Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Orchard / Household Bank CLI's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 patz2009

patz2009
  • Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

I've gotten mixed reports about this, so I figured I'd ask some of the experts here.

I've got the Household Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard (I don't know if there's a better name for it?) which gives 2% back on everything, even for bad credit (which, oddly enough, I got approved for the $0 AF with a thin file). If you look below though, you'll see it's my lowest limit. With that base reward rate and a low limit, it makes it hard to rack up the rewards I'd want to on it. So I've obviously been looking for CLI's on it. When I first opened the account, Household Bank was straight up refusing CLI's to everyone; calls to representatives told me this and the website did as well. A few months back I noticed that the credit limit increase link was working, but all it says is "In order to process this credit limit increase request, we may obtain a current copy of your credit report." Not wanting any hard pulls, I called and a CSR notified me it would be a soft pull, so I gave her the go-ahead and they approved me for a $200 CLI. After sharing that, some websites informed me that Household Bank no longer does soft inquiries, but I haven't gotten a chance to pull my Equifax report since (I am a cheapskate) so I can't confirm if they might have hard-pulled EQ or not (Quizzle says they didn't get EX, the numbers for CreditKarma haven't moved forever). So here this CLI button sits on their website, taunting me. I want some Household Bank luv, but am too afraid to try.

TL;DR: Does Household Bank do hard inquires for their CLI's? If not, how often should I try?

Edited by patz2009, 08 March 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#2 Iamdanieltuck

Iamdanieltuck
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

HSBC told me on the phone they would pull a hard for my CLI three months ago, but it never showed up on any CR. I'd say give it a go IMO.

I've gotten mixed reports about this, so I figured I'd ask some of the experts here.

I've got the Household Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard (I don't know if there's a better name for it?) which gives 2% back on everything, even for bad credit (which, oddly enough, I got approved for the $0 AF with a thin file). If you look below though, you'll see it's my lowest limit. With that base reward rate and a low limit, it makes it hard to rack up the rewards I'd want to on it. So I've obviously been looking for CLI's on it. When I first opened the account, Household Bank was straight up refusing CLI's to everyone; calls to representatives told me this and the website did as well. A few months back I noticed that the credit limit increase link was working, but all it says is "In order to process this credit limit increase request, we may obtain a current copy of your credit report." Not wanting any hard pulls, I called and a CSR notified me it would be a soft pull, so I gave her the go-ahead and they approved me for a $200 CLI. After sharing that, some websites informed me that Household Bank no longer does soft inquiries, but I haven't gotten a chance to pull my Equifax report since (I am a cheapskate) so I can't confirm if they might have hard-pulled EQ or not (Quizzle says they didn't get EX, the numbers for CreditKarma haven't moved forever). So here this CLI button sits on their website, taunting me. I want some Household Bank luv, but am too afraid to try.

TL;DR: Does Household Bank do hard inquires for their CLI's? If not, how often should I try?

#3 snark

snark
  • Members
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

They pulled hard for me....EQ......both, here in IL

#4 patz2009

patz2009
  • Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

They pulled hard for me....EQ......both, here in IL

They pulled EQ for me to open the account, so they probably used that for any CLIs as well. I think I'll just wait until I get another chance to pull EQ to confirm for sure.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.