Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

A fairytale, once upon a time..........

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 shaz

shaz
  • Newbies
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

Wow, I'm inspired. I really need to get more active in this thing. I am still pretty clueless. Hey, can you answer a few questions for me? I checked two of my reports and I don't see an old store credit card I maxed out when I was a freshman in college in '91. I never even made a payment! I wanted to contact them and pay it off but it doesn't show. I'm afraid that if I contact them and inquire about it my credit will be ruined. Is it because of the SOL? Is it gone and forgotten or will it pop up some day when I try to buy a house? What should I do?

Sorry for not making this a new topic but that feature is not available to me.

Edited by shaz, 15 May 2005 - 07:42 PM.

#27 recruiting

recruiting
  • Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:09 AM

Thanks for reading my on going story!

As for that card, I would leave it alone. BUT, if it does ever pop up THEY will be S*it Out of Luck (SOL) on collecting it! It's old as the hills, I would not loooooose any sleep over it thats for sure..

#28 shaz

shaz
  • Newbies
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 06:53 AM

Hey thanx for the reply.

Here is my story if your interested.

In the summer of 2003 I decided to go back to school and finish my degree. Since then I've been going mostly part-time as I was not eligible for financial aid. As I got down to my last few credits and could see the end in site, I decided to try for Law School. The thing was, I knew no one was going to cosign for me. I was on my own and with my credit the way it was, I was stuck. I bet my score was in the 500s or worse. Heck, I had just read that I probably would not be fit to sit for the bar with bad credit.

About 18 months ago I had two student loans in default, two cards maxed ($500.00 and $150) and forgotten from about 10 years+ ago, and a slew of little things like a final payment on an ab roller and never returned blockbuster movies (stolen).

The only good thing was that my credit was so bad that I was unable to &*^% it up any worse. At this point a collection agency was hounding my relatives and my boss trying to find me. Wanting to desperately try and clean up my credit or atleast get myself loan eligible, I bit the bullet and called the collection agency. I set up a payment/rehab plan.

I swear, w/in a week a second collection agency called me about my other student loan. I knew I was going to have to bite the bullet hard now! I set another payment/rehab for my remaining student loan debt.

Fast-forward 18 months, the rehabs are done and my other debts are SOL. My credit scores as of 1 week ago are:

trans 709
eqifax 734
exper 696

All my reports say 0 for baddies. The only thing I have is three inquiries from the last two years. I just got approved for a credit card w/ a $1000.00 limit. I am expecting to see my score go up even higher with this credit approval.

This credit thing is amazing.

My bad credit has worked to my advantage! My brother who has never had a problem with credit has 100,000 in student loan debt and I am going to graduate with less than 20! Hell in a year I'll probably have 20,000 in credit!

This is really insane and I just had to tell someone! My credit was so bad that it went from one extreme to the other. WOW!

#29 shaz

shaz
  • Newbies
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:20 AM

UPDATE!
As of today I now have 2 VISAs and a Target store card. Total credit $4000. I just checked my experian and...(drum roll please)...746!

Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

shaz

#30 recruiting

recruiting
  • Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:47 AM

Not too shabby at all, CONGRATZ! Keep going!! :grin:

#31 Carol-SD

Carol-SD
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 02:14 PM

Recruiting,

Have you gotten you last BK off yet?

#32 recruiting

recruiting
  • Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:28 AM

To answer the question posted above YESI had not checked my reports for a few months, took a peek at them a few days ago and they are finally ALL GONE! EVERYTHING

ANOTHER WONDERFUL THING IS AFNI IS ALSO GONE, I AM 110% CLEAN I HAVE BEEN SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE CREDIT BOARDS AND IT'S MEMBERS!!!

HEY PAV, GLAD I COULD HELP YOU WITH USAAAAAAA and for me, THAT ALL SHE WROTE!!!

:clapping: :clapping: WOOT!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

#33 avery

avery
  • Newbies
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:28 PM

Recruiting,

I am a new member and cannot PM as yet. Can you please tell me HOW you got the BK7 off your reports. I have a BK7 discharged in 5/99, and need help.

Thanks.

BTW, if you think YOUR auto loan was "loan shark/hit man," check out the interest rate I got stuck with . . . 23.99% (ouch!)

Edited by avery, 25 August 2005 - 12:31 PM.

#34 recruiting

recruiting
  • Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 02:21 AM

Sorry It took so long for my reply (I have no excuse! SUMMER????) Anyway, all I did was dispute, dispute and dispute again. (NOT MINE NOT MINE NOT MINE) One fine day I looked and BAM! they were falling off!

NOTE: There was a 6 month stretch when I did not dispute the BK's but then on the next round they started to fall off, one by one.

Not magic just determination!

WOW the the car loan you have has me beat! REFI if you can...

Thanks for reading and GREAT LUCK TO YA!!

#35 A+Credit2005

A+Credit2005
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

Your hard work paid off! Congrats!

#36 recruiting

recruiting
  • Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:27 AM

And it continues to pay off, Woot!!!

Thank you for reading!!

#37 FLT005

FLT005
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:28 PM

Recruiting,

Thank you for sharing your sweet success story. I too am in the military (Air Force) with an Government overpayment of $1234 reporting on all three credit reports. To which is was the gov's fault for the overpayment. If you do't mind can you school me on how you got the overpayments removed from your credit reports?

TIA
Kim

#38 recruiting

recruiting
  • Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:41 AM

I will PM ya!!! Thx for reading!! AIM HIGH!!!

#39 ALL72569

ALL72569
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

I will PM ya!!! Thx for reading!! AIM HIGH!!!

Hi ,
I used Lexington Law Firm for a year and they did help me remove several collections.I stopped using them a year ago.I have a paid judgement from 6/99 and I was wondering if you think I should dispute it.Or will it come off because the Sol is about to be satisfied.?

#40 jeftam3

jeftam3
  • Newbies
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:37 AM

Outstanding job!!!!!! I hope to be where you are at in a year time. <_<

#41 preezie

preezie
  • Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:32 AM

Thanks for the inspiration. I joined here in 2004 right before my discharge. I wasn't active again until December 2005 due to being out of work and I just let my credit go, once again. But I am so inspired now. I just returned to work and for the past 2 months I have been writing like crazy and was beginning to get burnt out by the creditors, CRAs, collection agencies, etc. But I am on fire again. This is such an inspiration!

Preezie

#42 xfazer

xfazer
  • Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:53 PM

Sorry It took so long for my reply (I have no excuse! SUMMER????) Anyway, all I did was dispute, dispute and dispute again. (NOT MINE NOT MINE NOT MINE) One fine day I looked and BAM! they were falling off!

CONGRATS!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

How did you continue disputing? I thought you can't or shouldn't dispute more than 2 or 3 times with a CRA? Also, did you continue this as online disputes, or only handwrite? About to redispute some CA for the 3rd time. But only for CA don't have a BK listed anymore!

Edited by xfazer, 10 March 2006 - 11:55 PM.

#43 recruiting

recruiting
  • Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:32 PM

I am happy for you! That is what happened to me. Until I saw some of the OLD ONES falling off I was no a happy camper, but then!

Today JUNE 13 2006, I am well into the 700's and loving my second chance at life!

Congrats!

#44 recruiting

recruiting
  • Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:43 PM

How did you continue disputing? I thought you can't or shouldn't dispute more than 2 or 3 times with a CRA? Also, did you continue this as online disputes, or only handwrite? About to redispute some CA for the 3rd time. But only for CA don't have a BK listed anymore!

Well my friend you thought wrong (thank god!) Some disputes will take longer than others, but they all eventually made the fall from grace including my Chapter 7. I would give each dispute that does not come off a two month waiting period before you hit them again, other wise you "may" get the already investigated or friviolus response. Personally, if a CA failed at Validation, I would keep slamming them every month!

Don't handwrite anything, type'em! Send them certified RRR! IT IS EVIDENCE THAT THE CA FAILED TO RESPOND OR VALIDATE YOUR REQUEST!!

Good Luck!

#45 loanbroker32

loanbroker32
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:59 PM

I read your story and i have to say that I am inspired again to fix my credit. My story is long.

I tried years back to fix my credit, after my marriage ended we both filed a BK7, it's been discharged for 5 years, I have been reading on the boards and in the past I have disputed most of what is on my credit report with some success, but I did it online. Two years ago I hired a credit repair company (too busy to try myself to fix my reports myself) they cracked me over the head for 1k and didn't improve my scores at all, they managed to get one of my Bk's off of my report, but failed to get the CC's that were in the BK updated, so up until this past year, those CC's I kept disputing that they were included in a BK, but since I dind't have one on file anymore, they continued to report as charge off's :good: My last try with them I disputed not mine and they finally updated them to included in BK, I thought they would get deleted. I need help, that's for sure, thats why I have joined the CB'S, i have been reading thinking that my eyes were going to fall out from over use.

now!

My question is, I have some accounts that I want off of my report, they were the accounts that were in my BK, what's the best way for me to tackle them?, they are old, some 3 years some as old as 5, they all say included in Bankruptcy. What is the best way for me attack the CRA's to get them removed? Any info would be great. Thank you.

Michelle

#46 recruiting

recruiting
  • Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:46 PM

I read your story and i have to say that I am inspired again to fix my credit. My story is long.

I tried years back to fix my credit, after my marriage ended we both filed a BK7, it's been discharged for 5 years, I have been reading on the boards and in the past I have disputed most of what is on my credit report with some success, but I did it online. Two years ago I hired a credit repair company (too busy to try myself to fix my reports myself) they cracked me over the head for 1k and didn't improve my scores at all, they managed to get one of my Bk's off of my report, but failed to get the CC's that were in the BK updated, so up until this past year, those CC's I kept disputing that they were included in a BK, but since I didn't have one on file anymore, they continued to report as charge off's ;) My last try with them I disputed not mine and they finally updated them to included in BK, I thought they would get deleted. I need help, that's for sure, thats why I have joined the CB'S, i have been reading thinking that my eyes were going to fall out from over use.

now!

My question is, I have some accounts that I want off of my report, they were the accounts that were in my BK, what's the best way for me to tackle them?, they are old, some 3 years some as old as 5, they all say included in Bankruptcy. What is the best way for me attack the CRA's to get them removed? Any info would be great. Thank you.

Michelle

I really need to subscribe to this thread as I never get notified when someone writes to me!! :P

Well, what I did was work on the BK's first. When I managed to get it removed from one CR I disputed as not mine.

This took quite a while to do and after several tries they all fell off but one FILENE'S DEPARTMENT STORE. That took a bit longer but it came crashing down too.

Having good credit again is so worth the time it takes to get the bad stuff off. I can go buy almost anything I wish, I DON'T, but it's nice to have the option.

There was so much old and incorrect info on my CR that I really had no choice but to fix it. Some NEG accounts were so old that my score was much lower than it should have been at that point in my life.

I did not do any pay for deletes as i felt that practice would confirming their position. Also, I did no "so called" mandatory arbitration.

I am at the point now that I am closing credit cards that (BOTH CHASE CARDS) that try to jack my rates for no reason. My scores are well in the 700s and they want to raise my rates to 20+% that's BS! HOWEVER I MAKE SURE I HAVE A GOOD CARD TO REPLACE IT FIRST :) Don't want the revolving credit ratio getting messed up again.

Good luck in your quest, stay the course, you will fine the pot of credit gold at the end of the journey!

:)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.