Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

OC and CRA will not remove Medical Collection

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 credithelp1964

credithelp1964
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Please help. I have follow Whychat HIPPA instruction on disputing medical collection with no success. I have one collection that is currently outside of the SOL. The OC would not send me any validation of the account after I disputed with CRA. I sent a copy of the return receipt with my second letter to the CRA and advised them the OC did not respond to my request. The CRA said he validated the account as mine as well as update the account on my credit report. I need help on what steps should I take next.

#2 epsol

epsol
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Ok I'm starting out on this as well, but I think you should list the steps you have done already, to give others more of an idea of where you are at, you might want to also mention if this is paid or unpaid. I am under the impression that the ca has to verify and not the OC as they shouldn't be the one reporting to the CRAs. I would definitely wait until the more experienced people respond in here though.

#3 credithelp1964

credithelp1964
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

Please help. I have follow Whychat HIPPA instruction on disputing medical collection with no success. I have one collection that is currently outside of the SOL. The OC would not send me any validation of the account after I disputed with CRA. I sent a copy of the return receipt with my second letter to the CRA and advised them the OC did not respond to my request. The CRA said he validated the account as mine as well as update the account on my credit report. I need help on what steps should I take next. One thing I forgot to include is this collection was put on my Equifax report a year and a half after the SOL had expired. I used the Whychat HIPPA letters ad directed.

1. Disputed with the CRA (Equifax). They validated and instructed me to contact OC/CA.
2. Send DV letter to OC/CA. They did not reply with a validion, but updated on my report.
3. Sent follow up HIPPA letter to CRA (Equifax)requesting the send me name of the person validating the account along with a copy of the letter and the green card from the letter sent to the OC/CA. They validated again and send the same instruction to contact OC/CA. Then they updated on my report.

#4 credithelp1964

credithelp1964
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

Please help. I have follow Whychat HIPPA instruction on disputing medical collection with no success. I have one collection that is currently outside of the SOL. The OC would not send me any validation of the account after I disputed with CRA. I sent a copy of the return receipt with my second letter to the CRA and advised them the OC did not respond to my request. The CRA said he validated the account as mine as well as update the account on my credit report. I need help on what steps should I take next. One thing I forgot to include is this collection was put on my Equifax report a year and a half after the SOL had expired. I used the Whychat HIPPA letters ad directed.

1. Disputed with the CRA (Equifax). They validated and instructed me to contact OC/CA.
2. Send DV letter to OC/CA. They did not reply with a validion, but updated on my report.
3. Sent follow up HIPPA letter to CRA (Equifax)requesting the send me name of the person validating the account along with a copy of the letter and the green card from the letter sent to the OC/CA. They validated again and send the same instruction to contact OC/CA. Then they updated on my report.

There is a balance of $344

Whychat can you help?

#5 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Please help. I have follow Whychat HIPPA instruction on disputing medical collection with no success. I have one collection that is currently outside of the SOL. The OC would not send me any validation of the account after I disputed with CRA. I sent a copy of the return receipt with my second letter to the CRA and advised them the OC did not respond to my request. The CRA said he validated the account as mine as well as update the account on my credit report. I need help on what steps should I take next.

I do not believe you have followed my "HIPAA instructions" I do not see any post from you prior to this one

Did you opt out??
http://www.whychat.5...OPTOUTINST.HTML

Did you get old addresses deleted if possible??

Did you send each CRA where this account is reporting this??
http://www.whychat.5.../hipaadisp.html

There is nothing in the HIPAA letter program that requires you to "validate" with the OC.

The medical DV should be sent to the reporting CA IF your initial dispute letter does not get you a deletion.
http://www.whychat.5...cavalhipaa.html

#6 credithelp1964

credithelp1964
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

I do not believe you have followed my "HIPAA instructions" I do not see any post from you prior to this one

Did you opt out??

There is nothing in the HIPAA letter program that requires you to "validate" with the OC.

The medical DV should be sent to the reporting CA IF your initial dispute letter does not get you a deletion.

Here is a copy of the letter that was sent and they continue to update and verify the account

Adventist Florida Hospital
900 Winderley Pl Ste 2100
Maitland, FL 32751-4191

December 3, 2011

CMRR# 7011-1570-0001-5653-XXXX

Re: Acct #

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to your recent fraudulent verification of an unknown medical account on my Equifax report.

This is not a refusal to pay, but a notice that your claim is disputed.

Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), I have the right to request validation of the debt you say I owe you. I am requesting proof that I am indeed the party you are asking to pay this debt, and there is some contractual obligation which is binding on me to pay this debt.

Please attach copies of:
The agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt, or proof of acquisition by purchase or assignment and authorization under subtitle D of the ARRA, SEC. 13401. APPLICATION OF SECURITY PROVISIONS AND PENALTIES TO BUSINESS ASSOCIATES OF COVERED ENTITIES; and SEC. 13407(1) BREACH OF SECURITY.—The term ‘‘breach of security’’ means, with respect to unsecured PHR identifiable health information of an individual in a personal health record, acquisition of such information without the authorization of the individual. Please note that enforcement of penalties against you is covered under the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009 and the penalty rules of the FCRA and FACTA including FACT Act changes final rules effective July 1, 2010. .

Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he or she agreed to pay the creditor and as this is a medical account a copy of any HIPAA authorization.
Please also be advised that this letter is not only a formal dispute, but a request that you cease and desist any and all collection activities, including reporting of; or verifying of this account on my credit reports.

Your receipt of this letter will be considered as having granted consent to the taping of any and all telephone calls to me at my home or business by you or your agents or assigns.

I require compliance with the terms and conditions of this letter within 30 days or a complete withdrawal, in writing, of any claim.

In the event of noncompliance, I reserve the right to file charges and/or complaints with the OCR on your HIPAA violations and appropriate County, State & Federal authorities, the BBB and State Bar associations for violations of the FDCPA, FCRA, and Federal and State statutes on fraudulent extortion and illegal collection activities on any account that may be time-barred as well as in violation of State of Florida medical privacy rules.

I also hereby reserve my right to take private civil action against you to recover damages.

Sincerely,

#7 Skywench

Skywench
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Did you opt out??

Here is a copy of the letter that was sent and they continue to update and verify the account

Adventist Florida Hospital
900 Winderley Pl Ste 2100
Maitland, FL 32751-4191

December 3, 2011

CMRR# 7011-1570-0001-5653-XXXX

Re: Acct #

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to your recent fraudulent verification of an unknown medical account on my Equifax report.

This is not a refusal to pay, but a notice that your claim is disputed.

Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), I have the right to request validation of the debt you say I owe you. I am requesting proof that I am indeed the party you are asking to pay this debt, and there is some contractual obligation which is binding on me to pay this debt.

Please attach copies of:
The agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt, or proof of acquisition by purchase or assignment and authorization under subtitle D of the ARRA, SEC. 13401. APPLICATION OF SECURITY PROVISIONS AND PENALTIES TO BUSINESS ASSOCIATES OF COVERED ENTITIES; and SEC. 13407(1) BREACH OF SECURITY.—The term ‘‘breach of security’’ means, with respect to unsecured PHR identifiable health information of an individual in a personal health record, acquisition of such information without the authorization of the individual. Please note that enforcement of penalties against you is covered under the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009 and the penalty rules of the FCRA and FACTA including FACT Act changes final rules effective July 1, 2010. .

Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he or she agreed to pay the creditor and as this is a medical account a copy of any HIPAA authorization.
Please also be advised that this letter is not only a formal dispute, but a request that you cease and desist any and all collection activities, including reporting of; or verifying of this account on my credit reports.

Your receipt of this letter will be considered as having granted consent to the taping of any and all telephone calls to me at my home or business by you or your agents or assigns.

I require compliance with the terms and conditions of this letter within 30 days or a complete withdrawal, in writing, of any claim.

In the event of noncompliance, I reserve the right to file charges and/or complaints with the OCR on your HIPAA violations and appropriate County, State & Federal authorities, the BBB and State Bar associations for violations of the FDCPA, FCRA, and Federal and State statutes on fraudulent extortion and illegal collection activities on any account that may be time-barred as well as in violation of State of Florida medical privacy rules.

I also hereby reserve my right to take private civil action against you to recover damages.

Sincerely,

Credithelp,

Who is reporting the debt on your credit report? Adventist Florida Hospital or a collection agency? Because if it is NOT Adventist Florida Hospital, I'm pretty sure Why Chat is saying you're sending the above letter to the wrong place. It needs to go the collection agency.

-Skywench

#8 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

If you sent this letter to the OC then you have NOT in any way shape or form followed the instructions for the HIPAA letter program.

Start over

Opt out
Delete old addresses

Send each CRA ( Credit reporting agency) using REAL reports,To order, visit annualcreditreport.com,or call 1-877-322-8228 , the initial dispute letter
Once you have the results from doing all of the above, you can come back to this post for further directions

#9 credithelp1964

credithelp1964
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

If you sent this letter to the OC then you have NOT in any way shape or form followed the instructions for the HIPAA letter program.

Start over

Opt out
Delete old addresses

Send each CRA ( Credit reporting agency) using REAL reports,To order, visit annualcreditreport.com,or call 1-877-322-8228 , the initial dispute letter
Once you have the results from doing all of the above, you can come back to this post for further directions

Adventist Florida Hospitsl is the one reporting. It was being reported by a collection agency but that one was removed then the hospital started reporting last year. All of the old addresses have been deleted.

Edited by credithelp1964, 05 April 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#10 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Start over

Opt out
Delete old addresses

Adventist Florida Hospitsl is the one reporting. It was being reported by a collection agency but that one was removed then the hospital started reporting last year. All of the old addresses have been deleted.

A health care provider can NOT report directly to your credit reports. Check your report more carefully, it MUST be reported by a CA

#11 credithelp1964

credithelp1964
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

Start over

Opt out
Delete old addresses

A health care provider can NOT report directly to your credit reports. Check your report more carefully, it MUST be reported by a CA

Adventist Hospital is reporting from a different office and not directly from the hospital. The actual name of the hopital is Florida Hospital. This is directly from my Equifax report. They have change the address to the actual hospital address after updating again.
ADVENTIST FLORIDA HOSPITAL

601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
ORLANDO, FL-32803
(404) 303-6611

Account Number:

AHS SUNBE-1579XXXX

Account Owner:

High Credit:

$344

Type of Account :

Open

Credit Limit:

Term Duration:

Terms Frequency:

Date Opened:

02/2006

Balance:

$344

Date Reported:

03/2012

Amount Past Due:

$344

Date of Last Payment:

Actual Payment Amount:

Scheduled Payment Amount:

Date of Last Activity:

N/A

Date Major Delinquency First Reported:

Months Reviewed:

Creditor Classification:

Medical/Health Care

Activity Designator:

N/A

Charge Off Amount:

Deferred Payment Start Date:

Balloon Payment Amount:

Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed:

Type of Loan:

Medical Debt

Date of First Delinquency:

11/2006

Comments:

Medical,
Consumer disputes after resolution

Edited by credithelp1964, 07 April 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#12 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Start over

Opt out
Delete old addresses

Adventist Hospital is reporting from a different office and not directly from the hospital. The actual name of the hopital is Florida Hospital. This is directly from my Equifax report. They have change the address to the actual hospital address after updating again.

601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
ORLANDO, FL-32803
(404) 303-6611

Account Number:

AHS SUNBE-1579XXXX

Account Owner:

High Credit:

$344

Type of Account :

Open

Credit Limit:

Term Duration:

Terms Frequency:

Date Opened:

02/2006

Balance:

$344

Date Reported:

03/2012

Amount Past Due:

$344

Date of Last Payment:

Actual Payment Amount:

Date of Last Activity:

N/A

Months Reviewed:

Creditor Classification:

Medical/Health Care

Activity Designator:

N/A

Charge Off Amount:

Balloon Payment Amount:

Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed:

Type of Loan:

Medical Debt

11/2006

Comments:

Medical,

??? Is this reporting the same way on ALL your reports??

Call the CRA and ask them to abide by the rules that medical accounts can NOT identify the namne of the Health Care Provider.

#13 credithelp1964

credithelp1964
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Start over

Opt out
Delete old addresses

601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
ORLANDO, FL-32803
(404) 303-6611

Account Number:

AHS SUNBE-1579XXXX

Account Owner:

High Credit:

$344

Type of Account :

Open

Credit Limit:

Term Duration:

Terms Frequency:

Date Opened:

02/2006

Balance:

$344

Date Reported:

03/2012

Amount Past Due:

$344

Date of Last Payment:

Actual Payment Amount:

Date of Last Activity:

N/A

Months Reviewed:

Creditor Classification:

Medical/Health Care

Activity Designator:

N/A

Charge Off Amount:

Balloon Payment Amount:

Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed:

Type of Loan:

Medical Debt

11/2006

Comments:

Medical,

Call the CRA and ask them to abide by the rules that medical accounts can NOT identify the namne of the Health Care Provider.

This is only reporting on Equifax

#14 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Start over

Opt out
Delete old addresses

601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
ORLANDO, FL-32803
(404) 303-6611

Account Number:

AHS SUNBE-1579XXXX

Account Owner:

High Credit:

$344

Type of Account :

Open

Credit Limit:

Term Duration:

Terms Frequency:

Date Opened:

02/2006

Balance:

$344

Date Reported:

03/2012

Amount Past Due:

$344

Date of Last Payment:

Actual Payment Amount:

Date of Last Activity:

N/A

Months Reviewed:

Creditor Classification:

Medical/Health Care

Activity Designator:

N/A

Charge Off Amount:

Balloon Payment Amount:

Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed:

Type of Loan:

Medical Debt

11/2006

Comments:

Medical,

The FCRA prohibits ANY health care facility from directly reporting to a CRA. Your report should ONLY state the name of the facility to YOU-- everyone else must only see "medical account". Look on your Eq report and look for the address for that account, if it is the Hospital address, then file a complaint with the FTC against Eq. for reporting the name of the Health Care Provider in contravention of the FCRA:

Medical Information Protections: Any medical information in a consumer report must be coded to obscure the specific healthcare provider and the nature of medical services provided

http://www.whychat.5u.com/hipaaftccomp.html

Send a copy to Eq. and MAKE SURE you include this:

"I reserve the right to take further action including filing appropriate complaints with the OCR on HIPAA violations, the (name of your State)'s Attorney General under the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009. ( your State) 's consumer protection agencies, the BBB and to take civil action to recover damages. ".

#15 credithelp1964

credithelp1964
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Start over

Opt out
Delete old addresses

601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
ORLANDO, FL-32803
(404) 303-6611

Account Number:

AHS SUNBE-1579XXXX

Account Owner:

High Credit:

$344

Type of Account :

Open

Credit Limit:

Term Duration:

Terms Frequency:

Date Opened:

02/2006

Balance:

$344

Date Reported:

03/2012

Amount Past Due:

$344

Date of Last Payment:

Actual Payment Amount:

Date of Last Activity:

N/A

Months Reviewed:

Creditor Classification:

Medical/Health Care

Activity Designator:

N/A

Charge Off Amount:

Balloon Payment Amount:

Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed:

Type of Loan:

Medical Debt

11/2006

Comments:

Medical,

The FCRA prohibits ANY health care facility from directly reporting to a CRA. Your report should ONLY state the name of the facility to YOU-- everyone else must only see "medical account". Look on your Eq report and look for the address for that account, if it is the Hospital address, then file a complaint with the FTC against Eq. for reporting the name of the Health Care Provider in contravention of the FCRA:

Medical Information Protections: Any medical information in a consumer report must be coded to obscure the specific healthcare provider and the nature of medical services provided

"I reserve the right to take further action including filing appropriate complaints with the OCR on HIPAA violations, the (name of your State)'s Attorney General under the penalty rules of the HITECH Act as issued 11/30/2009. ( your State) 's consumer protection agencies, the BBB and to take civil action to recover damages. ".

Thank you

#16 credithelp1964

credithelp1964
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Start over

Opt out
Delete old addresses

601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
ORLANDO, FL-32803
(404) 303-6611

Account Number:

AHS SUNBE-1579XXXX

Account Owner:

High Credit:

$344

Type of Account :

Open

Credit Limit:

Term Duration:

Terms Frequency:

Date Opened:

02/2006

Balance:

$344

Date Reported:

03/2012

Amount Past Due:

$344

Date of Last Payment:

Actual Payment Amount:

Date of Last Activity:

N/A

Months Reviewed:

Creditor Classification:

Medical/Health Care

Activity Designator:

N/A

Charge Off Amount:

Balloon Payment Amount:

Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed:

Type of Loan:

Medical Debt

11/2006

Comments:

Medical,

Thank you

Just got a reply from the hospital legal department requesting me to provide them with information. They are requesting ID, Copy of lease, copy of bills or police report for fraud. Which I do have a fraud report. How should I reply to their letter? I have 10 days.

#17 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

Just got a reply from the hospital legal department requesting me to provide them with information. They are requesting ID, Copy of lease, copy of bills or police report for fraud. Which I do have a fraud report. How should I reply to their letter? I have 10 days.

Copy of lease??

OK, you screwed up the HIPAA letter program and somehow got involved with the ID theft/fraud Dept. of the hospital.

As I understand it, the account is ONLY reporting to 1 CRA??

Send them proof of your identity, send them a copy of the credit report ( with all other accounts masked)

Tell them that you are not claiming fraud, but a violation of your medical privacy under HIPAA and the Fair Credit Reporting Act

Tell them that they are in violation of the FTC for directly reporting a medical account to the CRA.

Medical Information Protections: Any medical information in a consumer report must be coded to obscure the specific healthcare provider and the nature of medical services provided.

Edited by Why Chat, 03 May 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#18 credithelp1964

credithelp1964
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Copy of lease??

OK, you screwed up the HIPAA letter program and somehow got involved with the ID theft/fraud Dept. of the hospital.

Send them proof of your identity, send them a copy of the credit report ( with all other accounts masked)

Tell them that you are not claiming fraud, but a violation of your medical privacy under HIPAA and the Fair Credit Reporting Act

Tell them that they are in violation of the FTC for directly reporting a medical account to the CRA.

Medical Information Protections: Any medical information in a consumer report must be coded to obscure the specific healthcare provider and the nature of medical services provided.

One other question. Can they continue to update the account after the SOL?

#19 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

Copy of lease??

Yes, the "SOL" is the time limit they have for SUING you, they can report for up to 7 years and continue collection activities forever unless you properly dispute and notify them .

#20 credithelp1964

credithelp1964
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Copy of lease??

Yes, the "SOL" is the time limit they have for SUING you, they can report for up to 7 years and continue collection activities forever unless you properly dispute and notify them .

Yes, they asked for a copy of a lease.

#21 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,918 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Copy of lease??

Yes, they asked for a copy of a lease.

Have you opted out??

Have you sent a dispute to the CRAs?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.