Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

OMG OMG - I GOT A CITI BUSINESS CARD!!!

• Please log in to reply
667 replies to this topic

#1 jenyphur

jenyphur
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:53 PM

Ok, today going through my mail...I see something addressed to my business but at my home address. I had NOOOOO idea what it was. I was SHOCKED to find a CITI Business Mastercard with a 4000 CL!!!!

Whooohoooo!

I remember applying about 2 weeks ago, but got the standard message. I thought I was denied.

I can hardly believe this.

I don't even think they pulled my personal credit. I'll have to go look and see.

Holy cow people! You have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea how good I'm feeling right now.

Must be my reward for settling my personal Discover card c/o and paying them in full. :) Good

Karma or whatever.

I'm shocked, shocked, shocked.

#2 jenyphur

jenyphur
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

Ok, this is too weird. I just looked at my PG report from today. I do not see an inquiry from Citi at all ....anywhere. What's up with that? Are they under some other weird name or something?

I just called and activated my card and all went fine.

Hmmmm....I wonder what's up.

#3 rigirl

rigirl
  • Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:40 PM

Jenyphur!!!Im so happy for you!! What biz card is it? Give us the details? Did you get an invitation to apply or preapproval? What are your ficos? Did they pull a soft? Congrats!!

#4 jenyphur

jenyphur
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:52 PM

Ok, here is what I know.

I applied online without an approval. I went to citibusinesscreditcards.com and I applied for the CitiBusiness Card. It was the one that said it was for small businesses.

I think it was early last week that I applied.

I looked on PrivacyGuard and I do not see their inquiry anywhere on there.
I pulled my EQ and there is no soft on there either.

Where can I find my softs for EX and TU? I don't think I can see those in PG.

Anyways, my FICO last time I checked are:

EQ: 598
EX: 570
TU: 628

Weird, eh?

#5 Pavlov

Pavlov
  • Members
  • 8,001 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:58 PM

I looked on PrivacyGuard and I do not see their inquiry anywhere on there.
I pulled my EQ and there is no soft on there either. 

Where can I find my softs for EX and TU?  I don't think I can see those in PG.

CONGRATS! I can only see my softs on EQ and TU when I receive the hard copy reports in the US Mail. If they appear on PG I certainly have not found them. George knows PG pretty well, maybe he will answer.......

#6 rigirl

rigirl
  • Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:10 PM

Do you have any collections or baddies on your report? I think Im going to apply DH for the card. Is your paydex 80?

#7 KevPochop

KevPochop
  • Members
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 01:48 AM

Citi pulled my credit bureau report under CBUSA/CBSD.

#8 jenyphur

jenyphur
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, I still have some baddies. My Discover card still shows as an unpaid charge off of about $6k. I did pay it last week but they just don't know it yet. They all show some small collection accounts, about 4 < $100.

My EX report still shows some public records also.

Yes, I have a paydex of 80. My EX business report show 9 tradelines. :cry2:

#9 ceowens

ceowens
  • Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:15 AM

:clapping:

OK, NOT trying to be rude here, but.....there is no way they pulled your personal credit and gave you a card with those FICOS. (And I mean that in the most loving way... :clapping: ). NOw...your approval answers a few questions for me as well.......

Remember back in December I applied for Citi Biz AND Citi personal hoping I would get lucky and they would pull TU? At the time TU was at 697. Well, I got 2 INQS.....one to EQ and one to EXP. I "assumed" one was the personal and one was the biz, but the inqs showed under the same name. Of course, I was DENIED (for the personal card) because my FICOS for EQ were at like 620 at the time.

Later I got a Citibiz card in the mail with a 20K CL! :o So, now you've got me wondering if both the inqs were for the personal card....and they didn't pull personal for the biz at all????? I guess that could be possible?? What about your soft inqs?? Is it possible they pulled a soft???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... strange, strange things going on here.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

#10 Koda33

Koda33
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:34 AM

OK, NOT trying to be rude here, but.....there is no way they pulled your personal credit and gave you a card with those FICOS

Actually, last Monday (the 7th), I was approved for a Citi Platinum Aadvantage card, and my FICO on EQ (what they pulled for me) was at 595 (no derogs, though..don't know if that mattered in the decision). I got the card this last Monday, and it's working just fine (CL of $2,800). So, it is possible :clapping:

Congrats, jenyphur! I applied for the Citi Business card, too. Haven't heard from them yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

#11 stillinthegame

stillinthegame
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:40 AM

CONGRATS!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I like opening mail like that. :)

P.S. Enjoy the 'hidden' debt. :D

#12 jenyphur

jenyphur
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:45 AM

:clapping:

OK, NOT trying to be rude here, but.....there is no way they pulled your personal credit and gave you a card with those FICOS.  (And I mean that in the most loving way... :clapping: ).  NOw...your approval answers a few questions for me as well.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I completely agree with you! My scores are still pretty bad...getting better but still a LOT of work left. I was lucky to get a Target and Walmart for $200 and $75 CL respectively. LOL

I have looked all over the reports and I can not see that they even PULLED an inquiry.

Ok...we need another guinee pig. Someone that has a Paydex of at least 80 and at least 5 tradelines reporting on Experian. I have a feeling they pull D&B and Experian Business and if those are both looking good, they don't bother with a personal pull. :clapping:

#13 jenyphur

jenyphur
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:46 AM

rigirl...you up for it? :clapping:

What is your PayDex and Experian scores?

#14 jenyphur

jenyphur
  • Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:52 AM

OK, NOT trying to be rude here, but.....there is no way they pulled your personal credit and gave you a card with those FICOS

Actually, last Monday (the 7th), I was approved for a Citi Platinum Aadvantage card, and my FICO on EQ (what they pulled for me) was at 595 (no derogs, though..don't know if that mattered in the decision). I got the card this last Monday, and it's working just fine (CL of $2,800). So, it is possible :clapping:

Congrats, jenyphur! I applied for the Citi Business card, too. Haven't heard from them yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmmm...this is just sooo strange. When did you apply for the Citi Business? Let us know the results. Inquiring minds want to know. :clapping:

It's POSSIBLE I guess that they pulled a soft on TU but even that score is not that high...628.

All I know is that I think it's all my good karma coming back at me. I just cashed in my little IRA (all that I had left after my nasty divorce) to pay off my Discover charge off as part of my settlement. Just yesterday on my drive home I was thinking to myself how I have NOOOOO extra funds now in case of emergency, I was very down about it. Then ...I get the mail and WHAM. $4k. NOt a huge amount, but this will be perfect in case of an emergency. :clapping:

#15 Koda33

Koda33
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:07 AM

I applied for the business card two days after the personal one (so that'd be the 9th). Haven't heard from them yet, but am keeping my fingers crossed.

I have no clue what their criteria are anymore. I really wasn't expecting the personal card to get approved, but when it showed up bright and shiny and new in my mailbox day before last, I about had a coronary haha

Oh, and jen..I definitely know what you mean about not having money for emergencies. I'm in the same boat, but the few approvals I've gotten lately definitely help! :clapping:

I'll keep you posted once I get a yes or no on the business card!

#16 MNM

MNM
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:06 AM

I was curious about this so I called Citibank Business Credit Services was transfered around a bit until I spoke to someone who actually knew what they were talking about. They verified that they DO check personal credit scores along with D&B when approving these accounts. The bureau will vary depending on what state you live in I believe. I can't do this - I can't afford any new inq's on my personal credit for awhile :lol:.

#17 gigalot

gigalot
  • Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:06 AM

Jenyphur, congratulations! This is absolutely fantastic.

You said you have a paydex of 80. How long have you had the paydex? How long have you been in business? Are you inc, llc, or sole prop?

Thanks for answering all these questions.

#18 rigirl

rigirl
  • Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:08 AM

rigirl...you up for it?  :lol:

What is your PayDex and Experian scores?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ALright I did it, I applied DH for the Citi AA and I applied for the Citi biz card. God I hope they dont pull my personal credit. I have 4 on EXP and 4 on DNB and 80Paydex and 74 on EXP. What do you think the chances are? I think the only thing that will hurt me is Im not incorportated. I going to do it this soon but Im not now. You know what I noticed is on both applications you didnt sign a PG, you have to click to agree to the terms but it didnt say anything they usually do about a garantee.

#19 MNM

MNM
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:15 AM

Under terms and conditions which you must agree to submit application:

...By submitting this Application, I request on behalf of myself and the Business that Citibank USA, N.A. (Citibank) establish a CitiBusiness® Card account ("Account") and issue a CitiBusiness® Card ("Card") accessing such Account, to me and any additional Cardholders I designate. I understand that all information provided in this application must be verifiable and accurate. Both the Business and I shall be liable individually and jointly for all charges and balances on the Account. The Account established and Cards issued hereunder shall be used for business purposes and shall be governed by the Card Agreement provided when the Card is issued, and as it may be amended from time to time...

That unfortunately is a personal guarantee.

#20 rigirl

rigirl
  • Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:20 AM

Under terms and conditions which you must agree to submit application:

...By submitting this Application, I request on behalf of myself and the Business that Citibank USA, N.A. (Citibank) establish a CitiBusiness® Card account ("Account") and issue a CitiBusiness® Card ("Card") accessing such Account, to me and any additional Cardholders I designate. I understand that all information provided in this application must be verifiable and accurate. Both the Business and I shall be liable individually and jointly for all charges and balances on the Account. The Account established and Cards issued hereunder shall be used for business purposes and shall be governed by the Card Agreement provided when the Card is issued, and as it may be amended from time to time...

That unfortunately is a personal guarantee.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I read that part but on the PG part of most other Citi apps it is seperated and clearly says Personal Garantee. Im sure they are CYA in the terms and conditions. I was just making an observation that the PG is not set aside and spelled out as a PG like in other applications that I have filled out. We'll see what happens.

#21 MNM

MNM
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:24 AM

Yeah - well good luck :o - keep us posted. If I knew exactly what bureau they checked I might consider applying. My Equifax is cleaned up pretty nicely, the other two are in pretty bad shape still. Did you have to purchase your biz report from Experian to get your biz score? Is there a free option :lol:??!

#22 rigirl

rigirl
  • Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:29 AM

Yes you do have to pay to get your score.$19.95 Probably should order it once to make sure everything is correct on it.

#23 rigirl

rigirl
  • Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:35 AM

:unsure:

OK, NOT trying to be rude here, but.....there is no way they pulled your personal credit and gave you a card with those FICOS.  (And I mean that in the most loving way... :) ).  NOw...your approval answers a few questions for me as well.......

Remember back in December I applied for Citi Biz AND Citi personal hoping I would get lucky and they would pull TU?  At the time TU was at 697.  Well, I got 2 INQS.....one to EQ and one to EXP.  I "assumed" one was the personal and one was the biz, but the inqs showed under the same name.  Of course, I was DENIED (for the personal card) because my FICOS for EQ were at like 620 at the time. 

Later I got a Citibiz card in the mail with a 20K CL!  :blink:  So, now you've got me wondering if both the inqs were for the personal card....and they didn't pull personal for the biz at all?????  I guess that could be possible??  What about your soft inqs??  Is it possible they pulled a soft????  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........  strange, strange things going on here.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ceowens---YOU GOT 20K CREDIT LINE???!!! Wow thats great I cant believe it!! Where was I? I dont remember that happening? Well anyways Congrats to the both of you and hopefully I can be a member of the high credit brat pack
soon!! :grin:

Edited by rigirl, 16 March 2005 - 10:36 AM.

#24 MNM

MNM
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:36 AM

We have two options under smartbusinessreports.com. The credit score for $19.95 or the business profile for $39.95. Would there be any reason to pay twice as much for the more advanced report if I'm just getting it to check on correct reporting information?

#25 rigirl

rigirl
  • Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:39 AM

I would just get the 20.00 one for now, If you see something wrong adn it needs correction then they will send you a new corrected report and it will be the 40.00 one.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.