Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Rehabilitation 9th payment paid, CA trying to force consolidation to rehabilitate the loan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 helpmewithcredit

helpmewithcredit
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

I put this topic on the wrong forum. I thought I would link it here unless an admin can move it over. General Revenue Corp tries to force people with Sallie Mae loans that are ready to be rehabilitated to consolidate and actually refuses to allow you to move forward unless you consolidate. They are sitting on these loans making you pay longer than the 9 payments telling you that there is no other choice. It's not true!!! Anyone else experienced this? Read from the link: http://creditboards....1

Edited by helpmewithcredit, 29 February 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#2 LynnInMN

LynnInMN

CB Student Loan Guru

• Forum Leads
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

If you look thru the forums, there are problems with rehabs going thru right now. They cannot force you to rehab but if it is caught up in the loop like other peoples loans are, you could be waiting several more months. Keep making your payments.

The CA's get paid MORE for rehabs than consolidations...DK why they would stall. Also they are graded on rehabs submitted...

Edited by LynnInMN, 01 March 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#3 helpmewithcredit

helpmewithcredit
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

If you look thru the forums, there are problems with rehabs going thru right now. They cannot force you to rehab but if it is caught up in the loop like other peoples loans are, you could be waiting several more months. Keep making your payments.

The CA's get paid MORE for rehabs than consolidations...DK why they would stall. Also they are graded on rehabs submitted...

You need to read the link. Paid 9th payment on Feb 16th, contacted GRC the next day in which they tried to force consolidation (I read a warning about consolidating that way - you lose some options you might have if you do). Can you give me info (link) on how the CA get paid more for rehabs vs. consolidations. I haven't read that. Anyway, immediately contacted DOE Ombudsman who turned around and checked with USA Funds (guarantor) and my loan is already (as of yesterday) bought back by Sallie Mae. So, the problems aren't with Sallie Mae, but GRC. So, my ENTIRE process after 9th payment took less than 2 wks by contacting the Obmudsman at the DOE. I kept his number just in case they don't get everything else done as they should (removing the negative credit, etc).

Of course, this isn't the same situation going on with DOE loans. That's another issue.

#4 running 24/7

running 24/7
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Lynn, what other information do you have such as phone numbers and names. GRC is pressing me to sign Application and promissory note, explaining the loan will not be rehabilited until I sign and return the forms. I have one payment remaining. Can they force me to do this, what recourse do I have?

running24/7

You need to read the link. Paid 9th payment on Feb 16th, contacted GRC the next day in which they tried to force consolidation (I read a warning about consolidating that way - you lose some options you might have if you do). Can you give me info (link) on how the CA get paid more for rehabs vs. consolidations. I haven't read that. Anyway, immediately contacted DOE Ombudsman who turned around and checked with USA Funds (guarantor) and my loan is already (as of yesterday) bought back by Sallie Mae. So, the problems aren't with Sallie Mae, but GRC. So, my ENTIRE process after 9th payment took less than 2 wks by contacting the Obmudsman at the DOE. I kept his number just in case they don't get everything else done as they should (removing the negative credit, etc).

Of course, this isn't the same situation going on with DOE loans. That's another issue.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.