Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

My gf's league of extraordianry friends

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cashnocredit

cashnocredit

cash AND credit

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

OK' I've mentioned how my gf's close friend won >20M in the lottery. Well, that's just one unusual friend. Turns out not the only one.

Gf calls from her family reunion and a get together with two of her HS friends. In passing she mentioned one was The State AG ("The" not "An" but now retired). I'm kinda going huh!

Unfortunately she has zero interest in CRAs or FCRA kinds of things or I'd have been unable to resist urging her to hold forth and ask about their state credit issues.

None of my friends have held an elected position beyond dogcatcher nor have they even won 10k in a lottery. I think she should be playing mega-millions.

#2 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

Meh. They're just people. My uncle is a federal judge. My parents have had the governor out to their lake home. One of my other uncles owned clinics in Houston and was at a Presidential Dinner a few years ago. They're just people like everyone else. They all use toilet paper.

Edited by Bad Doctor Frost, 29 February 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#3 Quit Screwing Me

Quit Screwing Me

CB Stalker

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

They all use toilet paper.

But do they? Do they really?

:rofl:

#4 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

I really, really hope so.

#5 cashnocredit

cashnocredit

cash AND credit

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

Meh. They're just people. My uncle is a federal judge. My parents have had the governor out to their lake home. One of my other uncles owned clinics in Houston and was at a Presidential Dinner a few years ago. They're just people like everyone else. They all use toilet paper.

Yeah, my gf is nonplussed as well. I look at it as some sort of statistical anomoly. She is totally nonchalant. She has mentioned the friend from time to time because of the activities they did in HS. She just never mentioned to me that her friend served as AG since she saw no significance to it. That her friend won the lottery seems almost as insignificant to her.

In a practical sense it is of course. I would love to be friends with a federal judge or AG. The law fascinates me. I do have a number of lawyer friends and love to discourse about current topics but it's a different level. AGs and appeal judges have to do a certain amount of triage and dealing with complex issues sometines with good arguments on both sides. I love that stuff.

#6 cashnocredit

cashnocredit

cash AND credit

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

Sometimes it is best if the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

#7 cashnocredit

cashnocredit

cash AND credit

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

Well, a colleague's daughter was a WH intern. And no, she didn't know Monica.

#8 TheBanker

TheBanker
  • Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Meh, people are people.

I know Brian Moynihan, the CEO of Bank of America, personally. I know the CEO of my bank/employer personally. I have Romney's personal cell phone number and have met him several times. Two of my family members (one being a direct great-great-enter several more of those here-great grandfather) signed the U.S. Constitution.

Does that make my any different than anyone else? No. What makes me different is how I destroy my enemies and control the peasants. :P

#9 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

*I* don't use toilet paper....that is, unless I am on a trip or something.

#10 cashnocredit

cashnocredit

cash AND credit

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Got one of those fancy shmancy French thingies?

#11 Tigz

Tigz
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

:lol:

Yup! Wash you, dry you, flush for you, lid and seat opens and closes for you and has it's own air freshener. The only thing it doesn't do is serenade me to sleep at night. :rofl:

#12 Bad Doctor Frost

Bad Doctor Frost

Audi-mobile guy

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

:lol:

Yup! Wash you, dry you, flush for you, lid and seat opens and closes for you and has it's own air freshener. The only thing it doesn't do is serenade me to sleep at night. :rofl:

Or make you breakfast I'm hoping :rofl:

#13 Fataliya

Fataliya
  • Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:20 AM

I do only at work. I use baby wipes at home.

#14 Echo_X

Echo_X

Chicken Little

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

You know what I just thought of?

My super ex-girlfriend 2. The League of Extraordinary......you get the idea..

#15 cashnocredit

cashnocredit

cash AND credit

• Members
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

You know what I just thought of?

My super ex-girlfriend 2. The League of Extraordinary......you get the idea..

Hmm.

Then there's Rick James' "Super Freak" but I'm always getting it confused with Areva and "Funky Town."

But hey, Areva's HOT!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.