Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Wells Fargo Checking Account

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bnamortgageguy

bnamortgageguy
  • Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

I have a Chexsystems entry from 5/3 bank for about $300.00 on an unpaid checking account that went bad around March of 2008. Today i got a online approval from Wells Fargo, Checking and Savings. I hope it's real.

#2 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

I have a Chexsystems entry from 5/3 bank for about $300.00 on an unpaid checking account that went bad around March of 2008. Today i got a online approval from Wells Fargo, Checking and Savings. I hope it's real.

Is the account still opened? I think Wells Fargo is more concerned with EWS than chexsystems these days

#3 bnamortgageguy

bnamortgageguy
  • Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Is the account still opened? I think Wells Fargo is more concerned with EWS than chexsystems these days

Yes, it is

#4 bnamortgageguy

bnamortgageguy
  • Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Still open, received checks and debit card. Also using their online service with no problem.

#5 bnamortgageguy

bnamortgageguy
  • Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

I think i found out why i had not problem opening an account with Wells Fargo. I just noticed on the Wells Fargo Debt card i received has me as a customer since 2006. I had a auto loan with them that was paid perfect. I guess they picked that up and gave me the account that way. I did apply online and got an instant approval.

#6 ( o Y o )

( o Y o )
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

As a consumer that recently succeeded in removing myself from chexsystems and who subsequently got an account with Wells Fargo, I found out that they actually would have approved me even if I were reported to chexsystems. The local WF branch manager told me that they have a "second chance" checking account for people who are on chexsystems. There are some additional fees for that account type, but she informed me that I could still get an account regardless of whether or not I was on chexsystems. I was surprised to learn this as every website I visited online said WF does not provide accounts for those reported to chexsystems. Although I didn't verify her information, maybe she was wrong (but she was the branch manager and I carefully phrased my questions so as to get relevant answers, so... idk).

#7 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

As a consumer that recently succeeded in removing myself from chexsystems and who subsequently got an account with Wells Fargo, I found out that they actually would have approved me even if I were reported to chexsystems. The local WF branch manager told me that they have a "second chance" checking account for people who are on chexsystems. There are some additional fees for that account type, but she informed me that I could still get an account regardless of whether or not I was on chexsystems. I was surprised to learn this as every website I visited online said WF does not provide accounts for those reported to chexsystems. Although I didn't verify her information, maybe she was wrong (but she was the branch manager and I carefully phrased my questions so as to get relevant answers, so... idk).

This is from my forum at chexvictims

Wells Fargo

URL

https://www.wellsfargo.com/

Form of Verification used by bank

Chexsystems, ews

Special Notes

If you are reported to EWS, you may be approved but there is a good chance the account will be closed at a later time. Only apply if you have not been reported to EWS. Both regular and second chance accounts have been closed due to EWS issues If fraud is indicated on your report do NOT apply, they will most likely deny you

Person that got an account comments:

The main differences between the Opportunity Checking and one of Wells Fargo's regular accounts is that you cannot make deposits via the ATM with an Opportunity Checking account. You have to make your deposits in person inside the bank with a teller. Plus, you can't get cash back when you make a deposit.

Otherwise, it is a full-fledged account in all other respects. We had absolutely no problems with them and once the 12 months was up, the banker who opened our account looked at our record - saw we had no overdrafts or bounced checks - and he upgraded us.

One caution with the Opportunity Checking account, if you overdraw even once for any reason; Wells Fargo has the right to close the account then and there.

There is no overdraft protection available on Opportunity Checking accounts either.

Email From Bank

Wells Fargo also is extending checking account services to meet the needs of more customers. In March 09, the bank rolled out Wells Fargo Opportunity Checking to provide privileges to eligible customers who would have been declined in the past due to poor credit. This account offers a number of value-added, time-savings features, such as unlimited checking, free online banking with bill pay and overdraft protection.

The account does come with a few restrictions, such as it doesn't offer a debit card. However, customers can get an ATM card. And the monthly service fee is just $10, with a $2 discount if customers have a qualified direct deposit like a payroll of $100 or more.

-after a year in good standing you can get a regular account

Types of accounts offered

Second chance
Locations

See web site

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.