Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

"Previously Investigated" (Fraudlink Added)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 willy2004

willy2004
  • Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 02:28 PM

Here is the link, this is much worse than a notice requirement folks:
http://www.creditboa...p=375379#375379

The content of this post is not sponsored by Creditboards.com and Creditboards.com has nothing whatsoever to do with anything described in this post.

The time has come, folks, this Experian notice lacks the required 15 U.S.C. 1681i(a)(3)©(ii) notice.

Please send me your dispute letter and a copy of Experian's "Prevously Investigated" response:

UPDATE - I will also be accepting copies of letters from Experian indicating that they could not use your information, and will be contacting the provider directly. Again, please send copies of your dispute letter, and this response received from Experian.

David M Weber
1400 S. 2nd St. B410
Minneapolis, MN. 55454

Attach something with your name, add and phone # and I will send off a hopefully large package to a consumer class action law firm. I am not going to call anyone myself or infringe on anyone's privacy in any way, shape or form. I am sick and tired of the unfairness. I am sick and tired of hearing about these letters and how to deal with them, etc..

Cross out your SSN and any other identifying information save for a means for the firm to contact you. I will see how many letters come in and make the call as to when to send them over. I think that 50 would be plenty to convince a firm that this is an important issue.

There is no guarantee of course that anything will happen, but we will never know until we roll the dice. It would be a beautiful thing to put an end to this bologna.

On a side note, I faxed and mailed a Certified letter to Experian's Special Services Manager on April 28, 2004 alerting her to the absence of the required notice on Experian's "Previously Investigated" letter. It was received by fax on 04/28/04 and by mail on May 3, 2004. No response was provided.

#2 dredee0

dredee0
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 02:40 PM

i wouldnt have a problem joinin up

#3 aescutie

aescutie

The Fed Up One

• Members
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 02:45 PM

I can't wait to send it to ya!!!!!!!!! They have to be stopped.....was talking about the same thing with another cb'er the other day....you must have read my mind.....

#4 Tinker_Bell

Tinker_Bell
  • Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 02:49 PM

What is the notice that they are leaving out? I got a previously investigated letter on 7/22. What should I look for? Thanks.

#5 pryan67

pryan67

Mikey, the Life cereal kid

• Mod Squad
  • 49,118 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 02:50 PM

What is the notice that they are leaving out? I got a previously investigated letter on 7/22. What should I look for? Thanks.

they're REQUIRED to call your dispute frivolous or irrelevant

#6 Don

Don
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 02:55 PM

I received my "Previously Investigated" letter from Experian today. About 60 days ago I requested an investigation and again on July 22. These articles were obsolete..1977, 1989 and 1990. All had been charged off years ago and again in 1990 and 1989 and now again in 1999. I sent documents and old credit reports and they still refused to do anything. Copies were sent to FTC. So to make a long story short I have had these charges offs showing for over 16 years and cant stop them. I am willing to try anything now.

#7 chris4228

chris4228
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 02:59 PM

I will definitely join in, I am so sick of them, I have received several from them and so has my husband. Good luck!

#8 Tinker_Bell

Tinker_Bell
  • Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:22 PM

Could we actually get some $$$ out of a class action like this? Boy... THAT would be nice!!!

#9 Sinzard

Sinzard
  • Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:29 PM

I will join in as i have gotten more than one from them.

Thanks

#10 Tinker_Bell

Tinker_Bell
  • Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:40 PM

Last year my husband got letters from them saying that they were unable to verify... apparantly they were not satisfied with his reason for disputing. These items remained on his report and were not even in the list of items investigated. Can these be included in the possible class action?

#11 tulipchic

tulipchic
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 05:40 PM

If you try to dispute online and get the "previously investigated" response, you can't even dispute again. I have several of these to send.

#12 willy2004

willy2004
  • Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:11 PM

I will update the thread with a "count" of how many PI notices I have received.

#13 Q

Q
  • Members
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:10 PM

I think once everyone reads this, you might get a few hundred of them, I know I can send you 30 myself.

#14 badcredit goodperson

badcredit goodperson
  • Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:40 PM

Count me in, now I've got to start digging through the letters....

Can I suggest you pick a date to mail them out?

That way this won't be delayed and everyone that wants to participate will be reminded

Short...
:bus:

#15 Murano902

Murano902
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:15 PM

Not that I'm skeptical or anything, but I did a search for this David M. Weber and came up with nothing. Is he a licensed attorney? If so, I have some EX disputes that keep coming back "previously investigated". I'd love for an attorney to get their hands on them...whether there is any monetary compensation for it or not.

I HATE EX....they must be stopped.

#16 willy2004

willy2004
  • Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:48 PM

Murano, I am not an attorney at all.

You can find me listed on whitepages.com. :)

My goal in this thread is to bring those of us who have received these notices together, on one page and in orgainzed fashion, such that "the problem" with this Experian notice will be easily recognized by a qualified law firm.

#17 willy2004

willy2004
  • Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:24 PM

btw, Willy is my cat. :8)

#18 Murano902

Murano902
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:27 AM

Willy, I meant no harm. Thanks for the explanation and your help with this truly maddening problem w/EX. I have several to send!

#19 bretherite

bretherite
  • Bloggers
  • 885 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:00 AM

I have several now I will pull out and expect one or 2 more in the next month. I'm in.

#20 Jugador22

Jugador22
  • Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:37 AM

I too have some previously investigated letters, as well as a letter stating they can't use what I sent in...if this David Weber is legit, I don't have a problem sending in the information.

Has anybody sent their stuff to him yet?

#21 aescutie

aescutie

The Fed Up One

• Members
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:43 AM

...if this David Weber is legit, I don't have a problem sending in the information.

Has anybody sent their stuff to him yet?

I believe this is the OP...who will forward to an attorney...I could be wrong though

#22 Feisty

Feisty
  • Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:04 PM

I'm in.....Do you need original or copies of these letters AND What about the internet messages we get that says they won't investigate?

#23 willy2004

willy2004
  • Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 02:13 PM

phin, copies are fine. I am unfamiliar with the internet notice that EX provides. Pls post some info on it, thanks.

#24 monanell

monanell
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 09:17 PM

Count me in! I live around the corner from them too!

monanell

#25 sundara

sundara
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:50 PM

I have been fighting an error with Experian and found out today from the creditor that Experian changed their computer codes without telling the creditors...and has led to over one million mis-reports.

They use to code the reports as paid in full with a code "M" and now they deleted "M" altogether..so when the creditor reported paid in full, Experian reported as "closed at credit grantor request".

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.