Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Ho Do I Pay for my Student Loans?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: How would you do it? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

What are you willing to do to have you Loans Paid Off?

1. Manual Labor Gigs, Like Craigslist, but payment is directly into your loans? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. "Keep The Change" Program, where every purchase you make, gets rounded to the nearest dollar, and the difference is deposited into an account that directly pays your loans? (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Other...(Please reply below with your idea" (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 FabioA

FabioA
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

The intention of this poll is to open up to ideas and generate creativity. I'm a recent graduate who currently pays $750 a month in student loans, and it's starting to become a burden. I knew I would have to pay back my loans sooner or later, but I did not realize it would take over all my spending cash after paying all my other bills. I'm trying to find ideas and ways people are doing now, and to see if there is a common goal that everyone find beneficial.

#2 JessMN

JessMN
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Well, I use upromise so any online shopping I do through them gives me a percentage back to go to my loans. they also have ecoupons and a dining program, lots of ways to earn

Edited by JessMN, 30 April 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#3 xelda

xelda
  • Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

I use Citi Forward. If you redeem the Thank You points for student loan rebates, it ends up being 5% back on all movie, music, Amazon, and restaurant purchases, and 1% on everything else.

#4 jph5125

jph5125
  • Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

If you have a really high student loan debt you could try splitting your total monthly payment into 2 payments to reduce the interest that is capitalized on the loan.
For example your loan payment of $1000 is due on the 30th:
Pay $500 by the 15th, Pay another $500 by the 30th.

#5 alexplantman

alexplantman
  • Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Relocate to another country and just say screw the student loan, lol...

#6 jmf8756

jmf8756
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

Have you looked into consolidating them or the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.