Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Public Record

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jen01

jen01
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hello,
I'm wondering if someone can help me with a Public Record I have listed on my credit reports, and if it should actually be classified as a PR.
I'll give the back story first. In Oct 2010 I went to buy a new car, we did up all the paper work and I was approved with Scotia Dealer Advantage (who I had my previous car loan with). After I signed all the paper work, and they submitted it to SDA, I received a call from the car dealership saying that I owed an extra $500 (I forget the reason why right now, maybe it was for commission?). I didn't have the extra $500 cash so I told him to write it into the deal, which he did and I had to go back in and sign off on another contract stating my payments were going to be higher - this happened at the beginning of Nov 2010. This new contract went back to Scotia Dealer Advantage.
Now, I have this Scotia Dealer Advantage PR, one in Oct 2010, which states there is no balance owing, and one in Nov 2010, which states my current car loan balance.
My question to you is, why would this be in my Public Record section. There is a court case # listed, but why would this have gone to court? Who should I contact first about removing this if that is what I need to do?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 jen01

jen01
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Oops, made a mistake: the PR reported in Nov 2010 states the newer full loan amount, not the balance owing.

#3 jen01

jen01
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

#4 jen01

jen01
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Bump

#5 Repairerer

Repairerer

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper IV

• Members
  • 6,341 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

I would check with the court first and see if they have anything.

Are you looking at hard copy credit reports that you got through the mail?

#6 jen01

jen01
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Yes I am looking at my free reports that came thru the mail.
I've been looking around a lot online as to why this is listed, and the only thing I've come across that that secured loans are reported as a PR on reports butit doesnt give any more explainations. Does any one else have an auto loan reporting under PR?
I will call the court house on monday.
Thanks.

#7 JDenver

JDenver
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

Yes I am looking at my free reports that came thru the mail.
I've been looking around a lot online as to why this is listed, and the only thing I've come across that that secured loans are reported as a PR on reports butit doesnt give any more explainations. Does any one else have an auto loan reporting under PR?
I will call the court house on monday.
Thanks.

That's strange indeed. Generally it will show under public record only if they have a judgement against you, and it doesn't sound like they would.

Any info from the courthouse?

#8 jen01

jen01
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Oh gosh, I'm gonna get killed here, but I couldn't get through to the courthouse so I called Equifax... I know your not suppose to call them but I did. Anyways I asked why it was reporting as a public record, and the lady I spoke to said that all secured loans report under PR on the report. The Court # that is reporting is actually just a Account #, she said it never went to court. She told me also that my report lists that the car loan from Oct 2010 as being paid, and the current loan I have on my car is reporting as being current. She said that this info does not negatively affect my report, it's just listing my secured loans.
If anyone in Canada also has their secured loan also reporting under PR, I would love to know!

#9 Fixin It Up

Fixin It Up
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

Most secured loans do report on EQ in Canada. If you're in Ontario it's called a PPSA registration and a lot of the tie they do report. Also, a loan is a loan so secured or unsecured they tend to report. Some banks are starting to report mortgages now as well (same as they've been doing in the States for years).

#10 Guest_w_a_y_n_e_*

Guest_w_a_y_n_e_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

It's a lien registered against the vehicle, that's it.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.