Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Credit Building Business Credit Card

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tlorat

tlorat
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

FYI...CB Friends...www.appliedbank.com!!! If you are getting started with building business credit this is a great place to start...Got approved for the maximum limit and they offer bank accounts for businesses, too.

#2 Lorentsen

Lorentsen
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

The only problem with Applied Bank's business credit card offer, the amount of credit offered is minuscule considering they want a PG. Using a PG should be a last resort unless you are a sole proprietorship.

#3 ApacheD

ApacheD
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

Using a PG should be a last resort unless you are a sole proprietorship.

That's a pretty shortsighted viewpoint. PG is a just a tool and non-PG isn't a magic cure to solve all of your problems. If you have a real business with real income, there's nothing wrong with PG-ing a credit card. After you have built the business and credit profile up, you can simply stop using the PG'd account. All the PG says is "Hey lender, I'm so confident in what I'm going to do with the money you lend me, I'm willing to pay you back out of my own pocket if it doesn't work."

Examples of times it's probably appropriate to provide a PG:
  • You have a real business and good personal credit and either real business income or a great business plan.
  • You are applying for any kind of business loan without being in business 3-5 years.
Examples of times it's probably not appropriate to provide a PG:
  • You are building a shelf corp or other business you plan to sell to someone else in less than 3 yrs.
  • You have bad personal credit.
  • You are applying for an account that you know from others here on CB should not require a PG (gas cards, etc).
If your business with lots of non-PG'd debts fails that could be almost as bad as if your PG'd debt business fails because you are going to have a hard time trying to get your next business funded.

#4 Lorentsen

Lorentsen
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

As I said, unless you're a sole proprietorship or other non-incorporated business.

Those business that are incorporated should only PG when absolutely necessary. Keeping personal finances separate from Corporate finances is rule 101, not only to avoid creating an "corporate alter ego", but to avoid personal liability should something unfortunate ever happen during hard economic times. Bad things happen even to the most stable and well run business.

#5 Cloudboxx

Cloudboxx
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

As I said, unless you're a sole proprietorship or other non-incorporated business.

Those business that are incorporated should only PG when absolutely necessary. Keeping personal finances separate from Corporate finances is rule 101, not only to avoid creating an "corporate alter ego", but to avoid personal liability should something unfortunate ever happen during hard economic times. Bad things happen even to the most stable and well run business.

I totally agree, keeping personal finances separate from Corporate finances is a MUST!

#6 ApacheD

ApacheD
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

I think you guys are confusing PG with "co-mingling of funds", which would be stuff like paying your business bills directly out of your personal accounts or buying a fur coat for your woman out the business accounts. Those kinds of activities will dissolve your entity pretty quick in court and you'd end up paying your business debts via judgments whether you PG'd them or not. Co-mingling is bad, PG is neither good nor bad. It's just a tool.

#7 IvyMgmt

IvyMgmt
  • Members
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

No one is confusing it with co-mingling of funds you don't want to use your personal credit with business credit.. I suggest you read this board a bit more for clarity..

#8 IvyMgmt

IvyMgmt
  • Members
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

And true its a tool but a tool that should be avoided when applying and using business credit..

#9 mboggle

mboggle
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Up to a $750 credit limit?! Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 ArchonInitiative

ArchonInitiative
  • Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

Applied Bank is not a bank I would let my worst enemy do business with. This is my professional and personal opinion.

#11 b.a.d.

b.a.d.
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE FEES BEFOR YOU GET IT!!!

FYI...CB Friends...www.appliedbank.com!!! If you are getting started with building business credit this is a great place to start...Got approved for the maximum limit and they offer bank accounts for businesses, too.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.