Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

DC trip March 23...ideas for hotels around smithsonian

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 luckydriver

luckydriver
  • Members
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Friday the 23rd for 2 or 3 nights. Just want to do some museum stuff. maybe the zoo or other nearby things... GF has to be gluten free so any suggestions on restaurants in the area would be nice. she has to eat too :)

hotel close enough to walk would be nice...but not averse to metro if the hotel is near some restaurants. also unsure if the festival will be an issue or not since i've never been there this time of year.

self park hotel would be nice too

Edited by luckydriver, 03 March 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#2 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,688 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

I would stay outside the beltway somewhere, and take the metro in - or you could take Amtrack in and not drive at all.

Amtrack and the Metro puts you right in on the mall - into union station

and you could take a taxi or bus to local restruants or use the hop on / off "old town trolley" to get around the mall.

I was there a few times but it was years ago, and stayed with brother outside the beltway.

didn't really try the food scene with a 4 year old....

try the WP "going out guide" for food - http://www.washingto...estaurants.html

and vistors guide - http://www.washingto...tors-guide.html

Remember, Arliington NC is just across the bridge at the west end of the Mall.

#3 luckydriver

luckydriver
  • Members
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

i'm sure would be a lot cheaper out of town but i dont mind paying a bit for a nice room with a view in town. gf deserves it for all she's been thru lately. never is lavish on herself at all.

i guess ill have to study the metro map to see what is right on the route outside of town as well. but if i do stay in town dinner restaurants near the hotel are of importance..prefer a short walk

#4 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,688 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

i'm sure would be a lot cheaper out of town but i dont mind paying a bit for a nice room with a view in town. gf deserves it for all she's been thru lately. never is lavish on herself at all.

i guess ill have to study the metro map to see what is right on the route outside of town as well. but if i do stay in town dinner restaurants near the hotel are of importance..prefer a short walk

if you have google earth, just zoom in to the mall - it will show you all the hotels, resturants, and museums ( use the side bar to select what you want it to show. )

#5 luckydriver

luckydriver
  • Members
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

i never even thought of that..i actually had it on my machine already lol...now if i could just get an overlay of hotels, gluten free menu restaurants that would be great....i think dupont circle looks like the restaurants may be more accommodating

#6 cljohnr

cljohnr
  • Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Last time I was there, we stayed here:

http://www.lenfantplazahotel.com/

It's right behind the museums, and the lowest level is a subway station with direct access to all but one of the lines. We didn't need a car the entire time. With the subway access, most any restaurant was easy to get to. Just don't try to order sweet tea.

#7 luckydriver

luckydriver
  • Members
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

wow thats close..rooms look big and clean..so whats the parking situation there...isnt readily visible on the site but their interactive map is really cool!

200ish isnt a bad price either...will def make it on the list

now to look up restaurants in walking distance

#8 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,688 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

wow thats close..rooms look big and clean..so whats the parking situation there...isnt readily visible on the site but their interactive map is really cool!

200ish isnt a bad price either...will def make it on the list

now to look up restaurants in walking distance

http://www.washingto...uJzR_story.html

you should also check out google street view of where you are planning on staying.

#9 luckydriver

luckydriver
  • Members
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

im actually now leaning toward dupont circle hotel...can get a price same as embassy suites but ill never us the bfast buffet and mgr cocktail thing at ES so it would be a wasted stay. just gotta read more of the tripadvisor and other reviews...if u stay 3 nights you get 20% off if u do nonrefundable rate.

also the 'level 9' thing is a tad intriguing

Edited by luckydriver, 09 March 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#10 Doodah

Doodah
  • Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

im actually now leaning toward dupont circle hotel...can get a price same as embassy suites but ill never us the bfast buffet and mgr cocktail thing at ES so it would be a wasted stay. just gotta read more of the tripadvisor and other reviews...if u stay 3 nights you get 20% off if u do nonrefundable rate.

also the 'level 9' thing is a tad intriguing

It's a great location, IMO.

#11 luckydriver

luckydriver
  • Members
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

reservation made

any info about local dupont circle would be appreciated :)

esp gluten free menu

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.