Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Ucc-1 filings to help build your biz credit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RepoMan31

RepoMan31
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

I was reading some articles that suggested that you file some ucc-1 filings in the business name in order to help you build not only your biz credit but also can be used to boost your personal credit as well. Does anyone out there know anything about this and whether its legal or not and if so how and where do you go to get this done. I am really unsure about this. Please explain

#2 sully1975

sully1975
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

http://en.wikipedia....ncing_statement

#3 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

Sully would you please explain... I am at a complete lost.

#4 shubbardman

shubbardman
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

A UCC-1 is a security agreement that a creditor would have with a business to repay a loan or lease agreement. For instance, let's say you own a bakery and need a new tortilla making machine to expand production. The machine costs a $100K and you cannot afford to pay for it upfront, so you approach a leasing company who agrees to pay for the machine and lease it to you for the next ten years @ $1K per month. The lease company is not just going to deliver you a $100k machine without some security, so they ask you to sign a lease agreement along with a UCC-1 specifically naming the tortilla making machine long with your accounts receivable as collateral. Once the machine is paid for, they should release the UCC-1. However, if you defualt on the payment or file for Bankruptcy, the lease company will try to get their machine back.

The above example is a overly simplified use of a UCC-1 as it can be used for a variety reasons.

#5 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

A UCC-1 is a security agreement that a creditor would have with a business to repay a loan or lease agreement. For instance, let's say you own a bakery and need a new tortilla making machine to expand production. The machine costs a $100K and you cannot afford to pay for it upfront, so you approach a leasing company who agrees to pay for the machine and lease it to you for the next ten years @ $1K per month. The lease company is not just going to deliver you a $100k machine without some security, so they ask you to sign a lease agreement along with a UCC-1 specifically naming the tortilla making machine long with your accounts receivable as collateral. Once the machine is paid for, they should release the UCC-1. However, if you defualt on the payment or file for Bankruptcy, the lease company will try to get their machine back.

The above example is a overly simplified use of a UCC-1 as it can be used for a variety reasons.

Okay, thanks for a little more clarity. Now, I understand that this agreement would be made public, but how could this help your personal credit and would there be stipulations for p2p contracts? Most importantly, if the creditor does not have a DUNS number would this not be a benefit for building credit in general? Thanks for your assistance in advance.

#6 shubbardman

shubbardman
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Okay, thanks for a little more clarity. Now, I understand that this agreement would be made public, but how could this help your personal credit and would there be stipulations for p2p contracts? Most importantly, if the creditor does not have a DUNS number would this not be a benefit for building credit in general? Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Yes, it can help your business build credit. Are you seeking accounts receivable or inventory financing?

#7 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:10 AM

Yes, it can help your business build credit. Are you seeking accounts receivable or inventory financing?

inventory financing...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.