Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

CB's Biz Owners Yahoo Group (merged thread)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:23 PM

http://finance.group...BizCreditGroup/

have to join. If you hate yahoo and won't join, someone can run your quesries for you. Sorry I just don't have time for anything else. Matter of fact if someone wants to take the list and set it up, go for it. It's not mine, it's yours.

#2 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:28 PM

If someone can veryfiy that we are not listed in the directory, I'll take the approval off of signing up. Trying to minimize the spammers.

#3 8004me

8004me
  • Members
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:39 AM

Yahoo only allows 10 columns so if we want to use that then some consensus on what those 10 columns should be has to be made.

A possible alternative is a table like this

https://bridge.caspi...4A9G7H8G8G4A9G7

Only downside is you canít search it only sort the columns.

You can try it out, make suggestions and if there is enough interest I can create it with a link or embedded it into a web page.

#4 Shuganon

Shuganon
  • Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:23 PM

Yahoo only allows 10 columns so if we want to use that then some consensus on what those 10 columns should be has to be made.

A possible alternative is a table like this

https://bridge.caspi...4A9G7H8G8G4A9G7

Only downside is you canít search it only sort the columns.

You can try it out, make suggestions and if there is enough interest I can create it with a link or embedded it into a web page.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the alternate table. column for 411 listing please.

#5 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:24 PM

Can users input data?

#6 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:26 PM

whatever works best. :blush2:

#7 Shuganon

Shuganon
  • Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:21 PM

Can users input data?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was able to input data. I added my only TL, the Office Depot. After I added it put in alpha order. Appears to work fine. However, might be easy for someone to hack, if they were of a mind.

#8 8004me

8004me
  • Members
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:20 PM

Itís just a basic table, not sure if itís the right way or not; the lack of a search feature makes it less attractive.

We use it for some of our clients that are not willing (cost conscious) to dive into a SQL server environment by embedding into their secured website.

I am not sure it would be easier to hack than similar databases; the table resides on a secure server but I am not a hacker.
If Yahoo is more secure then that makes more sense.

Yahoo is not a bad interface albeit limited with the 10 columns as long as we can get the list down to 10 - I think it would work well for us.

#9 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:07 PM

We have SQL server - extra database is ony $5. Do you do SQL? got a script? we can host it on our server. Otherwise, it's gonna be yahoo I think. We do not want our "enemies" screwing with this database, everyone would be applying and getting denied, hahahahaha. Oh fun!!

#10 bfit01

bfit01
  • Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:17 PM

Can people add the years in biz as well as the inc,llc, whatever date. I notice that most with approvals have been in business a while. However, if both are used we may be able to determine whether companies are going by inc date or total biz years. Also annual revenues reported to DnB. Thanks.

#11 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:24 AM

ONly 10 tables - we picked the 10 most important.

#12 bfit01

bfit01
  • Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:25 AM

I realize that there are only 10 tables, but there is room for this info in the last table. IMO this info may be just as, or more important than paydex etc. In looking at the tables, the best lines were given to people with businesses older than two years. I'm just curious whether it's time in biz or inc date that has the greater impact.

#13 jowster

jowster
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:02 AM

have to join. If you hate yahoo and won't join, someone can run your quesries for you. Sorry I just don't have time for anything else. Matter of fact if someone wants to take the list and set it up, go for it. It's not mine, it's yours.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi breeze, I just applied to join your group...

:good: I can't help looking for the tsunami in the distant horizon on your picture :) it is beautiful though :)

#14 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,734 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:13 PM

Ok, Guys & Gals:

Need your help!

I grabbed the data from the biz yahoo group and will be working on it.

Since the yahoo group ONLY allows 10 columns, I need to know what more information you feel is necessary or might find convenient to know.

I will make a mock-up data entry form for testing with all the fields and let you guys & gals preview it, but I have a feeling you might want to see more data from reading this thread. I will also make a mock-up preview of the data once it is input after ya'll decide what it is that you want to see.

I think you all, from reading this thread have pretty much a consensus that at least the current 10 columns are necessary, What else would be beneficial to you to know or post?

#15 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,734 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:04 AM

__^__

#16 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,734 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:29 PM

I would appreciate feedback from you business owners.

Will this serve your needs?

CB Biz Credit Database Entry

This will have 14 fields in it, more than the yahoo group can currently hold.

Do you guys need more or what do I need to modity for you?

Feedback appreciated. :)

#17 JRela2000

JRela2000
  • Newbies
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:32 AM

are we still worknig on this? What is the outcome? This si what I am mainly here for so do we have this on Yahoo?

#18 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

if you want to network with each other

#19 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:15 AM

bumpity

#20 Tric09

Tric09
  • Spammer
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:04 PM

Is this CB Biz Credit Database Entry
still being worked on?? I know this is an old post....I have read so much over the last few days I dont know what is updated or what is not??? But its all been so helpful!!

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!

#21 qwerty-7

qwerty-7
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

bump

#22 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,734 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:15 PM

Actually not being worked on by me, but I can revive it. However I recieved to very little interest, and followup form the memberbase that I chose not to further pursue it

Let me know, I can go back to work.

#23 Tric09

Tric09
  • Spammer
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:49 PM

i think it'd be great to get this up and running...
the link CB Biz Credit Database Entry seems to have all the nec data to get it rolling.

#24 nokio

nokio
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

I would love to see this come to fruition as well.
Crank it up MarvBear! :rofl:

#25 helcat

helcat
  • Members
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:23 PM

I'd love to see Marv's Biz Credit pulls database start being used the "*Biz Credit Approved....*" is okay but ends up getting off topic. The database would be much more powerful and I for one would be more likely to use it.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.