Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Anyone ever have any success with AES? Tried jack attack etc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jbarretta

jbarretta
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

I have successfully gotten my scores into the 700's from a 490, however aes is still reporting my student loan baddies. Im buying a house and getting AES to stop reporting is very important. I have a year of on time payments being reported by the us gov dept of ed, but aes is still reporting the baddies. I understand its much more difficult, ive tried disputing, validating,6 jack attack, i pointed out specific incorrect info ( 623 dispute ) nothing has worked. Please if you've had success, tell us how you did it? I was thinking of an ftc dispute next and sending it to AES with a threat to sue

#2 bad.credit

bad.credit
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

I have successfully gotten my scores into the 700's from a 490, however aes is still reporting my student loan baddies. Im buying a house and getting AES to stop reporting is very important. I have a year of on time payments being reported by the us gov dept of ed, but aes is still reporting the baddies. I understand its much more difficult, ive tried disputing, validating,6 jack attack, i pointed out specific incorrect info ( 623 dispute ) nothing has worked. Please if you've had success, tell us how you did it? I was thinking of an ftc dispute next and sending it to AES with a threat to sue

I'm in the same situation. Did you Consolidate through William D Ford? They can only report 6.9 years from the date it was first deliquent on the original default.

Part of FCRA 605 says:

The reporting periods have been lengthened for certain adverse information pertaining to U.S. Government insured or guaranteed student loans, or pertaining to national direct students. See sections 430A(f) and 463©(3) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, 20 U.S.C. 1080a(f) and 20 U.S.C. 1087cc©(3), respectively.

20 U.S.C. Section 1080A: Reports to credit bureaus and institutions of higher education

A consumer reporting agency may make a report containing information received from the Secretary or a guaranty agency, eligible lender, or subsequent holder regarding the status of a borrower’s defaulted account on a loan guaranteed under this part until—

(1) 7 years from the date on which the Secretary or the agency paid a claim to the holder on the guaranty;

(2) 7 years from the date the Secretary, guaranty agency, eligible lender, or subsequent holder first reported the account to the consumer reporting agency; or

(3) in the case of a borrower who reenters repayment after defaulting on a loan and subsequently goes into default on such loan, 7 years from the date the loan entered default such subsequent time.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.