Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Just got a CA Letter, not mine, Not me

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 NYfreeWomen

NYfreeWomen
  • Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Just got this letter from "Stellar Recovery"
"We have been authorized by our client to offer a settlement on this account of $643.27, which can be paid in three equal payment ...call our office..."
"unless you notify this office within 30 days after receipt of this notice that you dispute the validity... If you notify this office in writing within 30 days ..., this office will obtain verification of the debt and obtain a copy of a judgment !!!! and mail you a copy of such a judgment...."

This is the story.
DHL (shipping service) are claiming that I have been using their service and made shippments under my name and my account with then, on 03/2008. I did have an account with DHL but it wasnt me that made the shipping. The shipping was made from an apartment in NJ , I live in NYC and never lived in NJ. DHL kept sending me stetments for the "shippments that I have made" I have the copys ofDHL statmants, my name is in there and my account with DHL is in there, BUT the shipping was made from an address in NJ to a storage place in FL. I have never lived in NJ or FL.
I dispute the account with the CRS with a copy of DHL statments and the CRS removed it from my file.

What should I do?
How can I stop the CA from runing after me, This is not my problem that someone had used my name and my account to do some shippments. Can't they see that the shipping was made from not my address?
HELP ME.

#2 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,658 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

this could be ID theft - or they could have the records mixed up.

follow the FTC guidelines and file a police report. AND SEND IT TO DHS, NOT JUST THE CA'S

this is important - you should also pull your credit report to see if there are any tradelines or inquiries

some one could be shipping illegal stuff , like drugs, guns or other contraband and using your name.?

guess what will happen if any of those shipments end up with the Feds. ?

general guide to ID theft issues and links to goverment sites, FTC, etc.

http://creditboards....howtopic=467092

#3 NYfreeWomen

NYfreeWomen
  • Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

And how do I prove it all to the CA? Do I just send them the statments from DHL showing them that its not my address?

#4 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,658 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

you follow the ID theft advice at the links I gave.

fill out an ID theft affidavit, file a police report and mail it all to the CA and DHS.

#5 JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

Hand-to-Hand JDB Combat Instructor

• Members
  • 11,552 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

this could be ID theft - or they could have the records mixed up.

follow the FTC guidelines and file a police report. AND SEND IT TO DHS, NOT JUST THE CA'S

this is important - you should also pull your credit report to see if there are any tradelines or inquiries

some one could be shipping illegal stuff , like drugs, guns or other contraband and using your name.?

guess what will happen if any of those shipments end up with the Feds. ?

general guide to ID theft issues and links to goverment sites, FTC, etc.

http://creditboards....howtopic=467092

Or shipping merchandise purchased with stolen credit card numbers out of the country.

#6 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,658 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

I agree, this could be serious,

and it could just be an account mix up

or someone working at DHL accessed her accounts, etc. etc.

she needs to take a strong stand with DHL - looks like they sold the accounts to some JDB - and now whe has Zombie debt that's not her's

if OP claims ID theft, the account cannot be resold, and can only be returned to DHL.

#7 NYfreeWomen

NYfreeWomen
  • Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

she needs to take a strong stand with DHL - looks like they sold the accounts to some JDB - and now whe has Zombie debt that's not her's

if OP claims ID theft, the account cannot be resold, and can only be returned to DHL.

I just sent the CA a long 20 pages. I sent them my story and DHL statments with the address where the shipping was made from, They have no reason to say this is my debt since I have a way to prove it and if they will continue to claim its mine, i'll take them to court. I'm so tired of DHL story and they just want my money. why wouldnt them send the invoices to the address the shipping was made from ( 5 years ago).!

#8 stinkiest

stinkiest
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

I just sent the CA a long 20 pages. I sent them my story and DHL statments with the address where the shipping was made from, They have no reason to say this is my debt since I have a way to prove it and if they will continue to claim its mine, i'll take them to court. I'm so tired of DHL story and they just want my money. why wouldnt them send the invoices to the address the shipping was made from ( 5 years ago).!

I don't understand. You live in NYC. Why not just get the NYC DCA involved? You can make a complaint online and they'll investigate for you, especially if they are collecting on a debt that you have already disputed with the OC.

#9 ashlia

ashlia
  • Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Did you follow the advice ICAN provided? Did you fill out an ID Theft affidavit, and file a police report?

If the debt is not yours, you should be doing this...

#10 JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

JunkBuyersWorstNightmare

Hand-to-Hand JDB Combat Instructor

• Members
  • 11,552 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

It's not your responsibility to prove that you don't owe anything. It's their responsibility to prove that you do.

#11 Gronnie

Gronnie
  • Members
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

It's not your responsibility to prove that you don't owe anything. It's their responsibility to prove that you do.

They already have. OP is claiming ID theft. To claim ID theft, a police report is required. If not, then everyone would claim ID theft.

#12 NYfreeWomen

NYfreeWomen
  • Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'm not sure I want to go to the police, the police in NYC doesn't care about anything unless someone dies somehow.

I sent the CA the statments and if they dare to contact me one more time, I'll just file a lawsuit in court.
I'm tired of this story. The CA calls me 10 times a day so I hope that once they get my letter they will stop. I'm sure they still take me to court cause they are stupid and they want $1500.
I'm so tired of this story and so upset

#13 stinkiest

stinkiest
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'm not sure I want to go to the police, the police in NYC doesn't care about anything unless someone dies somehow.

I sent the CA the statments and if they dare to contact me one more time, I'll just file a lawsuit in court.
I'm tired of this story. The CA calls me 10 times a day so I hope that once they get my letter they will stop. I'm sure they still take me to court cause they are stupid and they want $1500.
I'm so tired of this story and so upset

I said this before and it got lost, but contact the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs. They'll force the CA to comply and it will take it out of your hands. Just like Texas has it's own laws to help, so does NYC.

http://www.nyc.gov/h...home/home.shtml

Make a complaint. Get them involved. 10 times a day is unacceptable and the DCA will wring them out to dry.

#14 stinkiest

stinkiest
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Also, NYC Law requires debt collectors to produce an ORIGINAL document from the OC proving indebtedness. They won't be able to because you said DHL closed your file. Seriously, call them out on it. Here's a NYC Style DV I sent to Midland and my account was closed with their office and removed from my reports.

To whom it may concern:

I have recently pulled all three of my major credit reports and the above referenced account is being reported on my credit file. As I have never opened an account with your firm, I am hereby disputing this information and request that all information that is being reported be removed by your firm immediately.

Please provide me all information that is required by law. I request you send me the signed contracts for the item you say I owe, as well as all other information that is required.

While I am aware federal law does not require you to provide the written contracts, I am requesting this information under Local Law 15 of the City of New York, which states:

§ 2-190 Documentation of the debt to be provided by debt collection agency. (a) The
written documentation identifying the creditor who originated the debt, which a debt collection
agency is required to provide pursuant to § 20-493.2 (a) of the Administrative Code, shall be a
copy of the debt document issued by the originating creditor or an original written confirmation
evidencing the transaction resulting in the indebtedness to the originating creditor. Computer
documents or electronic evidence created or generated after default on the indebtedness shall not
qualify as such confirmation.

(B) The written documentation itemizing the principal balance of the debt that remains or is
claimed or alleged to remain due and all other charges that are due or claimed or alleged to be
due, which a debt collection agency is required to furnish pursuant to § 20-493.2 (a) of the
Administrative Code, shall consist of a copy of the final statement of account issued by the
originating creditor and a document itemizing: (1) the total amount remaining due on the total
principal balance of the indebtedness to the originating creditor and (2) each additional charge or
fee claimed or alleged to be due that separately (i) lists the total for each charge or fee and the
date that each charge or fee was incurred; and (ii) identifies and describes the basis of the
consumer’s obligation to pay it.

If the documents required are not provided to me within 30 days, all collection activity, including reporting this item to my credit report, must be deleted.

Your attention to this matter is appreciated.

#15 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,658 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

then just fill out the FTC fraud affidavit, file an ID theft complaint with the FTC. send copies of that to the CA and DHL.

#16 NYfreeWomen

NYfreeWomen
  • Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Also, NYC Law requires debt collectors to produce an ORIGINAL document from the OC proving indebtedness. They won't be able to because you said DHL closed your file. Seriously, call them out on it. Here's a NYC Style DV I sent to Midland and my account was closed with their office and removed from my reports.

To whom it may concern:

I have recently pulled all three of my major credit reports and the above referenced account is being reported on my credit file. As I have never opened an account with your firm, I am hereby disputing this information and request that all information that is being reported be removed by your firm immediately.

Please provide me all information that is required by law. I request you send me the signed contracts for the item you say I owe, as well as all other information that is required.

While I am aware federal law does not require you to provide the written contracts, I am requesting this information under Local Law 15 of the City of New York, which states:

§ 2-190 Documentation of the debt to be provided by debt collection agency. (a) The
written documentation identifying the creditor who originated the debt, which a debt collection
agency is required to provide pursuant to § 20-493.2 (a) of the Administrative Code, shall be a
copy of the debt document issued by the originating creditor or an original written confirmation
evidencing the transaction resulting in the indebtedness to the originating creditor. Computer
documents or electronic evidence created or generated after default on the indebtedness shall not
qualify as such confirmation.

(B) The written documentation itemizing the principal balance of the debt that remains or is
claimed or alleged to remain due and all other charges that are due or claimed or alleged to be
due, which a debt collection agency is required to furnish pursuant to § 20-493.2 (a) of the
Administrative Code, shall consist of a copy of the final statement of account issued by the
originating creditor and a document itemizing: (1) the total amount remaining due on the total
principal balance of the indebtedness to the originating creditor and (2) each additional charge or
fee claimed or alleged to be due that separately (i) lists the total for each charge or fee and the
date that each charge or fee was incurred; and (ii) identifies and describes the basis of the
consumer’s obligation to pay it.

If the documents required are not provided to me within 30 days, all collection activity, including reporting this item to my credit report, must be deleted.

Your attention to this matter is appreciated.

THANK YOU

#17 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,658 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

[Also, NYC Law requires debt collectors to produce an ORIGINAL document from the OC proving indebtedness. They won't be able to because you said DHL closed your file. Seriously, call them out on it. Here's a NYC Style DV I sent to Midland and my account was closed with their office and removed from my reports.

To whom it may concern:

THANK YOU

But NYFW ( OP ) had an account at one time with DHL - she needs to go with the ID theft or "File mix up" route.

she also needs to write DHL again, and have her information removed from this account if they are sending for collections.

email this guy;

http://www.dhl-usa.c...management.html

:Rod.Card_CSDirector@dhl.com

something like this;

RE- Account # ________________ amount due

Dear DHL -

I have been contacted by a collection agency regarding a debt that your firm previously agreed was not mine.

( fill in the circumstances, attach copies of your Old files. )

If I am contacted again by any collection agaency, I will sue DHL as vicarioiusly liable for harrasment and defamation - your firm knows that this is not my debt, and yet you gave out my personal information to a collection agency and told them I was Liable.

The charges were a result of ID theft, or due to your firms poor record keeping .

Youirs Truly,

NY free woman.

If they have sold the account to a JDB, she needs to file a complaint with the Dept of consumer affairs and the NY State AG.,

#18 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,658 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Of all things,,,,,

I just recieved a Phishing / scam in my personal email from;

you guessed it;

Hello

My name is Mr. William Abiddan , i am a registered staff of DHL.

I have been working with the DHL as a special agent for eight
years now.

i have this little deal i want us to handle, but i will need to get
your approval before we go ahead, it is 100% risk free, payment is
50/50.

Kindly give me your information for identification as i will forward
you mind in my next mail.

Name:
Address:
Phone number(Mobile)

Mr. Williams Abiddan
DHL special Agent

All I can think of is a some kind of IP address skimmer on the DHL website I visited yesterday.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.