Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Creditsesame jumped from 740 to 819 due to CA DV?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bankofmom

bankofmom
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

I received a phone call from National Credit Solutions that I owe a hospital bill from 2002 of $600. They put it on my TU and EXP credit reports, and sent me a judgement in the mail with a 30 day response time.

Since then I have started the WhyChat process. I have opted out and ordered the credit reports, and have disputed addresses on the two I have received. I haven't disputed addresses on the EXP report yet, since I just received it.

I did sent a dispute letter to the CA since they said that they needed a response within 30 days.

At about the same time that I received the phone call from the CA, I got a email from creditsesame that my credit score had dropped from 870 down to 740. I noticed today that my score is now up to 819. Could this be due to the CA removing their lien on my Experian report? It just sounds too good to be true.

I did send in my predispute to TU last week since it had been two weeks since I disputed address with them. But that wouldn't affect my creditsesame score, which I believe is a proxy for an EXP score?

#2 bankofmom

bankofmom
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

I received a phone call from National Credit Solutions that I owe a hospital bill from 2002 of $600. They put it on my TU and EXP credit reports, and sent me a judgement in the mail with a 30 day response time.

Since then I have started the WhyChat process. I have opted out and ordered the credit reports, and have disputed addresses on the two I have received. I haven't disputed addresses on the EXP report yet, since I just received it.

I did sent a dispute letter to the CA since they said that they needed a response within 30 days.

At about the same time that I received the phone call from the CA, I got a email from creditsesame that my credit score had dropped from 870 down to 740. I noticed today that my score is now up to 819. Could this be due to the CA removing their lien on my Experian report? It just sounds too good to be true.

I did send in my predispute to TU last week since it had been two weeks since I disputed address with them. But that wouldn't affect my creditsesame score, which I believe is a proxy for an EXP score?

#3 bankofmom

bankofmom
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

I just accessed my financial data on creditsesame and it shows that the collection is still there. I wonder why the score changed so much?

#4 Mortgagase

Mortgagase
  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

I just accessed my financial data on creditsesame and it shows that the collection is still there. I wonder why the score changed so much?

CS is in a good mood today. Got a email from them so i checked and it was up +21.

#5 bankofmom

bankofmom
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

CS is in a good mood today. Got a email from them so i checked and it was up +21.

But a 79 point jump?! What could cause that?

#6 eazy_money

eazy_money
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

But a 79 point jump?! What could cause that?

Is your utilization different from last month?

#7 delphipgmr

delphipgmr
  • Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

there is something going on with credit sesame.

my wife's score jumped from 640 to 768 today (from nothing to excellent?), but nothing changed on her report, still has 6 med collections listed.

mine went up 15 pts.

#8 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

I received a phone call from National Credit Solutions that I owe a hospital bill from 2002 of $600. They put it on my TU and EXP credit reports, and sent me a judgement in the mail with a 30 day response time. No one can "put a judgment" on your credit report. You need to be sued, be properly served and have time to file an answer. Most likely this was a scam scum CA who illegally placed a collection account on your report and is reporting it as a "judgment", if in fact that is what is actually on your reports. A REAL judgment would be located on your reports in the public records section

I did sent a dispute letter to the CA since they said that they needed a response within 30 days. That was a mistake, however IF you sent them the medical DV that probably would do the trick.
http://www.whychat.5...cavalhipaa.html
If you DID send the medical DV and your initial dispute letters to the CRAs doesn't get you a deletion, you can go on to the next step by sending the CRAs the re-dispute letter.
http://www.whychat.5...aa.html#DISPUTE

I don't deal much with "scores" as they fluctuate depending on things that can't be controlled, I suggest you stop worrying about what your scores are until you get ALL the derogatory stuff off all your reports

#9 bankofmom

bankofmom
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

Thank you WhyChat for your detailed response. The letter I sent to the CA was the SOL letter, since the date of service was listed as 2002. I will continue with your process and post my results.

Edited by bankofmom, 07 March 2012 - 06:03 AM.

#10 bankofmom

bankofmom
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

I think I have received some good news today. I received the following letter from the CA:

Bank of Mom,

After our investigation, National Credit Solution, LLC is remitting this file back to our client for their further review. National Credit Solutions, LLC is ceasing to collect on this account and we are closing this account with our office. Additionally, we will request an update to your credit bureaus-please allow the appropriate timeframe for this reflection.

Sincerely,

Compliance Department

I am in the middle of the HIPAA process. I had opted out, and was in the process of deleting old address. I also had sent the following letter to the CA in response to their dunning letter (hope I'm using the correct term here.):

Certified Mail No.: _____________________

Re; Demand for payment dated
February *, 2012: your file # ********************<br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

Greetings:

This letter responds to your recent notice to me that I owe a past due account.

This is not a refusal to pay, but a notice that your claim is disputed.

The Rules of Civil Procedure of the State of
Georgia provide a Statute Of Limitations limiting the time frame for any legal collection activities.

Under the State of Georgia Code #9-3-26. accounts have a 4 year limit for filing any legal action for collection.

Your records indicate that the date of service on the subject account #************************* with **************** Inc. is

This notification is formal notice to you that any filing of such action by you, or your representatives or assigns, is therefore time-barred.

Under the FDCPA, any such action, or threat of such action is a violation of the law, and is grounds for fines and civil sanctions.

A debt collector may not use any false, deceptive, or misleading representation or means in connection with the collection of any debt.<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"> <br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

The penalty provisions of the FCRA and FACTA are also in effect, including FACT Act changes final rules effective July 1, 2010.

This notification to you is of applicable legal statutes, codes and laws. Other Federal and State laws may apply.

Please note that proof of your receipt of this notice may be used by me or my legal representative in further action.

I also reserve the right to forward a copy of this letter, and any other pertinent material to the Georgia State Bar Association.

Please also be advised that this letter is not only a formal dispute, but a request that you cease and desist any and all collection activities, and are barred from selling assigning or transferring any and all data regarding this account to any other party subsidiary or affiliate.

Your receipt of this letter will be considered as having granted consent to the taping of any and all telephone calls to me at my home or business by you or your agents or assigns.

Best regards,

Bank of Mom

#11 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

I think I have received some good news today. I received the following letter from the CA:

Bank of Mom,

After our investigation, National Credit Solution, LLC is remitting this file back to our client for their further review. National Credit Solutions, LLC is ceasing to collect on this account and we are closing this account with our office. Additionally, we will request an update to your credit bureaus-please allow the appropriate timeframe for this reflection.

Sincerely,

Compliance Department

I am in the middle of the HIPAA process. I had opted out, and was in the process of deleting old address. I also had sent the following letter to the CA in response to their dunning letter (hope I'm using the correct term here.):

Certified Mail No.: _____________________

Re; Demand for payment dated
February *, 2012: your file # ********************<br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

Greetings:

This letter responds to your recent notice to me that I owe a past due account.

This is not a refusal to pay, but a notice that your claim is disputed.

The Rules of Civil Procedure of the State of
Georgia provide a Statute Of Limitations limiting the time frame for any legal collection activities.

Under the State of Georgia Code #9-3-26. accounts have a 4 year limit for filing any legal action for collection.

Your records indicate that the date of service on the subject account #************************* with **************** Inc. is

This notification is formal notice to you that any filing of such action by you, or your representatives or assigns, is therefore time-barred.

Under the FDCPA, any such action, or threat of such action is a violation of the law, and is grounds for fines and civil sanctions.

A debt collector may not use any false, deceptive, or misleading representation or means in connection with the collection of any debt.<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"> <br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

The penalty provisions of the FCRA and FACTA are also in effect, including FACT Act changes final rules effective July 1, 2010.

This notification to you is of applicable legal statutes, codes and laws. Other Federal and State laws may apply.

Please note that proof of your receipt of this notice may be used by me or my legal representative in further action.

I also reserve the right to forward a copy of this letter, and any other pertinent material to the Georgia State Bar Association.

Please also be advised that this letter is not only a formal dispute, but a request that you cease and desist any and all collection activities, and are barred from selling assigning or transferring any and all data regarding this account to any other party subsidiary or affiliate.

Your receipt of this letter will be considered as having granted consent to the taping of any and all telephone calls to me at my home or business by you or your agents or assigns.

Best regards,

Bank of Mom

Well-- you sent them the "SOL" letter instead of the HIPAA medical DV, but it had the same effect.

Make sure you send the dispute letters to the CRAs anyway.( check your reports via the "back door" first as you probably got it deleted anyway and won't need to dispute it off.) These garbage JDBs get nervous and eradicate their entries when threatened with ANY action as there is now pending legislation that puts more teeth into FTC enforcement actions.

#12 bankofmom

bankofmom
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Per your suggestion I backdoored Equfax and Experian. They have no negative accounts listed! Hooray! Success!!!!!

Tried to backdoor Transunion but wasn't able to do that online. I called the number they gave me and the recording said that I could not access my report at this time because there was a current dispute. Transunion was the one CRA to which I had already sent the pre-Hippa letter. The recording said I would get a new credit report within 30 days.

I think I may have made a mistake last year by "opting in". I did this in order to receive targeted offers from the credit card companies. Now that I have opted out, I think I will stay that way.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.