Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Mortgage Pre-Approved (FHA)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jazzy Bmw

Jazzy Bmw
  • Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

I was pre-approved for 2/1 buy down FHA Mortgage 1st year 1.75% , 2nd year 2.75% , 3-30 years 3.75%
I am extremely Happy with the rate especially considering the fact that I filed BK in 2007 and house
was foreclosed after I didn't re-affirm and walked away. Loan amount $189,181 I live in Atlanta, Ga. :yahoo:

#2 Time To Rebuild

Time To Rebuild
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Can I ask who you worked with to get your mortgage? It sounds like you had the same situation that I did.

#3 Jazzy Bmw

Jazzy Bmw
  • Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Can I ask who you worked with to get your mortgage? It sounds like you had the same situation that I did.

I am buying through Crown Communities REMN Mortgage Co. They are having a weekend special this weekend. DId you get a good rate??

#4 Jazzy Bmw

Jazzy Bmw
  • Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

I was pre-approved for 2/1 buy down FHA Mortgage 1st year 1.75% , 2nd year 2.75% , 3-30 years 3.75%
I am extremely Happy with the rate especially considering the fact that I filed BK in 2007 and house
was foreclosed after I didn't re-affirm and walked away. Loan amount $189,181 I live in Atlanta, Ga. :yahoo:

To add I did not pay for the buy down, It is a weekend special by the lender.

#5 Wado

Wado
  • Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

I am in Atlanta and looking to buy too. I will look into this lender.

#6 Jazzy Bmw

Jazzy Bmw
  • Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

I am in Atlanta and looking to buy too. I will look into this lender.

Great!!!!!!!!!!! ALso, check out Academy Mortgage, they gave me 3.75 fixed then I went to the community and got the deal and changed lenders........... :blush2:

#7 Gwennie

Gwennie
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

So you had to buy a house in one of those communities to get the deal? Were those the best houses in the best neighborhoods? I'd be wary of a deal too good to be true. Builders in Atlanta are drowning in debt and looking to unload whatever they can. There are hundreds of communities left unfinished and unmanaged. People buy and a few years later, the HOA collapses, and the builder files bankruptcy.

#8 Jazzy Bmw

Jazzy Bmw
  • Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

So you had to buy a house in one of those communities to get the deal? Were those the best houses in the best neighborhoods? I'd be wary of a deal too good to be true. Builders in Atlanta are drowning in debt and looking to unload whatever they can. There are hundreds of communities left unfinished and unmanaged. People buy and a few years later, the HOA collapses, and the builder files bankruptcy.

[b[b]]No, I didn't have to buy in that community, That was the community I CHOSE!!!!!!!!!!!DID u even read MY GOOD NEWS outstanding community and houses are closing daily. Believe it or not builders are still building and for the record getting a good deal in today's economy is not UNCOMMON...[/b][/b]Any Hoo......Congrats to me!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

#9 Gwennie

Gwennie
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

I looked up the "finance" company you referenced. It looks like you can only use them for a select number of communities. Did I misread something?

#10 Jazzy Bmw

Jazzy Bmw
  • Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

I looked up the "finance" company you referenced. It looks like you can only use them for a select number of communities. Did I misread something?

Yes, you did misread something!!!!!!!I am HapPy!!!!!!!!!!Did you read that!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: and I can tell that you are not :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#11 Gwennie

Gwennie
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

I wasn't referring to your mood. I was referring to your financing situation. You got a deal from a developer which is not the same as getting a deal from a real bank. I can assure you the developer comes out ahead. I doubt they're running a charity.

Your personal level of satisfaction with a situation does not change the factual context.

#12 Brian B The Loan Professor

Brian B The Loan Professor
  • Forum Leads
  • 9,775 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

I wasn't referring to your mood. I was referring to your financing situation. You got a deal from a developer which is not the same as getting a deal from a real bank. I can assure you the developer comes out ahead. I doubt they're running a charity.

Your personal level of satisfaction with a situation does not change the factual context.

Please keep this civil - not sure why it is headed in the direction it appears - :wacko:
The last pay while likely true does not mean that the OP is not also coming out ahead in the process as well

#13 Jazzy Bmw

Jazzy Bmw
  • Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Please keep this civil - not sure why it is headed in the direction it appears - :wacko:
The last pay while likely true does not mean that the OP is not also coming out ahead in the process as well

Brian, Change of plans. I am going to go VA. I have uncovered some valuable information for veterans wishing to use their VA entitlement after a VA forclosure. You may not use your used portion but you most certainly have an unused portion that you may use and it is 68,000 and is called bonuse entilement and it kicks in only on purchases over 144,000 I foreclosed on VA in 09' I am buying another VA backed loan now!!! I received my COE as well as talked to a rep in the VA Eligibility dept. 1800-827-1000 and I am eligible. I think it's 2 years after a BK and 2 years after a forclosure. Brian please spread the word to all VETS who may be missing out on getting another VA loan. Feel free to ask me questions I have gained much from this board and am happy to give back!!!!!!!! 0% down and no funding fee (I am disabled vet) no P>M>I> yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: *New mortgage company but moving into same House/community Academy Mortgage

Edited by Jazzy Bmw, 06 May 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#14 alexplantman

alexplantman
  • Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

Op , how much did you stiff.. ahem, I mean walk away owing to the original bank on the foreclosure?

#15 Jazzy Bmw

Jazzy Bmw
  • Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Op , how much did you stiff.. ahem, I mean walk away owing to the original bank on the foreclosure?

HA HA, LOL $200,000 :swoon:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.