Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

My Chevron/Texaco universal MC card is net 30

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 vtt

vtt
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Ihave applied for this universal Business MC twice in teh past years, and each time its a Net 30..
I have called and aid "on your app . I marked that I applied for a Revolving Mstercard that can be used anywhere" and they ay " we do not have any such thing"!! I have many other Revolving gas cards ( Shell, Union 76). etc and Bank cards, so that is not the problem
does it depend on who the Underwriter is?

#2 RepoMan31

RepoMan31
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

I really don't know if it matters who the underwriter is but I got the same MC from them and then asked for the Revolving MC and my rep called me back the next day and she said that i was approved for it and it was being sent out and would receive next week. So, if you think that its your underwriter then please call Kelli Caston with them and ask her for help with this. She is a really nice person to deal with.

#3 stroked89coupe

stroked89coupe

Troll Patrol

• Mod Squad
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

I don't know ANY FLEET CARD that is revolving. None! Their are cards that are revolving and they are usually issued by CITI or another majior Creditor and only apply to personal credit/fuel cards. It may be a universal mastercard meaning they can accept it at parts and fuel locations that have their merchant accounts coded as such.

For instance you could bring the universal mastercard to oreilly's or auto zone and use it their. While the regular fleet card you cannot. Thats all the unniversal card means. If you have a revolving fuel card then it is not a business card. I know for a fact fleetcor or WEX does not offer a revolving fleet card. WEX was testing the idea about a year ago and it was by invitation only. It was not advertised but somhow ended up on here and they were dening everyone who applied and saying that this offer was by invitation only.

If anyone has a revolving universal fuel card please let me know where to apply because I am getting that damn thing.

Edited by stroked89coupe, 22 April 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#4 Lorentsen

Lorentsen
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Ihave applied for this universal Business MC twice in teh past years, and each time its a Net 30..
I have called and aid "on your app . I marked that I applied for a Revolving Mstercard that can be used anywhere" and they ay " we do not have any such thing"!! I have many other Revolving gas cards ( Shell, Union 76). etc and Bank cards, so that is not the problem

I believe FleetCor underwrites that parcticular card.

#5 sully1975

sully1975
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

http://www.fuelman.c...comparison.aspx

#6 Lorentsen

Lorentsen
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

http://www.fuelman.c...comparison.aspx

Our company uses Fuelman for our fleet services. Besides owning Fuelman, FleetCor also underwrites for BP, Chevron, CITGO and ARCO brand cards.

#7 sully1975

sully1975
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

http://www.csifleetfuelcard.com/

#8 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

I don't know ANY FLEET CARD that is revolving. None! Their are cards that are revolving and they are usually issued by CITI or another majior Creditor and only apply to personal credit/fuel cards. It may be a universal mastercard meaning they can accept it at parts and fuel locations that have their merchant accounts coded as such.

For instance you could bring the universal mastercard to oreilly's or auto zone and use it their. While the regular fleet card you cannot. Thats all the unniversal card means. If you have a revolving fuel card then it is not a business card. I know for a fact fleetcor or WEX does not offer a revolving fleet card. WEX was testing the idea about a year ago and it was by invitation only. It was not advertised but somhow ended up on here and they were dening everyone who applied and saying that this offer was by invitation only.

If anyone has a revolving universal fuel card please let me know where to apply because I am getting that damn thing.

I have to disagree with you stroke. I have a 1800 credit limit with Citi Shell Fleet card and it is a revolving gas card. Matter of a fact, I just got the statement and it says balance and min amount due. So, it is indeed a revolving fleet card.

#9 sully1975

sully1975
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

I think your definitions of fleet cards are different from each other. Hence the disagreement.

I have a Citi Shell and it can buy gas at a Shell and a service at a Jiffy Lube. My Wex Wawa is a Wright Express Universal and can gas up almost anywhere and is a net 26 only.

My gas cards are Shell. Sunoco, Exxon-Mobil. Citgo, & BP. My true fleet cards are Wright Express and the Fuelman card. In my definition, a fleet card can be used in many locations, a gas card at only where it is branded for.

#10 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

I think your definitions of fleet cards are different from each other. Hence the disagreement.

I have a Citi Shell and it can buy gas at a Shell and a service at a Jiffy Lube. My Wex Wawa is a Wright Express Universal and can gas up almost anywhere and is a net 26 only.

My gas cards are Shell. Sunoco, Exxon-Mobil. Citgo, & BP. My true fleet cards are Wright Express and the Fuelman card. In my definition, a fleet card can be used in many locations, a gas card at only where it is branded for.

Good morning Sully,

I am not sure who has the incorrect definition. So let me indicate what it states on the card which I was offered. It says: Fleet Card at the top by the Shell icon. So, I am sure, without any doubt, that my card is a revolving Shell Fleet card. I also can purchase any repairs, gas, or snacks from an authorized location within their network.

#11 sully1975

sully1975
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

My interpretation is what the card actually allows you to do, not that it says corporate, business, fleet, etc... on it. As I said before and often, I could be in error of understanding it.

#12 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Yes, I understand there are a lot of variations.... I know that I have a personal shell gas card and a Fleet card. To be honest, I think that my personal card helped me become pre-approved for the fleet card because an email was sent to my personal email addy and not the biz addy. But yeah, I have both cards.

#13 Lorentsen

Lorentsen
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Chevron and Texaco Universal Business MC is a Net 30 account, it is not revolving.

#14 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Yes, the Chevron Texaco Fleet MC is a net account. However, Citi does offer a Shell Fleet card product that is revolving. It can be used for misc in-store items and repair services at contracted locations. Now, from doing a little research on the topic, I was able to find information about the Chevron Texaco Fleet MC initially being a net account, but being switched to a revolving account upon request, but that post was old. So, I am assuming that that product may no longer exist or would have been offered from the creditor itself.

If you are looking for a revolving fleet gas card, then I would highly recommend the Shell Fleet card because it gives discounted gas at the tank and they are offering a $50 statement credit for two months. Most importantly, it is a revolving account.

#15 RepoMan31

RepoMan31
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

disnugaswagg please tell me how you got the Shell Fleet card with business liability only when you have to fill out the application and fax or mail it back in and it clearly states that you must have one of the following to be able to have business liability only.

1. Corporation with more than $1 million annual sales and in business for at least 3 years

2. Government entity, or

3. Nonprofit organization

So my question is how did you get past this or did you PG it because if you did PG it then doesn't that take away from the building business credit Idea of keeping your personal from your business seperate. Please let me know because I would like to get this card as well. I like the Idea of it being a revolving instead of a Net account. I also am trying to figure out someone says that they have a Net 30 Chevron account because I thought they were all a Net 15 but if not please explain this as well. Thanks, Frankie

#16 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Well Frankie, I was a member on the personal side for a few years and I received an email stating that I was pre-approval for the Fleet card with a code. Simply gave the code and verified my business information and I was given the terms of the card. Now, it is important to remember that all creditors will always have that "gray" area of approval. So, you may sometimes find yourself not having to PG for a revolving line of credit because of different situations. With that mentioned, I believed that I was approved for the product because of my past business relationship with that particular type of card/company. Thats also why it is very important to have a stable personal credit file as well.

Now as far as PG for credit accounts: I would never agree that one should always focus on obtaining credit products without the possibility of being a personal guarantor, because if you have noticed, most major lending prime companies will require it in today's market. Most importantly, I have no problems with securing my business because I stand behind it just as the things Ive acquired through my personal credit. However, I strongly agree that the buying/spending part should always remain separate. Meaning, I do not use my personal credit cards for my business. They should always remain separate, well at least in my beliefs, but you do have some that would argue the contrary.

Also Frankie, you must remember that obtaining revolving lines of business credit is like fine wine. You first have to have decent credit, then you have to have enough business credit/trade-lines that shows a history of your spending habits. Yes, it is okay to go and grab net accounts, but remember that many revolving lines of credits will base their approvals off Equifax and Experian business reports and by adding a lot of net accounts on those reports at one time will kill your score. It is important to also note that the information here on CB is projected. We can never determine where, how, who these accounts will report to because much of our information is on a personal experience. I have learned that the reporting practices of each company varies by state specific and product type. For instance, some business owners has stated that UPS does not report any longer, but for my business, I just recently discovered that they are on my Experian and Equifax files.

Finally, the thing about net accounts. Net accounts can be 7, 15, 30, 60 and so on.... Again, I have learned that this is determined by various reports that underwriters uses when deciding the terms and conditions of the approval. Therefore, it is very likely to come across posts where BO were able to get the Chevron Texaco Univ MC as a net 15, 30, or revolving account. Again, there is the "gray area".

#17 Lorentsen

Lorentsen
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

I also am trying to figure out someone says that they have a Net 30 Chevron account because I thought they were all a Net 15 but if not please explain this as well. Thanks, Frankie

PG or no PG, Net 7, Net 30 or Revolving and so on, all these things are guidelines. Ultimately it all depends on the relationship a business has with a creditor (in this case a fuel program) and that comes down to business needs, credit history, amount of purchases, length of relationship and other factors.

#18 Panhead

Panhead
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

Repo man! On the shell app..... 2nd gray box (there are 6 gray boxes) the last words in that box say "business liability application" click on it! Print it out! Fax it in! Don't pay any attention to what they require! It's just there way of scaring you into a pg...... 90% of these clowns say they require a pg but WILL approve w/o one, all there trying to do is manipulate you into signing one! Be aggressive!!!! I got that shell card 6 mos after I got my paydex....

#19 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

Panhead, I agree. I got my Shell and Amazon before I even had a paydex. LOL. I just recently received my paydex a few weeks ago. Again, I think that it has a lot to do with Blended reports that underwriters can obtain from EQ and EX. Citibank called last week with a pre-approved offer, so hopefully I will have some good news to report soon.

#20 KYBOSH

KYBOSH
  • Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Repo man! On the shell app..... 2nd gray box (there are 6 gray boxes) the last words in that box say "business liability application" click on it! Print it out! Fax it in! Don't pay any attention to what they require! It's just there way of scaring you into a pg...... 90% of these clowns say they require a pg but WILL approve w/o one, all there trying to do is manipulate you into signing one! Be aggressive!!!! I got that shell card 6 mos after I got my paydex....

I like your agressive style of apping.

Not sure about that 90% figure though.

#21 stroked89coupe

stroked89coupe

Troll Patrol

• Mod Squad
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

Exactly my experience. I have apped and not met the guidelines many times but still got the approval. Its all about the credit file.

#22 stroked89coupe

stroked89coupe

Troll Patrol

• Mod Squad
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

I have to disagree with you stroke. I have a 1800 credit limit with Citi Shell Fleet card and it is a revolving gas card. Matter of a fact, I just got the statement and it says balance and min amount due. So, it is indeed a revolving fleet card.

Im going to kill you for not letting me know about this sooner. Im going to apply for it now.

#23 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

Im going to kill you for not letting me know about this sooner. Im going to apply for it now.

HA! I made a post about it when I was first approved! lol.

#24 RepoMan31

RepoMan31
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

So has it been determined with out a doubt that Shell does offer the Fleet Card for business's that is a revolving card or not. Someone please advise me on this one before I apply to them so that I make sure I'm applying for the right card. Thanks, Frankie

#25 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

Yes, the Shell Fleet card is a revolving card. Simply ask the agent to make sure that you are applying for the correct card. I did my application with a live person.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.