Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

reported to Chex and EWS by wells fargo... Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RichDash

RichDash
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Well, a couple years ago I had a personal and business account with Wells Fargo. At the time I tried to close my personal account I did not have a current valid ID. They wouldn't close the account for me. My account was a high balance account which I had to transfer funds out of so I started getting charged $50 a month. I tried closing the account twice since I was not able to get a new ID at the time and they just wouldn't close it. After six months of paying the $50 monthly I finally decided to talk to the business banker about it. He was really nice and went into the computer and told me not to worry that he would switch the account over to a standard account and reverse a ton of the monthly charges that I had been paying on the account I didn't want! After that I just ignored any mail with that name on it as I used my business account. I know that was a bad move... Fast forward to now.... Well i tried to open a credit union account and got told I was on Chex, I went to wells fargo to talk to the business banker but he is now no longer with the company. The brance guy was nice but got me on the phone with someone who offered to settle the account but said he wouldn't delete chex. He then advised that I not accept his offer to settle the account! I told him that I agree and I would not take his offer and asked for a manager. I never got a call back...

Does anyone have advice on what I should do? I mailed a Dispute to chex and I guess i Should mail a dispute to EWS as well?.

Edited by RichDash, 20 April 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#2 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Well, a couple years ago I had a personal and business account with Wells Fargo. At the time I tried to close my personal account I did not have a current valid ID. They wouldn't close the account for me. My account was a high balance account which I had to transfer funds out of so I started getting charged $50 a month. I tried closing the account twice since I was not able to get a new ID at the time and they just wouldn't close it. After six months of paying the $50 monthly I finally decided to talk to the business banker about it. He was really nice and went into the computer and told me not to worry that he would switch the account over to a standard account and reverse a ton of the monthly charges that I had been paying on the account I didn't want! After that I just ignored any mail with that name on it as I used my business account. I know that was a bad move... Fast forward to now.... Well i tried to open a credit union account and got told I was on Chex, I went to wells fargo to talk to the business banker but he is now no longer with the company. The brance guy was nice but got me on the phone with someone who offered to settle the account but said he wouldn't delete chex. He then advised that I not accept his offer to settle the account! I told him that I agree and I would not take his offer and asked for a manager. I never got a call back...

Does anyone have advice on what I should do? I mailed a Dispute to chex and I guess i Should mail a dispute to EWS as well?.

How old is your report? Never agree to a PFD unless you get something in writing. Many times paying on an account can cause you to be reported an additional 5 yrs

#3 RichDash

RichDash
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Its not too old, its from the end of 2010. I would never pay unless it was deleted and written out but I am trying to figure out what to do. I would like to buy a house in the next year and need a bank account to do so.

#4 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Its not too old, its from the end of 2010. I would never pay unless it was deleted and written out but I am trying to figure out what to do. I would like to buy a house in the next year and need a bank account to do so.

we had the same situation years and years ago when we needed to buy a home. up until then, we cashed our checks. At the time, we went to FSNB that used nothing to open an account and everyone was approved. Now they use a credit report but I do believe most are still approved at FSNB. We also later opened one at USAA but they are now using EWS and there are rumors that they have just started to use chexsystems. Another good one that we tried was ING .. but you have to establish an account at another bank before you can open one at ING.

What is your zip code?

#5 RichDash

RichDash
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

My zip code is 95827

#6 Repairerer

Repairerer

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper IV

• Members
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

There are rumors that USAA started to use Chexsystems? This is terrible news.

(Sorry for the tangent OP, good luck)

#7 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

My zip code is 95827

Have you tried an "in store" location of US BANK?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.