Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Motivation for the Newbies

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 Beachfamily

Beachfamily
  • Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:40 PM

Awesome !
Thanks for sharing.
This will help others to go on and continue no matter how much or how many as allot of people give up after a while thinking there is no way you will see the light, this post will give them hope that it can be done!

#27 Danny P.

Danny P.
  • Newbies
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:59 AM

I read your story and I was wondering if you or anybody who may know some about Validation letters.
I have sent CMRRR to a certain account I have and recieved one reply. I sent a second CMRRR and they never replied. Now I sent a ITS ( intent to sue ) letter CMRRR and have yet to hear from the company. The concern I have is I have been in dispute with this one account for 2 months and I checked my credit report today 6/9/2006 and the original debt was for 1209.00 now there is a new collector with a new account number and the amount is now 1570.00.... Isnt it against the FDRA FCRA to sell a debt while in dispute? it seems like the company doesnt care. and I need help? I wanna sue so badly and the money isnt what I want I want to beat them at their game and get the account gone. Can any body help?

#28 Amil

Amil
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

I am a Newbie and would love to get those results. How do I get started?
Thanks in Advance.

I started my credit repair journey in November of 2004. I purchased all three credit reports, and was ready to dive in head first.
I was very hesitant at first bc I really didnt know what to do, but once I found credit boards and equipt myself knowledge, I became addicted. I would have dreams of receiveing credit cards, suing CA's, shopping with CALady, debating with Sassy and winning(kill me now)and you dont want to hear about the dreams I had when I was asleep.
To make a long story really short I was very irresponsible in my teenage years, especially my Army years. I didnt have anyone to teach me about money, credit and debt. I have learned more from this board and the veterans on this board in the past 4 months than I ever thought possible.
With that knowledge this is what I have acomplished.

EXPERIAN
Started with 30 baddies and 3 pos
Credit Bureau of lancaster-medical(7 accts)-deleted by cating them on 8 violations
Collectrite Inc- not mine
Cbcs- not mine
Honors Credit Agency- not mine
Park Dansan- Not mine
Apex-medical (8 accts)- 1-2 punch
IC Systems(2 accts)
SCA Collections- not mine
Marlin Intgr-not mine
Mercury Finance- not mine
MFC Finance- not mine
Universal Underwriters Acceptance (2 Accts)- not mine
Left with RMA, 2 APEX, and UGI(validated and said not to PFD, Ill get them :angry: !)

EXPERIAN
started with 26 left with 14
ASG- not mine
Honors- not mine
IC Systems(2 Accts)- not mine
MFC Finance- not mine
North american collection- not mine
Park Dansan- not mine
SCA collections- not mine
Scana-not mine
The Finance Company- not mine
Universal Underwriters Acceptance(2 Accts)- not mine
left with Apex (11 accts), SCE&G, and Credit Protection

and last but by far the best
TRANSUNION
all deleted not mine
UGI
SCE&G
Universal Underwriters Acceptance(2 Accts)
MFC Finance
IC Systems(2 Accts)
Credit Bureau of lancaster-medical(8 accts)
American Agencies
Consolidated Coll Srvc
Powell Rogers and Spea
NCO Finance

Credit Protection
North american Cable Coll
[b]IC Systems
(2 Accts)
3 medical bills were added after all of these were disputed off

Positive accounts on all reports =
I have 2 deferred student loans totaling 3,786.00, AFFES (1995 oldest TL), and Chase-got it in DEC after the big deletion (very small limit-300)

Keep in mind you may not receive the same results. I disputed not mine twice with EQ and EX then tried disputing on other things within the TL. I used CMRRR for every piece of mail I sent out and stayed off the telephone (other than to dispute name and inqs) I read the Newby section alot, used the search function alot and asked questions when neccessary. I dont work so I spend about 3 hours per day on my credit and BF's credit.
My scores still arent impressive and I dont know why :search: .....but i guess its bc i dont have many pos TL.....IS that correct? I am not dissapointed but dang!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL :dance: :yu:

:D :P

#29 CreditTips4Me

CreditTips4Me
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:40 PM

This gives all of us motivation.

#30 fred333

fred333
  • Newbies
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:00 PM

Great Story. I learned a lot.

#31 Tiff08

Tiff08
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

Wow....congratulations!

#32 CashAdvances

CashAdvances
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:28 PM

Nice hope i can do that in 3 months anything is possible thought great success story

#33 ryster218

ryster218
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

Man congrats!!! That is quite a bit accomplished! Keep up the good work!

#34 reconranger227

reconranger227
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:01 PM

Great outstanding

#35 ellesig4

ellesig4
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

I started my credit repair journey in November of 2004. I purchased all three credit reports, and was ready to dive in head first.
I was very hesitant at first bc I really didnt know what to do, but once I found credit boards and equipt myself knowledge, I became addicted. I would have dreams of receiveing credit cards, suing CA's, shopping with CALady, debating with Sassy and winning(kill me now)and you dont want to hear about the dreams I had when I was asleep.
To make a long story really short I was very irresponsible in my teenage years, especially my Army years. I didnt have anyone to teach me about money, credit and debt. I have learned more from this board and the veterans on this board in the past 4 months than I ever thought possible.
With that knowledge this is what I have acomplished.

EXPERIAN
Started with 30 baddies and 3 pos
Credit Bureau of lancaster-medical(7 accts)-deleted by cating them on 8 violations
Collectrite Inc- not mine
Cbcs- not mine
Honors Credit Agency- not mine
Park Dansan- Not mine
Apex-medical (8 accts)- 1-2 punch
IC Systems(2 accts)
SCA Collections- not mine
Marlin Intgr-not mine
Mercury Finance- not mine
MFC Finance- not mine
Universal Underwriters Acceptance (2 Accts)- not mine
Left with RMA, 2 APEX, and UGI(validated and said not to PFD, Ill get them :angry: !)

EXPERIAN
started with 26 left with 14
ASG- not mine
Honors- not mine
IC Systems(2 Accts)- not mine
MFC Finance- not mine
North american collection- not mine
Park Dansan- not mine
SCA collections- not mine
Scana-not mine
The Finance Company- not mine
Universal Underwriters Acceptance(2 Accts)- not mine
left with Apex (11 accts), SCE&G, and Credit Protection

and last but by far the best
TRANSUNION
all deleted not mine
UGI
SCE&G
Universal Underwriters Acceptance(2 Accts)
MFC Finance
IC Systems(2 Accts)
Credit Bureau of lancaster-medical(8 accts)
American Agencies
Consolidated Coll Srvc
Powell Rogers and Spea
NCO Finance

Credit Protection
North american Cable Coll
[b]IC Systems
(2 Accts)
3 medical bills were added after all of these were disputed off

Positive accounts on all reports =
I have 2 deferred student loans totaling 3,786.00, AFFES (1995 oldest TL), and Chase-got it in DEC after the big deletion (very small limit-300)

Keep in mind you may not receive the same results. I disputed not mine twice with EQ and EX then tried disputing on other things within the TL. I used CMRRR for every piece of mail I sent out and stayed off the telephone (other than to dispute name and inqs) I read the Newby section alot, used the search function alot and asked questions when neccessary. I dont work so I spend about 3 hours per day on my credit and BF's credit.
My scores still arent impressive and I dont know why :o .....but i guess its bc i dont have many pos TL.....IS that correct? I am not dissapointed but dang!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL :dance: :yu:

:rolleyes: :lol:

Wow look at those rising scores in your siggy. :D

#36 Melanie2009

Melanie2009
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

Very inspirational! Posted Image

#37 JBiBBs5

JBiBBs5
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

This is great inspiration for a beginner like myself.

#38 vetvm

vetvm
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

In Feb, 2009 we looked into buying home, had 6 collections and scores didn't break 600, got rid of all collections, and now scores are above 600
also got new home in Nov. day before Thanksgiving. :-).

#39 MB82x

MB82x
  • Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:22 AM

Pre-credit boards (early 2008): "FAKOs" in the 520s, 1 collection account, 2 paid collections, 1 open credit card ($300 limit), two defaulted student loans, six late payments on credit card history... denied for everything else, just about...

Currently: 702 TU score, 670 EQ score, EX Fako is like 644. Zero open collections, 1 paid collection, 2 student loans (opened 2000 and 2001) - no longer reporting as defaulted... they are no reporting with 8-10 years of PERFECT history... 1 late payment on CC history (2007)... two open credit cards... ($3600 limit, $1250 limit...) -- And yesterday I was appoved for a third credit card.... $7500 limit. :clapping:

#40 AnonymouslyIndebted

AnonymouslyIndebted
  • Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

Congratulations, such a long journey but it was all worth it!!! Another inspiration for all newbies drowning in debt.

Good luck and Congratulations again! :P

#41 Ameelia

Ameelia
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

I just recently started here trying to repair bad credit from years ago...I ordered my free credit reports from freecreditreports.com..supposedly i was to receive all three...I only got a report from equifax..so I tried to get a report from experian..I was asked for a credit card number...so what gives..??..anyone..how do I get all three...In addition:..The report I did get shows nothing at all..but when talking to my credit union I'm told the are 18 hard hits on my history...

#42 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,252 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

I just recently started here trying to repair bad credit from years ago...I ordered my free credit reports from freecreditreports.com..supposedly i was to receive all three...I only got a report from equifax..so I tried to get a report from experian..I was asked for a credit card number...so what gives..??..anyone..how do I get all three...In addition:..The report I did get shows nothing at all..but when talking to my credit union I'm told the are 18 hard hits on my history...

Hi, you're in the right place. :rofl: You should get your reports from annualcreditreport.com - the others are not entirely reliable, and any score that doesn't come from FICO.com is not your true fico score. Experian will not give or sell you a FICO score - they want to sell you their score, that lenders never use. :rofl:

All those free report sites are selling something else, and they are re-sellers of your credit report. If they didn't provide a report for you, there is probably something needed to verify your identity.

#43 poriggity

poriggity
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

This is definetly the place to be if you want to repair your credit. This place has helped me to stay with a good credit rating.

#44 Anthony88

Anthony88
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:27 PM

I found this site 2 months ago....i started my credit repair journey 2 weeks ago so we'll see how things go. My score is 540 right now but i plan for it to be better by the end of the year. Hopefully things go well

#45 jalisa1996

jalisa1996
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

i apologize if this is posted in the wrong place but I have tried to create a new topic and I get an error message.

I am a newbie and have been reading the Newbie section for about a week for several hours a day. I am ready to begin the clean up but I am still so overwhelmed as to where to begin.

My biggest problem is an unpaid charge off from Macy's for $1200 which was charged off in April '09. It is owned by a CA now. It is only listed on my report as an unpaid charge off under Macy's. The CA is not reporting yet, but they continue to call several times a day (I don't answer). I am in a position to pay, but from what I have read, that may not be the best idea because it will make the activity on my report be more recent. (???) Also, if I pay the CA , I don't think Macy's will change anything on my report, and that is what is doing the damage.

I need to refinance my mortgage that will adjust in August, and I know that the mortgage companies look at more than just the score, so they will want that to be paid. However, I also need to buy a car, so I need my scores to improve, not go down, if I pay the charge off.

So, yes, I am confused. What is the best way to handle a charge off that is in the hands of a CA but is only reporting from the OC so far????

Many thanks in advance~

#46 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,252 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:20 AM

No one can create new topics here in this forum -you have to go to the main page, and select another forum.

Here's a shortcut to the main forum, in case you're having trouble finding your way around. http://creditboards....php?showforum=2

#47 v8envy

v8envy
  • Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

What a great place, I'm so excited to find out all hope is not lost and with the little effort I have put in so far I have already boosted my scores on average 50 points, cash out Refi here I come!

#48 mjhaston

mjhaston
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

4 years ago when I found this board I think I was at 420 scores on my 3 reports. Now I'm up around 550 on the 3 and pay TrueCredit monthly to monitor and check in on my credit. I'm paying all of my bills on time, but I can't get above the 550 average!

Just wanted to brag, I mean add to the inspiration for newbies. This was a post of mine from 2008, but as you can see I started at 420 years ago. I started at 420 and now my TrueCredit scores are 688 - 728 - 853. Bought a house this past Spring. Paying absolutely EVERYTHING on-time. I have two small credit cards, one secured, that are in case of emergency and they are paid so that 1/3 of the credit is used. Everything else is paid in cash. If I don't have it, I can't afford it.

Keep at it. Although about 5 years ago I hired an agency to dispute for me ... it was really only time and paying my bills that got me out of the mess I had created.

Thanks CB.

PS - I still think FICO is a scam creating another stream of revenue by the credit industry, but I guess I'll monitor that now. When I got my mortgage that is what they went by.

#49 Guest_bobmorton_*

Guest_bobmorton_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:54 AM

thank you so much

#50 Averyk31

Averyk31
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

this is awesome...congrats

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.