Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

PFD and CA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 genevaz

genevaz
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

About a month ago, I posted regarding a CA that was reporting for a medical bill that I needed to have removed for settlement for a mortgage. I followed WhyChats process (mostly) and sent the HIPAA letter to the original health care provider with partial payment and a fee schedule. This was received and I have a CMRR dated April 9, 2012. I checked about a week ago to see if the payment was cashed and it was not. I decided to contact the OHCP a few days ago and see what was happening since my 10 days had passed with no response. The person I spoke to said that she spoke to her manager who contacted the CA. She stated that the CA decided to accept my payment (and that it has since been cashed) and would be pulling this back from the CRA. I really don't want to chance calling the CA to find out status. The gentleman there has been less than polite on numerous occasions. My question is this...since my HIPAA letter specifically stated payment in full and that they would need to have collection agency cease reporting this to CRA, is the CA obligated to abide, and what repercussions do I have if they don't. The payment was made out to the OHCP, since they cashed it, are all parties obliged to comply with my demands? I really don't want this to appear as a paid collection and risk tanking my scores. How long should I give them to remove this from the CRAs. I was thinking of disputing this to see if it would be removed faster, but I just had some dispute notations removed and the lender is waiting to pull my credit again before close. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the last baddie on my reports and it would be wonderful for it to disappear sooner than 2014.

#2 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,465 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

About a month ago, I posted regarding a CA that was reporting for a medical bill that I needed to have removed for settlement for a mortgage. I followed WhyChats process (mostly) and sent the HIPAA letter to the original health care provider with partial payment and a fee schedule. This was received and I have a CMRR dated April 9, 2012. I checked about a week ago to see if the payment was cashed and it was not. I decided to contact the OHCP a few days ago and see what was happening since my 10 days had passed with no response. The person I spoke to said that she spoke to her manager who contacted the CA. She stated that the CA decided to accept my payment (and that it has since been cashed) and would be pulling this back from the CRA. I really don't want to chance calling the CA to find out status. The gentleman there has been less than polite on numerous occasions. My question is this...since my HIPAA letter specifically stated payment in full and that they would need to have collection agency cease reporting this to CRA, is the CA obligated to abide, and what repercussions do I have if they don't. The payment was made out to the OHCP, since they cashed it, are all parties obliged to comply with my demands? I really don't want this to appear as a paid collection and risk tanking my scores. How long should I give them to remove this from the CRAs. I was thinking of disputing this to see if it would be removed faster, but I just had some dispute notations removed and the lender is waiting to pull my credit again before close. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the last baddie on my reports and it would be wonderful for it to disappear sooner than 2014.

You did not follow the "Why Chat" HIPAA letter program AT ALL.

I don't know if you followed ANY of it!!

Did you opt out??
Did you delete old addresses??
Did you send to each CRA the initial dispute letter??
Did you get ANY response from the CA that DOCUMENTED that they had a CURRENT business relationship with the OC??

If you did not do any of the above, then all you have done is throw $$ down thw drain without any possible benefit.
The OC is NOT obligated to "comply with your demands" in any way shape or form.

#3 genevaz

genevaz
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

You did not follow the "Why Chat" HIPAA letter program AT ALL.

I don't know if you followed ANY of it!!

Did you opt out??
Did you delete old addresses??
Did you send to each CRA the initial dispute letter??
Did you get ANY response from the CA that DOCUMENTED that they had a CURRENT business relationship with the OC??

If you did not do any of the above, then all you have done is throw $$ down thw drain without any possible benefit.
The OC is NOT obligated to "comply with your demands" in any way shape or form.

Actually, I did all of those. The only thing I did NOT do was send FULL payment to the OHCP as you suggested. I was hoping to save myself some money in this instance. The CA sent me copies of the OHCP bill and would not negotiate with me at all on PFD. When I contacted the OHCP, they kept referring me back to the CA saying they were handling the account. I was hoping to circumvent any dealings with the CA since I have gotten the same rude man on the 2 occasions that I had to contact them by telephone.

Edited by genevaz, 06 May 2012 - 03:33 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.