Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Will disputing with CHEX get deletions?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 eazy_money

eazy_money
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

I have 2 listings. Wells Fargo and Key Bank. I have had some success getting deletions by disputing with the CRA's for negative TL's. Is disputing with CHEX similar?

#2 eazy_money

eazy_money
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

37 views and no opinions either way. I sent out a dispute to CHEX today, I will update with results.

#3 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

37 views and no opinions either way. I sent out a dispute to CHEX today, I will update with results.

Some have been able to be removed and some no.. the older listings come off easier than the new ones. It is worth a try

Edited by mca, 02 March 2012 - 12:54 AM.

#4 Repairerer

Repairerer

Bump Influence Scroll Keeper IV

• Members
  • 6,341 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

My personal experience was that I disputed one negative and it was not removed, but it was updated to paid in full for some reason. (It was not, but the bank had sold it to a collections agency.)

I was then able to get more credit union accounts than I otherwise would have.

#5 eazy_money

eazy_money
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

I will post my results.

#6 JUPITER2928

JUPITER2928
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

I just had one removed. It took about two months, Chex came back that Bank did not respond.... DELETED, thx MCA

#7 eazy_money

eazy_money
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

How come it took two months? I thought they had thirty days to investigate and respond. Thanks for the ray of hope.

#8 JUPITER2928

JUPITER2928
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

I guess after 45 days and no answer, they deleted and mailed me. First thing I learned here is to be patient.

#9 eazy_money

eazy_money
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

I need to take a page out of your book as far as patience goes.

#10 JUPITER2928

JUPITER2928
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

Easy,
Patience.... I just received another deletion in the mail this morning. Dispute and sit back and wait.

Edited by Budmccarroll, 05 March 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#11 New School

New School
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

Yes patience is key as long as you have a green card you can twiddle your thumbs away lol

MCA has some AWESOME info thank the stars for her checksystemsvictims site... i didnt even know that they cant report after 5 years! i wonder if its the same in all states and if this is a federal law or not..... PS i tried like back in 2003 to get a negative removed from Chex and was unsuccessful .... now that i have the info from MCA i will try again :)

#12 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yes patience is key as long as you have a green card you can twiddle your thumbs away lol

MCA has some AWESOME info thank the stars for her checksystemsvictims site... i didnt even know that they cant report after 5 years! i wonder if its the same in all states and if this is a federal law or not..... PS i tried like back in 2003 to get a negative removed from Chex and was unsuccessful .... now that i have the info from MCA i will try again :)

well they technically can report for 7yrs but they choose to remove after 5

#13 eazy_money

eazy_money
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

My results are in and all info was verified.

#14 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Is everything on the report accurate?

#15 eazy_money

eazy_money
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Yes, it's all accurate.

The good news is I opened an account with BoA on 3/9/2012 inside a branch. I told them I was on chex and ews but have an account with Chase that started as a second chance account 20 months ago and has since been upgraded to a regular account and is in good standing with a little money in it. I made an opening deposit of money I would not mind being tied up if they closed me and have been making deposits once per week on my payday. As of today its still open. I have to admit it's not what i wanted, I want to get into a credit union and start building a relationship there. I do however have a secured card from BoA that I opened back in January 2012 so its kind of the same thing. I will just be patient until these Chex entries fall off and join a CU then. Thanks again for your help.

#16 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

Yes, it's all accurate.

The good news is I opened an account with BoA on 3/9/2012 inside a branch. I told them I was on chex and ews but have an account with Chase that started as a second chance account 20 months ago and has since been upgraded to a regular account and is in good standing with a little money in it. I made an opening deposit of money I would not mind being tied up if they closed me and have been making deposits once per week on my payday. As of today its still open. I have to admit it's not what i wanted, I want to get into a credit union and start building a relationship there. I do however have a secured card from BoA that I opened back in January 2012 so its kind of the same thing. I will just be patient until these Chex entries fall off and join a CU then. Thanks again for your help.

Where do you live? Zip code?

#17 eazy_money

eazy_money
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

This is an update to my update. If you recall I had Wells, Key, and RJM for Wells. The Key is 2011 the wells and rjm are 2008. I got a letter yesterday form CHEX that states they have removed the Key listing because Key did not respond! So now I am down to 2 listings. Whats interesting is that the remaining entries are much older and much less money. So to answer my own question, Yes you can get deletions by disputing with CHEX!

#18 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

This is an update to my update. If you recall I had Wells, Key, and RJM for Wells. The Key is 2011 the wells and rjm are 2008. I got a letter yesterday form CHEX that states they have removed the Key listing because Key did not respond! So now I am down to 2 listings. Whats interesting is that the remaining entries are much older and much less money. So to answer my own question, Yes you can get deletions by disputing with CHEX!

Thanks for the update and yes it can happen and does all the time

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.