Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

LVNV Funding keeps raising amount by $2.00

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shanes76

shanes76
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

I have a TL on my report for LvNV Funding, each month it raises 2.00, how can they do that? Its listed as a personal loan. I read whychat's SOL page and in Ohio the SOL is 4 years, this is way over 4 years old, I cannot get rid of these guys for nothing.

#2 nekom

nekom
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

Probably interest, which depending on circumstances they may be well within their rights to charge. What's the amount (ballpark it, don't have to say exact)?

Keep in mind that the SOL for credit reporting is 7 years, even if they can't seek a legal remedy. Also keep in mind that Ohio's SOL is the subject of quite a bit of debate. Tread lightly.

#3 sennico

sennico
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

A lot of people including myself have had luck disputing LVNV through the BBB...

#4 nekom

nekom
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

A lot of people including myself have had luck disputing LVNV through the BBB...

Also the South Carolina (their state) Attorney General. But you have to have a legitimate beef, and a paper trail.

#5 shanes76

shanes76
  • Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

the amounts are 618.00 and 635.00 and one of the accounts is from a discover card from when I was 18, thats 18 years ago

Edited by shanes76, 25 February 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#6 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,681 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

the amounts are 618.00 and 635.00 and one of the accounts is from a discover card from when I was 18, thats 18 years ago

that may be reaging an SOL debt. - a violation of the FDCPA and the FCRA. when did you default on the card?

it's certainly past the FCRA reporting period - which is 7 years.

http://creditboards....howtopic=467824

you dispsuted this thru the CRA's and was it verified?

if you didn't , you need to do that

and/ or redispute it as obsolete.

send an ITS letter. to LVNV at the address listed on your reports.

15 year SOL in Ohio on written contracts.

6 years if nothing in writing.

(why chat was supposed to fix that error.)

http://creditboards....howtopic=436066

#7 Iamdanieltuck

Iamdanieltuck
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

I didn't have a paper trail with LVNV but they reported some inaccuracies that they verified month after month. I contact the SC State AG and they deleted from all three bureaus in approximately 4 days. Keep in mind I was also submitting Jack attacks at that time and my debt was setteled a couple months ago so the balance was 0. DO NOT GIVE UP with LVNV, they will fold!!!

#8 fsugirl

fsugirl
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

Is a personal loan a written contract?

#9 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 16,681 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

Is a personal loan a written contract?

Depends on you state laws -

but in general,

personal loan from whom?

if it's and unsecured signature loan from a bank for your personal use, then;

yes - Loans for a set sum of money are usually in writing, and since the whole agreement is within the 4 corners of the document ( the loan agreement ) and you sign these

they are usually considered written contracts. - contracts in writing

a personal loan from family - did you sign a note ( an IOU) stating that you would pay them back by such anad such a date? - then it's a promissory note, also considered a written contract in most states.

if you didn't sign a note, then it's usually considered an Oral contract / implied contract.

PS - I've answered an offtopic question. - don't hijack this thread with questions that don't pertain to this thread - if you have further questions, start your own thread. )

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.