Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Motivation for the Newbies

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 KAZPUR

KAZPUR
  • Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:01 PM

I started my credit repair journey in November of 2004. I purchased all three credit reports, and was ready to dive in head first.
I was very hesitant at first bc I really didnt know what to do, but once I found credit boards and equipt myself knowledge, I became addicted. I would have dreams of receiveing credit cards, suing CA's, shopping with CALady, debating with Sassy and winning(kill me now)and you dont want to hear about the dreams I had when I was asleep.
To make a long story really short I was very irresponsible in my teenage years, especially my Army years. I didnt have anyone to teach me about money, credit and debt. I have learned more from this board and the veterans on this board in the past 4 months than I ever thought possible.
With that knowledge this is what I have acomplished.

EXPERIAN
Started with 30 baddies and 3 pos
Credit Bureau of lancaster-medical(7 accts)-deleted by cating them on 8 violations
Collectrite Inc- not mine
Cbcs- not mine
Honors Credit Agency- not mine
Park Dansan- Not mine
Apex-medical (8 accts)- 1-2 punch
IC Systems(2 accts)
SCA Collections- not mine
Marlin Intgr-not mine
Mercury Finance- not mine
MFC Finance- not mine
Universal Underwriters Acceptance (2 Accts)- not mine
Left with RMA, 2 APEX, and UGI(validated and said not to PFD, Ill get them :angry: !)

EXPERIAN
started with 26 left with 14
ASG- not mine
Honors- not mine
IC Systems(2 Accts)- not mine
MFC Finance- not mine
North american collection- not mine
Park Dansan- not mine
SCA collections- not mine
Scana-not mine
The Finance Company- not mine
Universal Underwriters Acceptance(2 Accts)- not mine
left with Apex (11 accts), SCE&G, and Credit Protection

and last but by far the best
TRANSUNION
all deleted not mine
UGI
SCE&G
Universal Underwriters Acceptance(2 Accts)
MFC Finance
IC Systems(2 Accts)
Credit Bureau of lancaster-medical(8 accts)
American Agencies
Consolidated Coll Srvc
Powell Rogers and Spea
NCO Finance

Credit Protection
North american Cable Coll
[b]IC Systems
(2 Accts)
3 medical bills were added after all of these were disputed off

Positive accounts on all reports =
I have 2 deferred student loans totaling 3,786.00, AFFES (1995 oldest TL), and Chase-got it in DEC after the big deletion (very small limit-300)

Keep in mind you may not receive the same results. I disputed not mine twice with EQ and EX then tried disputing on other things within the TL. I used CMRRR for every piece of mail I sent out and stayed off the telephone (other than to dispute name and inqs) I read the Newby section alot, used the search function alot and asked questions when neccessary. I dont work so I spend about 3 hours per day on my credit and BF's credit.
My scores still arent impressive and I dont know why :o .....but i guess its bc i dont have many pos TL.....IS that correct? I am not dissapointed but dang!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL :dance: :yu:

:) :o

#2 faztcobra

faztcobra
  • Members
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:05 PM

You've have a lot of success! Congrats!!

#3 MrsChambers

MrsChambers
  • Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:06 PM

HOLY WOW BATMAN

#4 MrsChambers

MrsChambers
  • Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:07 PM

this needs to be moved to the new SUCCESS STORIES thread for everyone to lust after!

#5 Evelyn

Evelyn
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:08 PM

You Go! This is inspirational for those of us just starting on this journey. Keep up the good work. It seems that you probably should get a CC, nonsecured if possible. But if not, secured would help too.

Don't give up...We're rooting for ya.!! :)

#6 Gryffindor

Gryffindor
  • Members
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:11 PM

That's wonderful for such a short amount of time! How old on average were most of your TL's?

#7 jenfromny

jenfromny
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:15 PM

Wow!! Thats fantastic..congratulations!

I just started working on mine and so far so good. I just sent out 7 valadation letters today (cmrrr of course) and am hoping for the best. Those are the only 7 baddies on my report..hopefully I get results!!

#8 Kona

Kona
  • Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:48 PM

Congrats! This is such wonderful news! Keep up the good work, so we can hear further successes from you!

#9 SassyinAz

SassyinAz

On top of Mt. Olympus

• Members
  • 9,353 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 08:04 PM

KAZPUR:

I was very hesitant at first bc I really didnt know what to do, but once I found credit boards and equipt myself knowledge, I became addicted. I would have dreams of receiveing credit cards, suing CA's, shopping with CALady, debating with Sassy and winning(kill me now)and you dont want to hear about the dreams I had when I was asleep.

:unsure: Should I fess about my board dreams or shouldn't I??? nawwwwww

Congrats to you, Kazpur, I'm thrilled and BOWING to you!

Sweet dreams ;-)

Sassy

#10 CALady

CALady
  • Members
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 08:28 PM

I started my credit repair journey in November of 2004. I purchased all three credit reports, and was ready to dive in head first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh gosh, that is so cute -- though I really don't do much shopping. Only recently a bit of stuff here and there for the new house, but I haven't shopped for myself in a looooong while, maybe some office supplies. Groceries. That's all.

But the thing about credit is just because you have it available to you .. the trick is not to fall into the trap of spending more than you can afford to pay back.

Kazpur, your progress has been amazing ... all your success, so much accomplished in such a short time! You're a real trooper, and thank you so much for sharing all that with us.

You should be proud of yourself like we are of your accomplishments. Hang in there -- it can only get better from hereon!

Congratulations and keep up the GREAT work!!!

#11 cotterpin

cotterpin

No Title Necessary

• Mod Squad
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 08:33 PM

debating with Sassy and winning(kill me now)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:yahoo: :angry: :rofl: :P

:aggressive:

Too funny!!!!

Seriously, you did some MAJOR cleanup there that deserves some MAJOR Contrats:

Posted Image

#12 KAZPUR

KAZPUR
  • Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 09:12 PM

Wow, Thanks everyone!
The bulk of my tradelines were from 1999/2000 and a few from 2001-2003.
I was certain I would get some flack about how long I spend on the repair per day :aggressive: but I think it is well worth it.
Since I am not confident enough yet to answer newby questions, I thought this would be a nice little way to contribute.
Good Luck yall

I LOVE THIS BOARD :P

#13 cletus van damme

cletus van damme
  • Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 09:24 PM

I was very close in my deletions. 22 deletions in 66 days. I used what I call the shock and awe 1-2 body punches. Using the experience from board members, aggressive letters CMRRR with shorter times, constant pressure on companies (D/V, nutcase/ITS)like Sherman. Pressure by filing complaints with federal, state, local conumer advocate agencies. ANother key is organization. I used an excel spreadsheet. Creditcure software from this board is a great tool. read research organize and pressure on the trolls

#14 Neen

Neen

Mrs. Post

• Members
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 09:38 PM

I LOVE THIS BOARD :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...and this board loves ya right back :)

Congratulations!!!!!!

#15 A+Credit2005

A+Credit2005
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:59 PM

Congrats!

#16 SURFJ9009

SURFJ9009
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:11 PM

SHOCK AND AWE? I love it!!!!!!

We all need to remember that a little shock and awe can get a lot done fast!

Great job. I am right behind you coming on strong.

#17 Ishie

Ishie
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:23 AM

This is incredible and inspiring. Things seem so overwhelming!

I'm working, but I'm spending between 1-3 hours a day on credit stuff. Mostly going over the boards, but also organizing and triaging my credit reports. Nothing sent out yet; too much of a noob, but this is so great!!!

#18 tal

tal
  • Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:07 PM

thats awesome. Congrats! :good:

#19 aeronsmom

aeronsmom
  • Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:54 PM

Belated congratulions - I just signed back on after being gone a while. I'm moving way too slowly but you are inspiring. Thanks!

#20 skemo

skemo
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:48 PM

Wow, all that in 3 months!!

#21 quest42

quest42
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:00 PM

:angry: WOW, that is a very inspirational story -- I filed "no-asset" Ch 7 BK on 10/14/05... all my credit reports are disaster zones! Just discovered this forum yesterday... Now, if I can just figure out where to start... :angry:

#22 recruiting

recruiting
  • Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:39 AM

Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 bickisdickus

bickisdickus
  • Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:46 PM

Just crusin around looking for information, found out a month ago how much your FICO score can be hurt simply because of credit card debt. Got my tax back and paid off my maxed out Visa. FICO score went from 623 to 781 within one month. Found other good info here also at www.nospam.com in case anybody is interested.

Edited by psp, 01 June 2006 - 07:43 AM.

#24 i love my mac

i love my mac
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:33 AM

I started my credit repair with 2 repos one reporting twice so it looked like 3. Late payments on studnet loans and 3 collections 1 from a rental place. 1 from a medical bill and 1 from the library.
I read everything i could on credit repair and wrote letters to all 3 bureaus. I wrote them saying i wanted actuall proof and would not accept a stament simply saying we verified your information. I demaned that i see under my rights something showing i actually owed this debt. Then i would list each account by the name of the debitor but left off all account # and any information other then the name and why i was disputing it.
20 days later equifax wrote back deleted all 3 repos, and 2 of the 3 collections. Now trans union i was not so luky with. They laimed they verified 1 repo and 2 of the collections. I wrote right back and said i will cal the FTC if i need to in order to optain proof of these debts. ANd even sent a CC to the FTC. This time TU reported back to me about 35 days later and had deleted the other repo and left me with only 1 collection. Experian was in the middle they claimed they verified all the repos but deleted all the collections.
My scores past and now.
EXP 465-525
TU 494-530
EQU 511-620

This has taken place over 3 month period. I have found a great place called true credit.com they are run by TU and you pay one fee a month of less then $20 and you can pull your 3 bureau and 3 score report as often as you want. OK Well they limit you to 1 every 48 hours but you should not need to pull it that much.

MY advice is keep bugging them You have nothing to lose by writing letters other then the cost of a stamp. These bureaus have thousands of people working there so the next time you write in someone else might be more kind and take more time with your report then someone else. Sometimes they dont even verifiy things if they are really busy they try to verify things but lots of times they end up deleting things because they dont have the time to track down every acct # for every disputed thing for every person who has written in.

Go to truecredit and make sure you sign up for the 3in 1 unlimited pulls not the 1 time thing. Look at all 3 reports then cutomize a letter to each bureau with the NEG information that you want looked at and then send your letter to them. DONT GIVE UP IT CAN HAPPEN.

#25 Sultan

Sultan
  • Members
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:23 AM

To make a long story really short I was very irresponsible in my teenage years, especially my Army years. I didnt have anyone to teach me about money, credit and debt. I have learned more from this board and the veterans on this board in the past 4 months than I ever thought possible.
With that knowledge this is what I have acomplished.

EXPERIAN
Started with 30 baddies and 3 pos
Credit Bureau of lancaster-medical(7 accts)-deleted by cating them on 8 violations
Collectrite Inc- not mine
Cbcs- not mine
Honors Credit Agency- not mine
Park Dansan- Not mine
Apex-medical (8 accts)- 1-2 punch
IC Systems(2 accts)
SCA Collections- not mine
Marlin Intgr-not mine
Mercury Finance- not mine
MFC Finance- not mine
Universal Underwriters Acceptance (2 Accts)- not mine
Left with RMA, 2 APEX, and UGI(validated and said not to PFD, Ill get them :angry: !)

EXPERIAN
started with 26 left with 14
ASG- not mine
Honors- not mine
IC Systems(2 Accts)- not mine
MFC Finance- not mine
North american collection- not mine
Park Dansan- not mine
SCA collections- not mine
Scana-not mine
The Finance Company- not mine
Universal Underwriters Acceptance(2 Accts)- not mine
left with Apex (11 accts), SCE&G, and Credit Protection

and last but by far the best
TRANSUNION
all deleted not mine
UGI
SCE&G
Universal Underwriters Acceptance(2 Accts)
MFC Finance
IC Systems(2 Accts)
Credit Bureau of lancaster-medical(8 accts)
American Agencies
Consolidated Coll Srvc
Powell Rogers and Spea
NCO Finance

Credit Protection
North american Cable Coll
[b]IC Systems
(2 Accts)
3 medical bills were added after all of these were disputed off

Positive accounts on all reports =
I have 2 deferred student loans totaling 3,786.00, AFFES (1995 oldest TL), and Chase-got it in DEC after the big deletion (very small limit-300)

Keep in mind you may not receive the same results. I disputed not mine twice with EQ and EX then tried disputing on other things within the TL. I used CMRRR for every piece of mail I sent out and stayed off the telephone (other than to dispute name and inqs) I read the Newby section alot, used the search function alot and asked questions when neccessary. I dont work so I spend about 3 hours per day on my credit and BF's credit.
My scores still arent impressive and I dont know why :search: .....but i guess its bc i dont have many pos TL.....IS that correct? I am not dissapointed but dang!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL :dance: :yu:

:rofl: :dntknw:

Thats a pretty thorough report & recap KAZPUR, awesome indeed that you would share this success in detail with us. IMHHO You're on the right track obviously, keep at it and good job! Keep us posted too if you would.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.