Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

BB&T Approval

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Credit-Redo

Credit-Redo
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

I have searched the forum and cannot find an answer but is BB&T safe? I needed to open up a checking and savings and thought I read somewhere that they were Chex friendly. I have 1 thing on Chexsystems from BOA and its showing as paid. On Friday I opened up a checking and savings online and received an approval. Do you think the accounts will be ok? I opened one up at US Bank as a back-up. I'm in North Carolina if that helps.

#2 l8pymts

l8pymts
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

I have searched the forum and cannot find an answer but is BB&T safe? I needed to open up a checking and savings and thought I read somewhere that they were Chex friendly. I have 1 thing on Chexsystems from BOA and its showing as paid. On Friday I opened up a checking and savings online and received an approval. Do you think the accounts will be ok? I opened one up at US Bank as a back-up. I'm in North Carolina if that helps.

I was in a similar situation having been reported to EWS/CHecksys. I applied online to BB&T for both and was approved. I held my breath for nearly 3 months waiting on a closure letter, but it never came. That was over a year ago. I simply funded the accounts via a transfer from an existing bank and never made any large deposits or wrote checks for large amounts. After 3 months I setup direct deposit thru my employer and let payroll go into that account. If I needed money, I simply used withdrawal slips from the bank or used the atm card, sparingly.

Again, I tried to stay under the radar even after I filed BK and was discharged. Two of the banks that had reported me to EWS/Chk sys were also discharged in the BK and I sent the case no showing they were filed. Checksys/Telecheck sent a letter a month later showing the entries had been deleted altogether. Maybe that's why they(BBT) didn't take adverse action when I saw where they'd checked my CR that & had pulled 2 inqquiries about 2 months apart and never closed the account.

On more thing, I have NEVER bounced a check or gone into the negative with my chking acct since it was opened.
Hope this helps and good luck.

#3 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

BB&T

URL

http://www.bbt.com/

Form of Verification used by bank

Chexsystems and EWS

Special Notes

BEWARE OF THIS BANK. They are known to approve those that apply online but will close the account at a later time if you have been reported to chexsystems or EWS. ONLY very minor reports are approved and able to maintain accounts.

Recommendations

If you have been reported to chexsystems at ALL, I do not suggest you apply for an account at this bank.

BEWARE OF THIS BANK. They are known to approve those that apply online but will close the account at a later time if you have been reported to chexsystems or EWS.

Locations

BEWARE OF THIS BANK. They are known to approve those that apply online but will close the account at a later time if you have been reported to chexsystems or EWS.

#4 Credit-Redo

Credit-Redo
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:42 AM

Thanks Mca. I just checked it and its still open but I will not do anything with it. I also opened a backup with US Bank. Are they ok or do you have any suggestions? The state is NC and I wouldn't mind if it was completely an online account.

#5 Credit-Redo

Credit-Redo
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

Ok, an update with US Bank. Because I will be using the account to deposit my earnings as an independent contractor they said it is being treated as a business account and refused to open it. Gahhh..I dont know what to do now.

#6 l8pymts

l8pymts
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

BB&T

URL

http://www.bbt.com/

Form of Verification used by bank

Chexsystems and EWS

Special Notes

BEWARE OF THIS BANK. They are known to approve those that apply online but will close the account at a later time if you have been reported to chexsystems or EWS. ONLY very minor reports are approved and able to maintain accounts.

Recommendations

If you have been reported to chexsystems at ALL, I do not suggest you apply for an account at this bank.

Locations

Yes, MCA I would still advise all to beware of the bank.lol But I'm just saying that "I" had good results and it's been about 14 months and it's still an open active account that I use and have had no problems with since opening.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.