Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Are there any pay for delete AT&T success stories?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 10CCsofCredPair

10CCsofCredPair
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

My wife's credit report returned an unpaid $38 debt to AT&T Mobility as of this March - curious, since I've been paying her bill on a family plan for almost two years. It's still with AT&T, doesn't seem to have been sold to collections yet.

I'm confused as to what to do next: call and make a PFD request, send a PFD letter, or just go all in asking to verify or delete? All tactics seem to have their pros and cons. I'm looking for any AT&T mobility stories out there, anyone who might have had success going against em.

Thanks in advance!

#2 scls

scls
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Who is reporting ?

#3 10CCsofCredPair

10CCsofCredPair
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

Who is reporting ?

AT&T Mobility, not a third party.

#4 10CCsofCredPair

10CCsofCredPair
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Who is reporting ?

Disregard that last comment - the plot thickens.

Your reply prompted me to take another look at the report. The report says AT&T Mobility, but when I looked at the contact info later in the report, I googled the address listed under AT&T Mobility. It took me to - lo and behold - EOS CCA, a third-party collections agency.

I'm in Texas so I might have a little extra leverage under state financial code. What should I do next - dispute?

#5 10CCsofCredPair

10CCsofCredPair
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

bump

#6 scls

scls
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

Who is reporting ?

Your reply prompted me to take another look at the report. The report says AT&T Mobility, but when I looked at the contact info later in the report, I googled the address listed under AT&T Mobility. It took me to - lo and behold - EOS CCA, a third-party collections agency.

I'm in Texas so I might have a little extra leverage under state financial code. What should I do next - dispute?

You should be able to pay att directly, and the negative tradeline should come off automatically. I have done this recently with the above mentioned results .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

#7 10CCsofCredPair

10CCsofCredPair
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Think it's worth a PFD letter? I'd hate to pay it and see it still up there. Moreover, all the contact info on the reports -- the only info we have about the debt -- goes to the CA, not AT&T. So not really all that sure about how to pay AT&T directly ...

Who is reporting ?

You should be able to pay att directly, and the negative tradeline should come off automatically. I have done this recently with the above mentioned results .

#8 scls

scls
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Think it's worth a PFD letter? I'd hate to pay it and see it still up there. Moreover, all the contact info on the reports -- the only info we have about the debt -- goes to the CA, not AT&T. So not really all that sure about how to pay AT&T directly ...

Who is reporting ?

Your DW currently has att service correct?

#9 johnny5

johnny5
  • Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

My wife's credit report returned an unpaid $38 debt to AT&T Mobility as of this March - curious, since I've been paying her bill on a family plan for almost two years. It's still with AT&T, doesn't seem to have been sold to collections yet.

I'm confused as to what to do next: call and make a PFD request, send a PFD letter, or just go all in asking to verify or delete? All tactics seem to have their pros and cons. I'm looking for any AT&T mobility stories out there, anyone who might have had success going against em.

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like you moved your wife into a family plan with you at some point in the past and you/her still have an open active account with ATT, is this correct?

The reason why I ask is 7-8 years ago I moved across the country, as part of that move I had ATT change my phone to a local number in my new city. Little did I know that ATT at the time had completely different billing systems for areas of the US. So what they actually had to do was close my account with the billing system on the west coast, and open new account to their billing system in the north east. Due to this the final bill balance from west was manually transferred to east I kept paying my bill as normal my account was in good standing and everything was great. About 1 year later I started getting calls from a CA regarding my old phone number and the only info they had was my west coast address, the CA was absolutely positive I was some Dead beat, I faxed them multiple bills from ATT showing my account in 100% good standing and they just kept saying I still owed. Eventually after several calls to ATT a supervisor was able to figure out that the transfer of my account from one billing system to the other was not done 100% correctly and so the west coast billing system thought I had an outstanding balance which is the amount that was sent to the CA, this supervisor was able to go manually credit the account referencing my current account in the other billing system and even gave me 2 months free for the screw up. Eventually that account was pulled back from the CA as it was in error and everything about the matter on my credit report disappeared.

So long version short are you sure you actually owe them this money? or perhaps was it a screw up similar to that?? If its an error on their part you do not have to pay, it should be deleted because its an error and if you still have an account with them you should demand a decent account credit for their screw up.

#10 10CCsofCredPair

10CCsofCredPair
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

My wife and I joined a family plan together about a year and a half ago. We kept our same numbers. Hers is the primary account phone, whatever that means, but I've paid the bill since.

It seems like it has to be a screw up, since this trade line was added in March this year, after I assumed all the payments. Full disclosure: I've paid late a couple times, but nothing more than a week or so, and my account is in good standing.

Even tho it seem like their screw up, I wouldn't mind paying since its only $38. But I'd want assurance the trade line would be lost off her report - hence not knowing best to proceed.

I'm thinking I may call first, then try PFD, then try a dispute. (I just did CC opt out; giving that a couple days until we letter-bomb the CRAs with address correction requests, before we move on to disputes.)

Am I doing it right? ;)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.