Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

DCU FICO scores

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chuyelchulo

chuyelchulo
  • Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

So I got my DCU EQ FICO!! 648!! It matched what ELFCU told me when I got their denial. :( But all is well, I'm happy with that score for now 7 months post BK. I assume it'll climb even higher once I lower my utilization back to about 10%, and B* all these new inquiries I just racked up car shopping. :blush2:

#2 TauntingBull

TauntingBull
  • Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

Do you just have to open a checking account with DCU to get the FICOs? Or a combination of two accounts? How hard is it to get in?

#3 itrev82

itrev82
  • Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

Took me about 15 minutes to get in. I did checking and savings. I was waiting to see if I get any preapprovals before trying for credit.

#4 TauntingBull

TauntingBull
  • Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

I really want to join DCU for the free FICOs however, I'm not sure if I will meet the free FICOs requirements.

1. Electronic Statements - No problem
2. Direct Deposit - Cant do it.
3. Credit Card - Don't wanna do it because of the extra Hard hit.

Any other way around it?

#5 muss08

muss08

Bump Influence XXXIX

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:54 AM

It seems people have had different experiences. Personally, I just joined DCU about 10 days ago with ONLY a share savings account. Once I received my member number I setup my online access. While doing this it asked me if I wanted to sign up for the free FICO, which of coures, I did. A few business days later I had it. I thought that I would have to enroll in paperless statements and get a credit card (my employer doesn't offer direct deposit) to receive the FICO but apparently with me that was not the case. I would recommend joining and see if you have similar luck. However, it will be a hard on Equifax.

#6 lakpr

lakpr
  • Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

I really want to join DCU for the free FICOs however, I'm not sure if I will meet the free FICOs requirements.

Any other way around it?

2> ACH transactions count as "direct deposit", so if you get an account at a credit union like ELFCU or Alliant, you will be able to meet this requirement easily.

3> Secured credit cards count, and no hard pull ...

#7 chuyelchulo

chuyelchulo
  • Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

Any other way around it?

Just try to join and see what happens. I got mine too after I joined, and I will having direct deposit there, but its not active yet. Also, I believe there is a way to actually buy the relationship plus checking rewards all for 5 dollars a month, worst case scenario. It's not free, but $5 isn't bad either, and it has a few other perks.

#8 Duck Bills

Duck Bills

Bump Influence XLI

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

You don't have to have a credit card with DCU to get the fico score. Just eletronic statements.

#9 itrev82

itrev82
  • Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

You don't have to have a credit card with DCU to get the fico score. Just eletronic statements.

+1

#10 lakpr

lakpr
  • Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

Also, I believe there is a way to actually buy the relationship plus checking rewards all for 5 dollars a month, worst case scenario. It's not free, but $5 isn't bad either, and it has a few other perks.

You can buy the "Relationship Plus" checking level for $5 a month? Really??? Do you mind letting me in on the secret? If true, it will earn 0.25% more on the certificates of deposit for just $5.

Here is where I am coming from: I have been laddering a few CDs with them over the years, alas the rates have gone down 1% even compared to last year ... if I can use this trick to bump the yield on a new certificate, it's the equivalent of 25% more interest over the life of the CD and greatly outweighs the $5 fee.

#11 chuyelchulo

chuyelchulo
  • Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Also, I believe there is a way to actually buy the relationship plus checking rewards all for 5 dollars a month, worst case scenario. It's not free, but $5 isn't bad either, and it has a few other perks.

You can buy the "Relationship Plus" checking level for $5 a month? Really??? Do you mind letting me in on the secret? If true, it will earn 0.25% more on the certificates of deposit for just $5.

Here is where I am coming from: I have been laddering a few CDs with them over the years, alas the rates have gone down 1% even compared to last year ... if I can use this trick to bump the yield on a new certificate, it's the equivalent of 25% more interest over the life of the CD and greatly outweighs the $5 fee.

Sorry for the misinformation, the Relationship Checking is $10/month. :blush2:
Check this link out. It explains how to essentially upgrade.

https://www.dcu.org/...ecking.html#buy

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.