Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

OMG OMG - I GOT A CITI BUSINESS CARD!!!

• Please log in to reply
667 replies to this topic

#651 KYBOSH

KYBOSH
  • Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

I got approved for a CitiBusiness card today.

$6000 CL.

They pull my personal EQ which is clean and almost with only 4 INQs.

I dont know what's on my DnB or EQ Business file. (I need to get on that)
I think I was approved on the strength of my personal CR alone though.
No request for financials or anything.

I asked the rep if this card will report on my personal CR on a monthly and he said all of their cards do.
I have to read up on this thread about that.
Overall I'm pleased. I think once your business has its first or second birthday you get credit a lot easier.
Having a clean personal report helps for sure.

I have never applied for a business CC so I'm 1 for 1. At first I tried to get the starter credit train going but after Quill told me I had to repay I just focused on ensuring my business made money. Seems I have a little patience, good fortune and CB to thank for this approval.

On a side note, I allow applied for a personal Platinum MC and was denied for too many recent INQs.
I sent the a recon letter letting them know that the 'one too many' inquiry was for their own business card and they should take another look. The email came at 3am so I am sure no one looked at it (computer generated decline).

Good Luck

#652 abaliyah

abaliyah
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:40 AM

did you have your business thing together? like d&b address fone etc.. also if you dont mind me asking what was ur eq score?

#653 woowoo

woowoo
  • Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

Congrats!!

But Is the point of getting Biz Credit not to use your personal credit, and it taking hits from credit bureaus.

So based on your personal credit, did you have to PG?

Seems like you may have jumped the gun, your EQ will report to Equifax personal credit file rather than a biz credit file. From what I read on here, you dont want to mix personal and biz file.

#654 KYBOSH

KYBOSH
  • Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

did you have your business thing together? like d&b address fone etc.. also if you dont mind me asking what was ur eq score?

Yes, I've had my business things together from the very beginning. Registered with SoS, phone (google voice) registered with 411, business license and all that.

Congrats!!

But Is the point of getting Biz Credit not to use your personal credit, and it taking hits from credit bureaus.

Seems like you may have jumped the gun, your EQ will report to Equifax personal credit file rather than a biz credit file. From what I read on here, you dont want to mix personal and biz file.

They needed to pull my personal EQ because my company was probably too new or had no real credit file.
I am not sure where you are getting your info but the good thing about Citi is they don't report business accounts or balances on your personal account.
Lastly, inquiries on EQ disappear rather easily.

#655 tadrossi

tadrossi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hi just wondering which Citibiz card you applied for and what your personal was at the time. Was considering several Citi bus cards and wondered.

#656 KYBOSH

KYBOSH
  • Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

I got the AT&T Universal Card.
It was the only one without an AF plus they had a 6 month no interest promo going on.

#657 Michold

Michold
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

I got the AT&T Universal Card.
It was the only one without an AF plus they had a 6 month no interest promo going on.

I have like $350 on my duns report and like two tradeline on Experian biz . I also have a Exon Shell Gas card and that has NOT reported yet. Now I did apply to citibiz (do not ask me why I jumped the gun) and I got rejected. Now the rep told me that they FIRST run the personal credit and if it matches there minimum criterion ONLY than do they run the biz credit. I found that strange cause I always thought the biz credit was the main thing and that is what they would first run. I happen to have a judgment that is already cleared on two beurues EXCEPT Experian and THAT is the report they claimed to pull.

Of course the rep might not know what the hell he was talking about - I have seen that also. Anyway so is there such a thing as no PG anymore ?

#658 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 46,794 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

Citi got burned right bad by small businesses. I think they're being careful now.

#659 Michold

Michold
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

Citi got burned right bad by small businesses. I think they're being careful now.

I really do not see this getting any better. I am one of those that think that the economy will not bounce back for another 5 years. In that case ....there is NO Biz credit without PG anymore. That is depressing ! hope someone has a success story that they are willing to share.

#660 Nobarber

Nobarber
  • Newbies
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

Yes, I've had my business things together from the very beginning. Registered with SoS, phone (google voice) registered with 411, business license and all that.

Congrats!!

They needed to pull my personal EQ because my company was probably too new or had no real credit file.
I am not sure where you are getting your info but the good thing about Citi is they don't report business accounts or balances on your personal account.
Lastly, inquiries on EQ disappear rather easily.

Is there any reason you chose 411 to register your business?

#661 KYBOSH

KYBOSH
  • Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

Is there any reason you chose 411 to register your business?

I used some free online 411 type service to register my number but I cant remember which it was.
Within a week or so my number was pulling up on Caller ID and search engines.
I think as a new business you need to have a phone number that pulls up as yours when others check.
I only needed it once or twice though. Once I was a established (i.e. older than 6 months) the phone number issue never came up again.

Good Luck

Edited by KYBOSH, 05 July 2011 - 10:43 PM.

#662 puppies44

puppies44
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

do Citi biz cards currently report your balances to your personal credit report even if you've never been late paying?

#663 alplouis

alplouis
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

I got approved for a CitiBusiness card today.

$6000 CL.

They pull my personal EQ which is clean and almost with only 4 INQs.

I dont know what's on my DnB or EQ Business file. (I need to get on that)
I think I was approved on the strength of my personal CR alone though.
No request for financials or anything.

I asked the rep if this card will report on my personal CR on a monthly and he said all of their cards do.
I have to read up on this thread about that.
Overall I'm pleased. I think once your business has its first or second birthday you get credit a lot easier.
Having a clean personal report helps for sure.

I have never applied for a business CC so I'm 1 for 1. At first I tried to get the starter credit train going but after Quill told me I had to repay I just focused on ensuring my business made money. Seems I have a little patience, good fortune and CB to thank for this approval.

On a side note, I allow applied for a personal Platinum MC and was denied for too many recent INQs.
I sent the a recon letter letting them know that the 'one too many' inquiry was for their own business card and they should take another look. The email came at 3am so I am sure no one looked at it (computer generated decline).

Good Luck

Congrats on getting your first Biz credit card. Your approval was obviously based on your Personal credit. As some may know, it is difficult getting Biz credit cards with no PG. The game has changed. I just recently got denied for a Citi Business credit card. They pulled my Equifax file. I only have have 1 positive account and 1 paid collection account. Not enough activity.

#664 GFT

GFT
  • Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

I applied for a CitiBusiness card, and was declined due to "Duplicate Credit Applications submitted". I applied for a Staples and Office Depot in the same few days. They did not pull an personal bureaus, so not a total loss.

I want a business credit card (VISA/MC) and if I can get it without PG, that would be awesome. I tried Chase Ink and got declined due to balances in my perosnal CR (EX).

Chase, IMHO, is not very "friendly" to small biz unless you have big $$ in the bank.

#665 alplouis

alplouis
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

Most lenders, Citi, Chas, BofA will approve you for a business credit card if you have strong personal credit file. PG is the way to go if you want quick funding.

#666 fxdm70

fxdm70
  • Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

do Citi biz cards currently report your balances to your personal credit report even if you've never been late paying?

I have 2 citi BiZ accounts. Opened them both in 2007. They never reported to my business or my personal credit reports. I have CIT BIZ and CIti World - one of them was called something else and they changed the name and the cards.

I am maxed at 20K each and citi tells me that 20K is as high as they will go on these cards. Not sure if I believe it.

I agree with another poster. Very hard to get credit without a PG. Sure you can get quill, staples, and all that -but safe to say alot of people are looking for MC/VISA. I finally gave up and PG'd it all.. But again to answer your question - they do not report. At least not for me. I am sure if i missed one payment it would show up everywhere :)

#667 alplouis

alplouis
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

I have 2 citi BiZ accounts. Opened them both in 2007. They never reported to my business or my personal credit reports. I have CIT BIZ and CIti World - one of them was called something else and they changed the name and the cards.

I am maxed at 20K each and citi tells me that 20K is as high as they will go on these cards. Not sure if I believe it.

I agree with another poster. Very hard to get credit without a PG. Sure you can get quill, staples, and all that -but safe to say alot of people are looking for MC/VISA. I finally gave up and PG'd it all.. But again to answer your question - they do not report. At least not for me. I am sure if i missed one payment it would show up everywhere :)

I find it to be a little strange that your Cit accounts activities are not being reported to the business credit bureaus. Yes, it is hard to get business credit with out PG NOW A DAYS BUT IT'S STILL POSSIBLE. It's all based on your relationship with your personal banker. Your business credit files needs to be stacked and complete with strong financials.

#668 KYBOSH

KYBOSH
  • Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Just wanted to remind everyone with a Citi card to hit the luv button every 6 months.

I did it once about 1 year ago and got an automatic $2.5k increase.
A CS rep once told me you can hit the luv button once every 6 months to get an increase without being grilled deeper by undewriting.
I totally forgot about that until today.

I just got another $2k. The exact amount of your increase should vary.
They ask you if you want to accept, decline or speak to a rep about the increase.
Not a hard pull but a larger request may result in one.
I think that's the point where you make your case for more if you want it.

Good Luck

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.