Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Pay for Delete...........Success Stories

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 brookshire

brookshire
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:57 AM

Has anyone out there had success with "Pay for Delete"? Seems to me that this would be a quick and easy way to get baddies off of your report.

I would like to hear some success stories.

#2 cletus van damme

cletus van damme
  • Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:43 AM

Yep, I was 2 for 2.

#3 limegreen260

limegreen260
  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:51 AM

I have an odd success story with PFD. I sent a PFD letter to a CA for a medical bill on my DH's CR and they sent me a bill for that account plus another account they had but were not reporting. So, I sent a PFD letter for the other account too because I thought they were implying they would not accept unless I paid both.

In response to that, they sent me a letter saying they would mark the account "paid" if I paid it. So, of course I did not pay them. About 2 weeks later, the collection completely disappears from DH's CR. I've never heard another word from them. A bit confused, but happy over this.

#4 midwest newbie

midwest newbie
  • Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:05 AM

a few years back i was overrun with medical collections, did PFD (i think i settled on 20% for all of them), got all removed.

#5 BlaqueTreasures

BlaqueTreasures
  • Members
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:32 AM

Has anyone out there had success with "Pay for Delete"? Seems to me that this would be a quick and easy way to get baddies off of your report.

I would like to hear some success stories.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I've had PFD success. I had a written agreement signed by a collector, I paid the entire balance, then they reneged. Their management claimed the collector didn't have the authority to make that type of decision so he was fired. I didn't think there was anything else for me to do, so I carried that account on my report for 2 years...until I found creditboards of course. :rolleyes:

After finding CB, I shared my story and was given valuable information that helped me to resolve my problem in a little over a month. Yep, can you believe that! I carried the burden of that old collection for 2+ years and creditboards helped me to remove it in a month. HAHAHA This place is awesome!!

Basically, because I had the agreement in writing, I was prepared to follow through with a summons. I notified them of my intent to sue if it was not removed within 15 days. In the meantime, I kept asking questions on here and researched case law. In all of my communications, I never admitted that the debt was mine. I just paid it out of fear and coercion. In time, I grew more confident because I was armed with a wealth of knowledge/information from this board. On day 16, I sent another letter demanding deletion and included a copy of our agreement with the summons attached. A few days later, POOF it was gone. Then they even went so far as apologizing for the "inconvenience".

The moral of my story is...GET EVERYTHING (I mean EVERYTHING) IN WRITING!

#6 deez

deez
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:02 AM

It took me a couple months to get a deletion. I mailed an OC the PFD letter, they answered saying that they will get rid of the derrogatory info, but can't delete the fact that I had an account with them. To me that just sounded not right. So I toook my chances and sent them a $300 money order. They ended up not doing anything. After a month I sent them a DV letter and disputed with the CRA's. On one CRA it updated to paid after charge off, the other deleted. Then a month later I sent in a dispute letter to the CRA along with a copy of the letter that the OC sent me regarding deleting the derrogatory info. After 2 weeks, it was deleted.

So to quote BlaqueTreasures: GET EVERYTHING (I mean EVERYTHING) IN WRITING!

#7 Caglehead

Caglehead
  • Members
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:31 AM

Worked for me! I sent OC a PFD via CMRRR. They apparently immediately contacted the person who could authorize such a thing at headquarters (in another state). That person called me - agreed and agreed to put it in writing in a fax that he sent over immediately. I paid the debt within 15 days at a local branch and had them call him while I was there. Within 2 weeks, the tradeline was deleted! :yahoo:

#8 kissinger99

kissinger99
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:31 AM

I must be the only one who couldn't get a pfd. The CA refused to do it and said it would only be marked as paid. So I just paid it and now they haven't even marked it as paid. Luckily it is supposed to fall off my reports in a couple of months.

#9 Rushja4

Rushja4
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:34 AM

I had luck with PFD with Unifund. I was so glad to see that sucker finally come off.

#10 bap19

bap19
  • Newbies
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:02 PM

I had a very successful PFD with Nordstrom. They actually sent me a letter stating they would delete as soon as the balance was paid off. I paid it and a couple of days letter ALL GONE!! I wish they were like this.

#11 creditbetter

creditbetter
  • Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:20 PM

I'm gettin ready to send pfd to jeff capital and palisades - anybody had any luck here?

#12 FlaDave

FlaDave
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:50 PM

I had a collection that would not go away. J.J.MacIntyre
was stuck like glue.. I even offered 100% for PRD. They
responded no to that also..

We are only talking $2,000 and it needed to be paid for
a loan I was getting.. I called attorney, Paid $500.00
to them and offered 25% $500.00 and it's gone.

Would have had to pay the full to get good loan but this
worked out in our favor saving $1,000 in the end.

Interesting that I offered 100% and got a no way to remove
negitive and attorney got it done for 1/4 the price.

#13 brookshire

brookshire
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:50 PM

My only concern with PFD's are: "What if I ruin my chances of validation?" I mean, PFD sounds like it would be an easy out if you have the extra cash. Are there any chances that it could backfire and ruin my chances of getting the baddie removed via verification?

#14 CramItCCCAs

CramItCCCAs

Master of the Obvious

• Mod Squad
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:54 PM

FYI

A PFD is not likely to be granted because you ask for it, CA/OC's don't delete derogatory information because you send them a check, in their eyes the very least you should do is pay, so why would they delete anything just because you fulfilled your "obligation" to them. That's where this board comes in, the idea here is to question authority, and to hold each of your creditors to the letter of the law.

They're going to report every piece of negative information they can, so if they want to hold you to this standard, it's time to turn the tables on them and start making them responsible for what they report. This is not a trick and it's a way to get out of paying, what it is is a tactic to get some relief, is it fair that CA who pays pennies on the dollar for your debt profits hugely and then wrecks your credit for as long as he/she possible can? No it's not, is it fair that an OC that may grant leniency to a customer with 20 years of history then turns around and screws you to the wall because you've only been doing business with them for 4 years? No!

So with that in mind, do not settle for what they tell you, do not settle for what you "feel" like you deserve, get what you want by pressing them legally to be responsible for what they report. If it a CA, Validate, if it's an OC request verification and then hold their feet to the fire and gain violations that ultimately get you a PFD. Stop thinking of PFD as something only lucky people get, it's something that you get by fighting for it, so do your homework and get your deletions.

#15 Karentut

Karentut
  • Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:14 PM

FlaDave: Do you know what your attorney said to them to get them to come around? Did he threaten bankruptcy? Was it a bankruptcy attorney? Or, if not, did the attorney have a specialty? Did you hire a nasty give them hell type, or the nice guy negotiator type?

The reason I ask is that I may try this tactic on a real difficult PFD.

#16 CramItCCCAs

CramItCCCAs

Master of the Obvious

• Mod Squad
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:18 PM

My only concern with PFD's are: "What if I ruin my chances of validation?" I mean, PFD sounds like it would be an easy out if you have the extra cash. Are there any chances that it could backfire and ruin my chances of getting the baddie removed via verification?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You never reliquish your right to validation or verification, but your not likely to get a PFD unless you verfy/validate first

#17 brookshire

brookshire
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:33 PM

Great info!!! I will definatley validate/verify first.

#18 brookshire

brookshire
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:03 PM

Hope this works

#19 zippykaros

zippykaros
  • Members
  • 740 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:15 PM

i sent one pfd letter, one time, to a CA that properly validated my debt, however, they said no to the pfd. In the process of trying to get them to validate my debt, I sent them 3 DV requests and one ITS before they responded. In that process they violated a few FCRA regulations. I'm going to file a small claims case against them for these violations and then have them served. once they get served, they will delete the listing, and won't waste their time in showing up to court since the debt is only $83. I guess what i'm trying to say is DV them, DV them again, and again. Dispute with the CRAs, and log the violations if they do respond. Papertrail is the key. never send a pfd right off the bat.

#20 brookshire

brookshire
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:53 PM

I won't give up.......lol :P

#21 BlaqueTreasures

BlaqueTreasures
  • Members
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:07 PM

i sent one pfd letter, one time, to a CA that properly validated my debt, however, they said no to the pfd.  In the process of trying to get them to validate my debt, I sent them 3 DV requests and one ITS before they responded. In that process they violated a few FCRA regulations. I'm going to file a small claims case against them for these violations and then have them served. once they get served, they will delete the listing, and won't waste their time in showing up to court since the debt is only $83.  I guess what i'm trying to say is DV them, DV them again, and again. Dispute with the CRAs, and log the violations if they do respond.  Papertrail is the key.  never send a pfd right off the bat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You sound mighty confident about that. A little too confident I think. Never assume the CA won't hold up their own in court, no matter how small the debt or how many violations you think you have against them. Be prepared to prove your case and follow through to the end. Filing a case is NOT small beans and shouldn't be taken lightly, no matter how small the alleged debt. At any rate, good luck to you. I hope everything turns out the way you expect.

#22 Rezin

Rezin
  • Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:16 PM

I had a small medical collection. I did a PFD, they accepted (then asked me to dispute with CRAS myslef) and I did. They didn't verify, and poof, it was gone in about 2 weeks.

#23 cknykid

cknykid
  • Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You never reliquish your right to validation or verification, but your not likely to get a PFD unless you verfy/validate first

How do you request verification. Is there a sample letter for verfication out there?
The search button is my freind
http://creditboards....opic=134142&hl=

Edited by cknykid, 16 March 2006 - 06:33 PM.

#24 omer443

omer443
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:12 PM

Hey! I am curious? Did you have any luck with Palisades? I am working on this with an ATT account and I have not heard back from them.

#25 Euterpe Thelo

Euterpe Thelo
  • Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:35 PM

I successfully got a small medical collection off at exactly the time the SOL to sue expired. Called the hospital and made arrangements through them with the CA--had the hospital billing office call them and negotiate a PFD. I made them send it in writing before paying; in fact, they tried to send a letter saying if I paid, they'd "update" my reports. I called back the billing clerk at the hospital and said nope this isn't what I agreed to; made them revise the letter to state "we will delete all references on your reports once paid in full." They still didn't immediately but then I just disputed as "not mine" and it came right off.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.