Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Direct Loan Rehabs- has anyone had (recent) success?!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 phunluvin82

phunluvin82
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

I'm on 10 payments and counting for rehabilitation...but Direct Loans *thinks* I have 8 payments because there is one check that was cashed in Oct (during the hot mess of a system changeover) that was never recorded in my payment history. I have been trying to get it straightened out since January, so that is pretty frustrating, but is mostly a side vent, lol!

BUT, I'm mostly wondering if anyone has had rehab with them go through recently. I have heard the horror stories of the backlog and people being told that their rehab "should go through in a month or two"...repeatedly for months and months on end.

I asked the woman that I spoke to today about this and she said that 'a small number of accounts' are starting to get rehabbed, but admitted that there was still a huge backlog and that she basically had no clue when I might be able to expect the rehab to go through.

Just seeing if anyone has some experience to report...it is just really aggravating to be told to just keep paying indefinitely until we don't know when, and we'll give you an update on we don't know when!

#2 jaybee

jaybee
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

I'm on my 11th payment, and like you, there is no payment for October showing in the system. I called in April after my 10th payment and the man on the phone gave me the speech about the disastrous system upgrade and the backlog, but he also said he could put some of the rehab benefits into motion. He told me he would initiate requests for the removal of any tax offsets and negative credit info.

I just called today to check on the status of my rehab and the woman on the phone reviewed my entire file. She verified all tax offsets were removed in April, and said I should be set with that. She also noted that requests were sent to the CRAs in mid-April to remove any negative info, but that typically takes 30-60 days to see results, so I was thrilled with that news. She then informed me that they didn't show any lender picking up my loan as of today, which I expected.

Here's something I didn't expect - she also told me that my rehab request wasn't even initiated yet. So, despite the work they put into this with regards to CRA info and tax offsets, somewhere in the shuffle they forget to initiate the actual rehab request (I'm assuming this means my loan wasn't even being shopped to lenders). She apologized to me on the phone and immediately started the request.

I call them a lot, and I seem to get different answers all the time. It's obvious they are still reeling from the upgrade or switch or whatever they did late last year. Moral of the story - if you are past your 9th payment, follow up with them!

#3 phunluvin82

phunluvin82
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'm on my 11th payment, and like you, there is no payment for October showing in the system. I called in April after my 10th payment and the man on the phone gave me the speech about the disastrous system upgrade and the backlog, but he also said he could put some of the rehab benefits into motion. He told me he would initiate requests for the removal of any tax offsets and negative credit info.

I just called today to check on the status of my rehab and the woman on the phone reviewed my entire file. She verified all tax offsets were removed in April, and said I should be set with that. She also noted that requests were sent to the CRAs in mid-April to remove any negative info, but that typically takes 30-60 days to see results, so I was thrilled with that news. She then informed me that they didn't show any lender picking up my loan as of today, which I expected.

Here's something I didn't expect - she also told me that my rehab request wasn't even initiated yet. So, despite the work they put into this with regards to CRA info and tax offsets, somewhere in the shuffle they forget to initiate the actual rehab request (I'm assuming this means my loan wasn't even being shopped to lenders). She apologized to me on the phone and immediately started the request.

I call them a lot, and I seem to get different answers all the time. It's obvious they are still reeling from the upgrade or switch or whatever they did late last year. Moral of the story - if you are past your 9th payment, follow up with them!

Thanks for the reply! The woman I spoke to did tell me that there was no rehab request initiated...but that was because I will have to get that Oct payment straightened out in order to have 9 consecutive. Now I know to just keep relentlessly following up with them, lol. I did not think to ask about the CRA reporting or anything, but I definitely will in the future if the rehab ends up taking a while to go through. Thanks!

#4 jaybee

jaybee
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for the reply! The woman I spoke to did tell me that there was no rehab request initiated...but that was because I will have to get that Oct payment straightened out in order to have 9 consecutive. Now I know to just keep relentlessly following up with them, lol. I did not think to ask about the CRA reporting or anything, but I definitely will in the future if the rehab ends up taking a while to go through. Thanks!

Well, since I'm missing the Oct payment like you, I also don't have 9 consecutive payments in their system (7 consecutive since then, 11 total). In my opinion, your results will vary depending on who you talk to. I wouldn't expect that Oct payment to register anytime soon - we've been waiting 7 months lol. I also wouldn't wait 2 more months to get 9 consecutive payments to show in their system.

Call them back and ask them to initiate your rehab request. Don't even bring up the Oct payment. If they give you the consecutive month excuse, nicely say "Look, I understand you have had system problems but I have been making timely payments for 10 months. I have the cancelled check you cashed back in October that shows you have my money. I have held up my end of the agreement. I think it's only fair you start my rehab at this point."

#5 snowpuppy

snowpuppy
  • Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm not in Rehab but DL has been one hot mess since ACS took over.

My OCT payment never showed up. Then they deleted it from their website. I have a relative who is approved for Disability Discharge but they have not forwarded the docs and they're telling him he's 9 months past due with a total due of '0'. But his balance due and in arrears is 0. :blink:

Keep ALL of your documentation including any printouts from their website.

#6 xrider25

xrider25
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

I went thru rehabing my loan an my 10 months was up in Oct. it took until last week to come out of rehab my loans are now with Sallie Mae it took alot of calling and writing to finally get them out. Goodluck to all the DOE is a mess.

#7 jaybee

jaybee
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

My negative Direct Loan tradelines disappeared from Experian today. I'm guessing EQ and TU will follow shortly. So it took a little over 3 weeks from when they initiated the request.

#8 backfrombk

backfrombk
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

I just finished rehabbing the student loan through Department of Education for 11 payments. I had almost finished it in February of last year but filed for bankruptcy which stopped everything. They were with Sallie Mae before I defaulted. I just received 2 letters from Sallie Mae this month saying they are going to be the servicer for the loan.

#9 devotedtod

devotedtod
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

I am glad to see others are seeing the rehabs finally go through...Mine is finally starting to see some action after having finished the rehab payments in October.

#10 phunluvin82

phunluvin82
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

UPDATE: So after speaking to them again a few days ago, they did initiate my rehab request. Of course, they also told me they are backed up and have no estimate for how long it will take for my loans to actually get rehabbed, and I should 'just keep making payments and keep checking back.' Ugh.

My Oct payment is still not showing up...they have repeatedly confirmed that they received my documentation regarding this payment, but they are apparently still 'processing' it, which they have been for nearly 2 months now! So that is annoying, but I'm mostly just glad the rehab has been initiated.

I'm feeling for everyone who fulfilled their payments in Oct (!) and are still waiting?!? I'm outraged on your behalf! Things are such a mess over there, it's absolutely ridiculous.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.