Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Experian False Address reporting strategy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bad.credit

bad.credit
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

How do I have a Hospital and a Parking lot address removed from my experian report? I disputed once and they just refused to delete. This has caused me so much grief as every creditor in the world sent dunning letters to this hospital in my name?..
"Posted Image Important NoteThe address in question was reported by your creditors or potential creditors or obtained from public records. If incorrect you may want to contact the source of the information directly."

These are hospital address and po boxes

Edited by bad.credit, 22 April 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#2 Home4Me2012

Home4Me2012
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

bump...

#3 bad.credit

bad.credit
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Sigh.....bump?

#4 Repairerer

Repairerer

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper IV

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Look at the identifier codes of the tradelines or records on your credit report and match them up with the addresses they are tied to.

#5 adaisyandarose

adaisyandarose
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Do you have any Public records such as a default judgement where they served you at that address and you never received it? Could it be on a Lexis Nexis report and you need to dispute it there? Do you have any of the dunning letters that list that as your address to say that you don't want to be served at that address as you may not get it? (Just thinking out loud here as a way to dispute it)

Edited by adaisyandarose, 25 April 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#6 bad.credit

bad.credit
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Student loans with a past default

#7 Repairerer

Repairerer

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

I don't know much about dealing with student loans, so you might want to ask in the student loans subforum.

If you ask them to update your address on your credit reports and stop reporting the false ones, Experian should be able to then delete the false ones.

I don't know if you are trying to lay low from the student loan folks, but they'll have to be dealt with at some point.

#8 jmf8756

jmf8756
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Look at the identifier codes of the tradelines or records on your credit report and match them up with the addresses they are tied to.

How do you do this? Experian wouldn't delete old addresses from DH's report because they said they were tied to reporting tradelines.

#9 Repairerer

Repairerer

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

How do you do this? Experian wouldn't delete old addresses from DH's report because they said they were tied to reporting tradelines.

There is an "address identification number" listed with each tradeline on the report. Then in the "addresses" section, it lists the identification number for each. In this way, you may tell which of the addresses each creditor is reporting.

#10 jmf8756

jmf8756
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

There is an "address identification number" listed with each tradeline on the report. Then in the "addresses" section, it lists the identification number for each. In this way, you may tell which of the addresses each creditor is reporting.

You are exactly right. Theoretically if an address isn't tied to a tradeline on the report they should delete it? I've gotten some tradelines removed so I'm going to try to delete those old addresses with Experian now.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.