Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Merrick Bank - Need advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hayday0502

Hayday0502
  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

I have a Merrick Bank CO on my reports that I've been trying to get correct information on for almost a year.

I've sent multiple letters CMRR.. and have yet to get any tangible evidence as to what they say I owe.

What makes it even more difficult is that they are reporting differently to all three bureaus.. But each and every time they verify the information with the CRA's.

The last letter I sent was the 623 back in December. Merrick replied back (first time they actually replied to any of my letters) with a letter that stated the typical.. "We find now error in our reporting" even after my letter to them pointed out each and every discrepancy between the three CRA's. Also included in their letter was a "Document Request Form". Which basically I had to fill out and request what documents I wanted copies of. Mind you, each monthly statement I requested and each verification of payment I requested I had to pay for.

I was hesitant, but I'm in the process of building a house and I'm just trying to settle my negative marks on my credit file, so I decided I would fill out the form and send payment in.

I sent the form CMRR and I used a checking account that is not my primary, so Merrick would not have my primary account information. They received the letter on February 2, 2012 and the check cleared my back on February 7, 2012... but to date i haven't received the documentation that I requested and paid for.

How long do they have to get me this data? They have called me three times, all of which were automated phone calls and when I press one to be connected to someone it hung up on me..

Again, all I'm trying to do is settle this account, but I want to settle it for the correct amount and according to my documentation (I have all my bank statements showing payments) they are reporting the trade line incorrectly and for an amount way more than I owe.

Any suggestions on how I move forward with this? They keep verifying with the CRA's but yet I've received NOTHING from Merrick

#2 Hayday0502

Hayday0502
  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

bump

#3 Hayday0502

Hayday0502
  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

any of the more educated CB'ers have any advice? Do I send ITS or do I just keep waiting?

#4 Hayday0502

Hayday0502
  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

I was hoping I would at least get a little advice. So much knowledge from CBers and not one has had a situation like this?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.