignore negs over 2-3 years old.

If you are already in with them, I would try the business account.

(Just remember to keep a non-Chex non-EWS backup account and deposit/billpay system)

Edited by tmcgill
  • 8 months later...

Any updates? I'm looking to open a business checking and I read that a esn or your SSN can be use to open an account, is this true? Does anyone have any ecperience with armed forces bank business account? I have their personal checking acct and there great but nearest branch is 1 hour away.

If you are an LLC or INC, Chase has been known to run a combo check (Chex, EWS) on the company, plus verify the primary accountholder's identity.

For a sole proprietor, they run a combo on the primary's SSN.

I'll bump this for any armed forces business banking replies.

• 3 weeks later...

You should always use your correct SSN or the business EIN, depending on what they ask for. The 000-00-0000 is their internal coding, and not a substitute for the actual numbers. To comply with Patriot Act requirements, they verify the primary accountholder's identity with a soft pull from one of the CRAs. Some banks will ignore negative Chex and EWS info after a certain age. There is no standard policy, it depends on the financial institution. However, I always advise a backup plan if you are on Chex or EWS.

Edited by tmcgill
  • 2 months later...

The 000-00-0000 is their internal record keeping, and should not be interpreted as a way to enter your SSN or EIN on an application for an account.

I'll call several branches and verify their approval process for business accounts. I've had varying responses about what they check now.

I'll post back with the responses and branch locations.

Edited by tmcgill
On 7/17/2018 at 11:08 PM, quietbookkeeper said:

I can confirm both chase and bank of the west will not run signers through chex or ews on “corporate accounts” and it is IRRELEVANT to them. I have also had my social entered into the system at 000-00-0000

So I would put 0's for social when applying for business account? I would love to have a chase checking account.

I've checked with four branches, and each one said they run Chexsytems and EWS on the company if you are an INC, LLP or LLC. For sole proprietors it is run on the owner.

Edited by tmcgill

The last post in this topic was posted 1099 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.