Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Is there a chance of getting a mortgage?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sivia2003

sivia2003
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to get approved for a mortgage, The house is $83K but I only need the loan for $65K, my three credit scores are 631, 580, 555. I do have several blemishes on my credit report including a couple of judgements, but no bankruptcy. I am also self employed and have shown around $30K a year gross income for the last 3 years. Is there aby way of possibly getting approved for an FHA or other form of mortgage loan. Also I do have a cosigner that makes about $55K a year with $1500 monthly debt. Thank you for any help you may give.

#2 jmf8756

jmf8756
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

I believe for FHA your middle score has to be at least 620 but most lenders like to see 640. You might call a few brokers and see what their standards are.

You also need to look into what is causing your scores to be that low. Do you have charge offs, collections, or judgments? If so, those might need to be taken care of before getting a mortgage approval.

#3 Mortgagase

Mortgagase
  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

No chance IMO. Self employed and low scores don't work these days. Even high scores and self employed is tough. Sorry but i can't give you any words of encouragement.

#4 Brian B The Loan Professor

Brian B The Loan Professor
  • Forum Leads
  • 9,943 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

I would have to agree - some credit repair will need to happen first - if you have that much for a down payment you may need to use some of it for credit repair - you dont need that much down for fha
B

#5 boomhower1820

boomhower1820
  • Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

Are the judgements paid?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.