Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Info needed on stipulation from UW for USDA Guaranteed Loan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KGWVU

KGWVU
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

I previously posted this in the credit forum and thought it more appropriate for this forum.

Some background - My fiance graduates Vet School this weekend and is in the process of purchasing her first home. Seeing as she is a new graduate and has no down payment, the USDA loan is very attractive. She currently has a contract with a Veterinary Hospital to begin working 6/1/2012 as a Veterinarian. She provided the notarized contract along with her paperwork for underwriting. Today, she received word back from her Mortgage Broker that the loan was approved but the underwriter is asking for 30 days of pay stubs before giving the clear to close. He said an employment contract is generally accepted for other loans and isn't sure why the UW would ask for pay stubs, other than it possibly being a mistake on the UW's part. She is currently under contract to close by 5/30.

My question, to anybody with USDA Guaranteed Loan experience, is this: Has it been your experience that an employment contract has been sufficient? Keep in mind, this contract states the annual salary and the start date of 6/1/2012.

Thanks for any assistance!

#2 Brian B The Loan Professor

Brian B The Loan Professor
  • Forum Leads
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Never -

30 days is common 1 paystub with a professional letter will sometimes be enough
but I have never heard of anyone getting a loan JUST with a letter stating they have a job lined up

#3 KGWVU

KGWVU
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

Never -

30 days is common 1 paystub with a professional letter will sometimes be enough
but I have never heard of anyone getting a loan JUST with a letter stating they have a job lined up

Hi, Brian, and thanks for your response. To expand a bit, this isn't a letter stating that a job is lined up. It's a legal employment contract. Maybe that makes no difference, but maybe it does. Thank you, again.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.