Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Another confused noob

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tigman

Tigman
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hi,
I am trying to clean up my wife's credit to buy a house.I am going through a short sale on a home in my name only so my credits going to be shot for a while.
I've been reading this site for about a week and it seems like every day I read that I should do something different for my next step. She was already on the opt out and we called the cra's to try and get some old info removed. We paid 2 tax liens on her CR's 2 days ago which I then disputed with the CRA's (the amounts were wrong too).Today I mailed out 4 VA letters to CA's regarding the 6 collection accounts on her CR's.
My next step was going to be to either send out blanket disputes to the CA's or send out the appropriate letters to all negative accounts like it says to do for the triage on Doc's seminars. Every time I think im on the right path I read something that discourages me. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Here is a summary of my wifes CR's. Im only listing the negative accounts. Ive had her on the right path for a couple years now and in the last 6 months have gotten he 3 CCs that are in good standings.

CLOSED:

Capital One $0, Pays as agreed, 90 days late, 09/2005
First Premier $407 CO, 06/2009
HSBC BEST BUY ( Listed with dif account #s to 2 dif CA"s) $0 Pays as agreed ,90 days late ,10/2007
Huntington National Bank $0, pays as agreed, 30 days late twice, 10/2007
LVNV LLC CA $648 Reported 02/2012
US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION $0 (Paid Collection) ,120 day late, 1/2007

COLLECTONS:

ENHANCED RECOVERY COMPANY ,$0, 7/2010
ENHANCED RECOVERY COMPANY,$1468 , 06/200
ARC INC $137 , 09/2007
CPA $427, 09/2007
CPA $1367 07/2009
LNVN Doesnt list balance 1/2012 ( same account listed in closed accounts)

PUBLIC RECORDS:
Both Recently paid but only totaled $332
TAX LIENS $675
TAX LIENS $371

I would like to settle the collections and remove as much of this as possible.

THANKS!

#2 CB Owners

CB Owners
  • Mod Squad
  • 13,071 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Welcome to CreditBoards! We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free
    to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section.
    Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part! It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the bottom of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, breeze
CB Mods: CargoJon, Chris in OK, cotterpin, CramItCCCAs, Fallon, MarvBear, CtSoxFan, pryan67, psp, Stryker, TrevorHere
Forum Leads: brazen, Brian B The Loan Professor, cedski, DallasLoanGuy, hoapres, ICANHASMUNY?, Lighthouse84, Linx04, TeeSharice

#3 CB Owners

CB Owners
  • Mod Squad
  • 13,071 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Welcome to CreditBoards! We hope that you find what you're looking for here.

Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free
    to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section.
    Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part! It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the bottom of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family!

CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, breeze
CB Mods: CargoJon, Chris in OK, cotterpin, CramItCCCAs, Fallon, MarvBear, CtSoxFan, pryan67, psp, Stryker, TrevorHere
Forum Leads: brazen, Brian B The Loan Professor, cedski, DallasLoanGuy, hoapres, ICANHASMUNY?, Lighthouse84, Linx04, TeeSharice

#4 jaybee

jaybee
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

It looks like you are on the right track.

Today I mailed out 4 VA letters to CA's regarding the 6 collection accounts on her CR's.

I going to assume you mean DV (Debt Validation) letters - if so, good. You should also dispute everything with the CRA's at the same time. This is known around here as the "1-2 punch" method.

Are your paid tax liens state or federal? If they are federal, you can get them removed with a form. If they are state, this thread might help.

#5 Tigman

Tigman
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Oops, yes I meant DV letters and they are state liens. I was going to do the 1-2 punch, then read that the CAs aren't required to respond unless its been less than 30 days since 1st contact. Is that wrong?

It looks like you are on the right track.

Today I mailed out 4 VA letters to CA's regarding the 6 collection accounts on her CR's.

I going to assume you mean DV (Debt Validation) letters - if so, good. You should also dispute everything with the CRA's at the same time. This is known around here as the "1-2 punch" method.

Are your paid tax liens state or federal? If they are federal, you can get them removed with a form. If they are state, this thread might help.

#6 Tigman

Tigman
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Also from what Ive read, Its best to dispute with letters,not online. Does this make a difference? Thanks

#7 jaybee

jaybee
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Also from what Ive read, Its best to dispute with letters,not online. Does this make a difference? Thanks

Yes, most recommend to dispute with the CRA's by certified mail with return receipt to get verification of when it was sent/delivered. Upon receiving your dispute, the CRA's will have 30 days to verify the information being disputed. Dispute your negative tradelines and wait a month to see what happens.

FYI you may not want to dispute that Capital One account. If the only blemish on it is a 90 day late from 9/2005, the late should drop off this September and leave you with a nice seven year-old tradeline which adds age to the file, even if it is closed.

#8 Tigman

Tigman
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the help,im going to start working on the CA disputes to mail monday.

Yes, most recommend to dispute with the CRA's by certified mail with return receipt to get verification of when it was sent/delivered. Upon receiving your dispute, the CRA's will have 30 days to verify the information being disputed. Dispute your negative tradelines and wait a month to see what happens.

FYI you may not want to dispute that Capital One account. If the only blemish on it is a 90 day late from 9/2005, the late should drop off this September and leave you with a nice seven year-old tradeline which adds age to the file, even if it is closed.

#9 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 67,713 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

don't forget the other half of credit repair.

#10 jaybee

jaybee
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

Ive had her on the right path for a couple years now and in the last 6 months have gotten he 3 CCs that are in good standings.

:D

#11 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 67,713 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Ive had her on the right path for a couple years now and in the last 6 months have gotten he 3 CCs that are in good standings.

:D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.