Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Mortgage insurance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zerodown

zerodown
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 08:22 PM

I did a Google on mortgage payment protection, mortgage payment insurance, etc... All I found was a bunch of companies in England offering such coverage in case of unemployment and/or disability.

Is there such a thing on this side of the 'big pond'? Note that this is not PMI.

#2 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,064 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 08:32 PM

Hey 0 <wave>

Yes, some major P&C companies (ones that writie homeowner's) sell it as a package product (life and disability to cover the mortgage only). I suggest you get your own, if you are healthy. You can get cheap term life insurance from a number of life insurance companies, and a disability policy for the amount of your payment, if that's all you need. If you're going to get disability, and don't already have a policy, I suggest you go on and get a good policy that would replace your income in the event of disability. If your health is questionable, go for the packaged product, the underwriting is not as tough, but the price is higher.

#3 zerodown

zerodown
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:02 AM

Hey 0  <wave>

Yes, some major P&C companies (ones that writie homeowner's) sell it as a package product (life and disability to cover the mortgage only). I suggest you get your own, if you are healthy. You can get cheap term life insurance from a number of life insurance companies, and a disability policy for the amount of your payment, if that's all you need. If you're going to get disability, and don't already have a policy, I suggest you go on and get a good policy that would replace your income in the event of disability. If your health is questionable, go for the packaged product, the underwriting is not as tough, but the price is higher.

Hi Breeze <wave back>

Actually, I was most interested in the unemployment coverage aspect as I already have the traditional disability ins. through my work. The only thing I've found so far is at www.gemortgageprotection.com and I was looking for some competition. Also, living in S. Fla drastically reduces my options regarding homeowners ins. Last year in my area there was exactly 1 company underwriting - and it's the state insurance pool. :D :x

#4 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,064 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 09:18 AM

Ahhhhh, that, I do not know! Unemployment insurance is a fairly new coverage, not a lot of companies offering it.

Florida homeowner's is a a mess right now! Well, at least it solves the problem of shopping around for it. :wink:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.