Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

OnTheWayUp's success story

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OnTheWayUp

OnTheWayUp
  • Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:12 PM

This past Sept, I attempted to refi my home to buyout my ex. All I could qualify for was subprime loans with interest rates through the ceiling. I brought some of the bad credit on myself, refusing to pay for things belonging to my ex not realizing that it was affecting my credit scores. I found credit boards in November and this month I close my loan with a decent rate and a payment I can live with due to scores that have risen over 100 pts in just a few months. I could not have done this without the knowledge and help of all the posters on credit boards. With my new-found knowledge, I was even able to get Sherman and IC Systems removed from all 3 reports. For all this knowledge, my kids and I owe you many thanks for being able to keep our home of 15 plus years.

As a side note, I have also been able to build credit for my business. In the same short period of time, I have gotten the elusive paydex of 80.
Thanks to all CBers who post.

Edited by OnTheWayUp, 10 February 2005 - 03:13 PM.

#2 Sorthum

Sorthum
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:24 PM

I'm just jealous that you can afford a house in SoCal in this day and age! I'm 22, moved here a year and change ago, and even with a kickass credit score (Thanks, CB!) I don't see how I can buy a home unless my income triples...

#3 OnTheWayUp

OnTheWayUp
  • Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 07:57 PM

I was 20 when we bought our first home through VA. The housing market exploded back in the late 80's sold it and moved up with the equity. If I had to buy a house outright in my own neighborhood, I wouldn't be able to afford it. Get a condo somewhere down there if you can't afford a home. The equity will build up before you know it in your zip code :beee: then you will be on your way. See now I am jealous cause I would love to be near the beach :)

#4 A+Credit2005

A+Credit2005
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:19 PM

thanks for your story! the knowledge on this board is top notch!!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.