Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

A Tale of Two Credit Cards

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 Lanell

Lanell
  • Newbies
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

I have a credit card that I have had for over three years, and paid it on time every time except once , but
all the other times it was paid early. But the one time about a year ago I mailed my payment off, now this
was during Christmas time but I mailed it eight days early. But they sat that it was two days late and now
my interest rate went from 12% to 29.99% because they said I defaulted by two days . They will not
lower my interest rate. And now that the interest rate is so high I am only able to pay amount owed and
about 30.00 extra with that. And I guess thats not enough because a couple of times they said I went
over my credit limit,because of all the interest and fees . I only owe them $4554.00

How can I get them to please lower my interest rate. I am a single mother of thee and I really need to
get rid of this bill. I need help . Please help me !

Thank s so much for you help.

Tammy
bullo6@aol.com

#27 Deevan

Deevan
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:59 AM

Congrats! Hope to be in that boat in 4-5 months!

#28 rickyrljr

rickyrljr
  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:16 AM

I have a credit card that I have had for over three years, and paid it on time every time except once , but
all the other times it was paid early. But the one time about a year ago I mailed my payment off, now this
was during Christmas time but I mailed it eight days early. But they sat that it was two days late and now
my interest rate went from 12% to 29.99% because they said I defaulted by two days . They will not
lower my interest rate. And now that the interest rate is so high I am only able to pay amount owed and
about 30.00 extra with that. And I guess thats not enough because a couple of times they said I went
over my credit limit,because of all the interest and fees . I only owe them $4554.00

How can I get them to please lower my interest rate. I am a single mother of thee and I really need to

Tammy
bullo6@aol.com

Lanell,

Apply for this credit card at UFCU. They go by your credit score and your report shouldn't reflect any lates from that Chase account as long as you weren't 30 days.

UFCU's Great Rate VISA®
(effective 8/30/2004)Excellent Good Average Fair /
No Score Marginal Poor
6.90% 9.90% 11.90% 15.90% 17.90% 17.90%

WWW.UFCU.ORG

Actually, call them over the phone and apply. Tell them you are interested in balance transferring so they know you want a high limit as well.

-Rick

#29 Missy79

Missy79
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:33 PM

Maybe if you call and threaten to cancel the account they will lower your interest rate.

Melissa

Tammy
bullo6@aol.com

#30 fred333

fred333
  • Newbies
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:38 PM

Congrats on the success.

#31 Circus

Circus
  • Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:46 PM

Maybe if you call and threaten to cancel the account they will lower your interest rate.

Melissa
>>>>>

Doubtful. I went through a similar situation with HSBC and they took the position that I was free to cancel my account as soon as my balance was $0, but until then I would be paying the 30% interest they were charging.

And what made it worse was that my interest rate went from 20%-30% overnight and when I called to find out why HSBC informed me that I had been late on a payment. I pointed out that it had been more than two years since I was late on any payment with them or any other creditor and I was told "Yes, but you were late so you're a credit risk."

#32 Beachfamily

Beachfamily
  • Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:43 PM

Congrats !

Especially on your new home.

#33 drew3918

drew3918
  • Members
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:48 PM

Congrats on the new home

#34 jkdprint

jkdprint
  • Newbies
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

CONGRATS!!! MY WAR BEGINS THIS YEAR!!!

#35 thankyou4help

thankyou4help
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:25 AM

Here's my need for help.

I talked with the CC and they agree to reduce my debt and settle for an amount. I agree to pay and gave them my bank info and the debt was supposedly settled. I suddenly found out that they applied the amount to one of the two accounts I had with Bank of America. They did not apply to the one I wanted, they applied it to the lowest interest account and not the high interest account I was discussing with them. I told them my problem and they told me I could settle for x amount on the higher limit account. I said I would like to speak to the manager to see if I could work out a payment plan. They said he would call me back, he never did. Every time I called the customer service they said it couldn't be done, and one fired a email off telling the one that gave me a settlement on the first card that they couldn't do that as the account was going to be sent to collections. I called so many different people and never could get back to my settlement negotiations. Now I just received a letter from a collection agency. I want to settle my account but how now? This settlement talk was all over the phone with the bank of America and how can I prove they offered me a settlement on one card but not the other. I was told that they would settle on both, but I am now being in a collection fight.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.