Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

How to prove you were deployed....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Home4Me2012

Home4Me2012
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

OK while myhusband was deployed in 2007 his mother was in control of his finances (we hadonly been dating for 6 months). His ex-wife did a number on his credit and tookout credit cards and even purchased a car in his name while deployed in 2005.So while his mother was in control of his finances in 2007 she pretty much justpaid everything. She didn't do any research, asked any questions, or even askedfor the TLs to be deleted - she just paid them.

Fast forward to now... We are trying to have some of these TLs removed from hiscredit. One of the things we have run in to are accounts opened in his namewhile deployed and going delinquent before he even returned from deployment.How can we prove his deployment?

We have his DD214 that shows the dates he was deployed but I do not think he/wehave a copy of that particular set of deployment orders. I am really hesitantat sending a copy of his DD214 because the amount of information it contains.

Any advice on this?

M

#2 jpace7

jpace7

BI Grasshopper III

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

IPERMS, HRO

Every set of orders that he has ever had will be there.

#3 Home4Me2012

Home4Me2012
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

IPERMS, HRO

Every set of orders that he has ever had will be there.

Well shucks, IPERMS not requires a CAC card to access. If we go to a local Army base (it is more of a training base than anything) do you think they can get those records? Would the DD214 be ok if we black out some of the personal information they do not need?

Megan

#4 ToddP

ToddP
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Have you spoke to your local VA? Does he have a copy of an award earned during his deployment?

#5 hektik02

hektik02
  • Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

I had a lot of my credit baddies fixed because I proved to them I was deployed. All I sent in was a copy of my deployment orders and that did the trick. Mind you, I did send email carpet bombs to all EXEC emails at each company to get a real person who could do something to help me.

#6 rossi303

rossi303
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

I know this is a late/old reply, but maybe it will help someone.

You can purchase a CAC reader online so you can access your records at home. You don't need to go to a military base to do it.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.